Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to frameserve from Premiere CS5?

Sep 23, 2010 9:54 AM

Dears,

since Debugmode Frameserver is not working in Premiere CS5, also Avisynth is not working with CS5 version nor ProCoder and CCE doesn't have export plugin for Premiere CS5, my question is do we have option to frameserve Premiere timeline to some external coder or only encoding workflow (for DVD - MPEG2) is using Adobe Media Encoder?

Please, share your experience with encoding and frameserving.

Thanks.

Replies 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 23, 2010 9:58 AM   in reply to Stile35_DJ

It's intermediate files for third-party encoders for the time being, until some enterprising individual takes on the task of porting DebugMode Frameserver to 64-bit, and makes it work efficiently within the newer method of exporting from Premiere.

I'd pay $100 for such a plug-in/capability, myself.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2010 1:46 PM   in reply to Stile35_DJ

I too would be willing to contribute financially to paying a programmer to port Debug Mode Framseserver to CS5. Now that Satish has made it open source we can do this...  well, if we could programme we could!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2010 3:16 PM   in reply to Stile35_DJ

Colin, Stile35, anyone else interested in contributing, please could you contact me regarding this discussion about creating a CS5 version of Frameserver? my e-mail is mark at mediacircus dot biz. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2010 12:57 PM   in reply to Mark Morreau

I have been in touch with Satish, and he says:

Yes you can pay someone to work on CS5 support for the frameserver.
    Please note that the open source code of frameserver is licensed under
    GPL (http://code.google.com/p/frame-server/source/browse/trunk/LICENSE)
    and according to that all adding features to frameserver means the
    person has to contribute the source code for those changes back to the
    frameserver project. I don't have time to work on it but I'll gladly
    provide help to any other programmer you can find and pay to work on
    it. Once they have added CS5 support I can also integrate that into
    the official frameserver code and release a new version so all users
    can benefit from it.

Good luck and let me know once you get someone to work on it.

Cheers
    Satish

So, anyone else willing to chip in financially to help get this done?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2010 1:07 PM   in reply to Stile35_DJ

Uh, no, you can't pay me! I'm no programmer!! We would have to find someone to do that. Perhaps via the method you suggested earlier? I know NOTHING about programming, possibly not even enough to write the brief for a programmer...

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2010 5:50 AM   in reply to Mark Morreau

Hi guy`s! I'm not sure that I can be here to write like that, but I hope that the administration of the forum will treat me loyally. In any case, I hasten to warn that it is not advertising!
    On the site 
    which is dedicated to like our requirements,I left a request for paid execution plugin Debug Mode Frame Server for 64-bit CS5. Responded to this proposal three people. One of them says that it is almost done. The price of issue of $500. Who  cares, write to my email (taravasya@bigmir.net) I will try to gather  as much people that like to each it was not very expensive.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2010 7:07 AM   in reply to taravasya

Thanks for doing that, but before I contribute cash I'd like to a) get a competitive quote from the website linked to above, and b) be able to read, in English, what the brief you've posted and the response you've had is.

Cheers

Mark

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2010 7:26 AM   in reply to Mark Morreau

Thanks for doing that, but before I contribute cash I'd like to a) get a competitive quote from the website linked to above, and b) be able to read, in English, what the brief you've posted and the response you've had is.

Not to mention test it out, even in an alpha/semi-functional state.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2010 7:32 AM   in reply to Colin Brougham

Yes, Colin, and that!

So, how do we start to write a brief for a programmer? I have never done anything like this..

We know what we want it to do: frameserve video from Premiere CS5.

We can demonstrate how it works from previous versions of Premiere, CS4 being the most relevant.

We know we want an opportunity to alpha and beta test it and to sign off on a release version.

What else needs to go into the mix to provide a clear and succinct brief to advertise for someone to do this? Anyone want to have a stab at writing it?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2010 7:42 AM   in reply to Mark Morreau

Man, I do not speak english properly. The site I was talking about, is the mediator between the free-lancers and customers. Of course i will be hard to communicate with you, but now I try to find someone who could communicate freely with you. And yet, .. I'm afraid,.. if we are here to discuss this issue, the administration will be banned us????

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2010 7:49 AM   in reply to Mark Morreau

Mark,

If I understand that Google-translated post above, it sounds like we don't need to do anything, and that one of the three interested coders already has a near-working version. I think that Satish, the original author of the frameserver, was making the source code available so that any interested party could just pick up and run with it. I don't know anything about coding, of course, but my guess would be that most of the structure and design is already in place, and that it was a matter of just packing it work within the 64-bit architecture and also with the new encoding model in CS5. In short, this shouldn't involve reinventing the wheel, though it may require some retracing of steps to get back to a point where the new encoding framework diverged from the old.

I'll try to find some time to shoot off an email to the poster who brought this up. I'm certainly not in a position to drop $500, personally, and even $100 is tight at this juncture, but if we had enough interested people (and this thing actually works!!!!), it could be more economical.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2010 8:13 AM   in reply to Colin Brougham

Ah, I read that google-translation completely the other way, as a brief to develop theframeserver, and offering $500 for someone to do so... it's a bit ambiguous actually...

The other link, that Stile35 posted, is for a site where you state your programming needs and programmers bid for the work

http://www.vworker.com/RentACoder/DotNet/default.aspx

Which is why I felt we needed to develop a brief.

As for the money, if we can indeed get enough people together to share the cost then it shouldn't be too much for any one person. Maybe we can create a closed group of people who pay a sum into escrow to enter and beta test, and when this is completed and the target raised the programmer gets paid? The question of course is what is the incentive to contribute towards the cost of something that will be made freely available as soon as it's been created? I suppose driven by need to have such a thing. I, for one, would find it bloody useful. Maybe not $500 useful, but certainly $50 useful.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2010 8:24 AM   in reply to Colin Brougham
    Google-translated post

Exactly!

Satish, the original author of the frameserver, was making the source code available so that any interested party could just pick up and run with it

Exactly again: http://code.google.com/p/frame-server/source/browse/#svn/trunk/src

and more: http://code.google.com/p/frame-server/wiki/BuildInstructions

we don't need to do anything

Not necessarily. As says - one head is good but two is better ... Maybe you can provide something like that, which I do not think ...

But the work itself with code of course we will not have to do. This will deal with the programmer.

PS// On my forum, there are three or four people willing to participate in this "scam" 

So... I'm still looking for an assistant to communicate in english with you.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2010 8:31 AM   in reply to Mark Morreau
    The other link

On this site no one took to execute the order. So I started looking at the other and found free-lancer.ru

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2010 8:49 AM   in reply to taravasya

I'm not surprised, as it's listed as "very small business project under $100".

If you listed it, why not go back and increase the amount available and see if there's some more interest then?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2010 9:25 AM   in reply to Mark Morreau

The main problem is that I do not speak english. The project did little, because it was going to pull it myself ....

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2010 3:34 PM   in reply to taravasya

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2010 11:26 AM   in reply to Stile35_DJ

Guys I honestly do not know ... After two or three days, the plugin will be ready to use (the one on the video - it's a debug version). I need to somehow collect $500, that would have to pay a person for work performed. I live in Ukraine. The programmer in Russia.

Anybody can offer a more or less convenient way to raise money? May be somebody already transferred money to our countrys?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2010 3:28 AM   in reply to Stile35_DJ

Anybody know service - Мoneybookers? I can get money with this system.

Who are interested please contact me by email. I'll let an email to which you can transfer the money.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2010 4:00 AM   in reply to taravasya

It is also possible transfer by Western Union

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2010 4:35 AM   in reply to taravasya

Moved to the lounge, since the topic is now more about DMFS than CS5.

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2010 11:48 AM   in reply to Stile35_DJ

Normally one would use some sort of Escrow service. We put our money into escrow. When programmer has finished work and bug-free plug-in received then funds are released from escrow.

https://www.escrow.com/solutions/escrow/process.asp

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2010 12:18 PM   in reply to Mark Morreau

No. On that moment i can get money from Мoneybookers and Western Union

Sorry. Those service(Escrow) not available in Russia and Ukraine

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2010 12:28 PM   in reply to Mark Morreau

I can give to you contacts of programmer,.. maybe you can negotiate with him...

In the end, I think there is not much difference who it was translated by him the money ...

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2010 12:29 PM   in reply to taravasya

Moneybookers do an escrow service:

http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=escrow

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2010 12:34 PM   in reply to Mark Morreau

O. I see. Thank you. I think it`s good solution for us.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2010 12:48 PM   in reply to taravasya

Hi everybody. We have fully functionality plugin. And some improves....

http://photomir.dn.ua/tutorials/adobe/premiere/debugmodecs5/debugmodec s5.html

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2010 3:16 PM   in reply to taravasya

Installation process and work in AME.

http://photomir.dn.ua/tutorials/adobe/temp_blogs/debugmode-frameserver -cs5/debugmode-frameserver-cs5.html

As I mentioned above you can send money to MoneyBookers. My email address in this system:

hotmail.png
    Those  who are worried about fairness of the transaction can take advantage of  the system through the transfer of Escrow, as advised mark__m.
    ------------
    So of course, also the variant with WesternUnion available:
    Ukraine (country)
    Donetskaya (province)
    Makeevka (city)
    86157 (postal code)
    Engels 7 (street)
    Vasil' (first name)
    Tararin (last name)
    -------------
    After sending the translation, let me know the same your information as above:
    country, province, city, postal code, street, first name, last name
    also
    transfer amount and MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number),
    city, state / province, country money sent from.
    And please, check:
    This transaction is not concemed with business or investment activities.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2010 7:24 PM   in reply to taravasya

Yes. Probably it is very convenient, just sit on the sidelines until someone do everything for you ...
    So many want to be? Hey! Where do you all ....
    I created a page where you can make all possible assistance to the project. Including PayPal ...

http://photomir.dn.ua/debug/index.html

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2010 5:05 PM   in reply to Mark Morreau

mark__m!!  As i understand, its you did the transfer to my PayPal? I want to tale you,,, hmm... Here:

http://savdink.com/showthread.php?t=28482

on my  forum, i do the public relation with users who want to participate in this donation. Where in the first topic you can see how many i collect at the current time. (now it`s ~260$ - Commission for the withdrawal of funds(~10%)).

In addition, I offer you to use the debug version, the one that I have on hand. True  it has some bugs, and there is no installer (you need to create keys in the registry, copy files and folders manualy, register codec manualy). If you are interested, just tell me. I will give you the files and describe what should be done that would have working DMFS.
    A final version, I can get as soon as collect all money(500$). And right after that
    of course ше will distribute it to all the participants ... And then (later, when those who are greedy, will be nervous )  are likely to give the sources to Satish.

Thanks anyway....

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2010 6:00 PM   in reply to taravasya

OK, I'm somewhat interested in this. I was really hoping that it was going to let us use the AME queue to set up multiple exports, but even though you can queue up several frameserved items in AME, it doesn't look like it will close a previous connection and set up a new one. That would really be worth paying for, but this is impressive nonetheless.

So, what sort of guarantees do we have that we're actually going to get a fully functioning product, or any product, for that matter? It's obvious that the plug-in is working now, but that doesn't mean we'll wind up with that. I'm assuming that if we donate, we won't have to pay for anything again, and we'll receive any updates for free. Do we have a means of communicating with the coder to fix bugs or add features, or is this sort of a matter of "you get what you get?"

Anyway, I'm intrigued.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2010 7:28 PM   in reply to Colin Brougham

First. How do you imagine queue with FrameServer? Theoretically possible to do so, that then system is idle, serving would be stopped automatically. But how does it understand programm what use signpost file, such AVISinth, or ProCoder ?.... To do this, will have to write something totally not related to DebugMode...

it doesn't look like it will close a previous connection and set up a new one.

Generaly, if press the stop serving, is exactly as you say. Old signpost avi, removed, and immediately activated a new export. And  mind you, due to the fact that the settings DebugMode moved into a  dialogue Premiere, is now no need to click the Next button.... But what do we make of it? In principle, it is probably possible to implement in AVISinth, writing some sort of clever script.. I don`t know. May be you can suggest something?..

So, what sort of guarantees

As I said in the previous one post, when all is finished, the sources will be given to the officially developer. Later he will make official release. This is the first. Second only to good-natured to me, the attitude of the programmer. At the moment, all my requests to them properly implemented.

While this is certainly not a guarantee ... But actually before that DMFS was distributed without any warranty too...

Do we have a means of communicating with the coder to fix bugs or add features, or is this sort of a matter of "you get what you get?"

Ofcause you can communicate with him. But he is unlikely to be able to properly communicate with you. Is that too with a translator, as I

Who needs his email I can tell, but not on the forum page (which would hide his email from spammers)

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2010 7:44 PM   in reply to Colin Brougham
    you can queue up several frameserved items in AME

I've been more thought. If  we make an automatic stop serving, then queue from AME can use those  programs for which provided a "watch folder" But then create queue, need to ensure to it that would be the name of each output file to  be unique.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2010 5:03 AM   in reply to taravasya

Yep. I made a deal with a programmer about the automatic stop serving, at a given time the system is idle.

Your turn. How to implement catch the next file with encoder?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2010 5:48 AM   in reply to taravasya

taravasya wrote:

you can queue up several frameserved items in AME

I've been more thought. If  we make an automatic stop serving, then queue from AME can use those  programs for which provided a "watch folder" But then create queue, need to ensure to it that would be the name of each output file to  be unique.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Obviously, there needs to be some sort of "intelligence" on the part of the frameserver to know when to terminate its current process, and then relaunch; the AME queue, as far as I can imagine, would be able to handle the relaunching of the frameserver. Perhaps an "autopilot" option could be added to the frameserver that would automatically "click" the Next and Stop Serving buttons when there is a lack of serving activity for a certain duration of time--60 to 120 seconds, for example. I don't think we need to worry about unique names too much as it appears that the plug-in already respects the name of the queued sequence or file. So long as those are different, there shouldn't be any problems. Obviously, your third-party encoding app needs watch folders, but I think many of the major ones do--Sorenson Squeeze, for instance.

The reason I'm interested in the queuing ability is that, theoretically, with the capability of network frameserving, we can effectively offload our encoding to another computer and continue working on the primary computer, with no major hit in performance. As far as I'm concerned, that's the main reason I'm interested in this plug-in.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 4 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points