Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Missing Button for Event Propagation in Script Editor

Level 10

Hi,

is anybody else missing the button to enable the event propagation in the script editor?

I know it has been there once, but seems to be disappeared since I installed the SP2 (9.0.0.2.20101008.2.720808) for Designer.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

It will only become active when you click on a subform that has child nodes. So if you add a script that changes the bordercolor on the enter event of a subform, then that checkbox becomes active and allows you to propogate the command to all objects contained within the subform.

Note that it has been removed for SP2 because it was causing too much confusion for users. The advanced users that use that facility are expected to make the changes in the xml source that the button provided.

Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

It might have to do with the target version of the form ....event propogation is only support with target version 9 and above.

paul

Level 10

Hi,

the target version is set 9.1 or higher.

Other suggestions?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

It will only become active when you click on a subform that has child nodes. So if you add a script that changes the bordercolor on the enter event of a subform, then that checkbox becomes active and allows you to propogate the command to all objects contained within the subform.

Note that it has been removed for SP2 because it was causing too much confusion for users. The advanced users that use that facility are expected to make the changes in the xml source that the button provided.

Paul

Level 10

Aha, it has been removed.

Even more confusing, don't you think?!

Wasn't mentioned in the release notes, right?

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/lcdesigner_releasenotes.htm

Former Community Member

Thats not my call (whether to remove it or not). I will open a bug that there is nothing in the release notes about this.

Paul

Level 2

Thanks for this post!

I know this is an old post, but it really helped me out. I was trying to get a propogated event whenever exiting a field to work and was finally able to do it by editing the xml. The change I had to make was the following.

ORIGINAL LINE OF CODE

<

event activity="exit" name="event__exit

">

NEW LINE OF CODE

<

event activity="exit" listen="refAndDescendents" name="event__exit

">

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----