Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Response time slowly increasing if the assembler runs for long time:

Oct 6, 2010 10:59 AM

Hi,

We created the assembler process which assembles 52 documents and gives the mashed document as output. This works excellent.

We ran this process in performance testing in pre-prod for 4 hours with 5 users mashing up 52 documents form (2614 threads). What we observed is the LC server response time tends to increase slowly from 10 sec to 15 sec. So, we were scared about what if we run this process continuosly in production?

What could be the reason for this increase in response time? do we have to change any config setting for this service or any admin settings to control this?

here is the attached graph for the response time:

Thanks,

Krishna

Attachments:

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 28, 2010 12:54 PM   in reply to iangschmidt

Which version? They've done a lot of improvments on the Assembler service in the latest service pack (ES2 SP2).

Jasmin

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2010 11:04 AM   in reply to iangschmidt

I'm not sure of the exact details of what was change in the code for Assembler ES2 SP2, but I know it's more performant. You can probably get in tough with support to get more information about it. I don't think this is mention in any of the release notes.

That aside, I talked with colleague of mine about your test results. He said the only time he's seen something similar (11sec to 18 sec. stop and start again a 18 sec) is when there was an issue with the file system. Especially on Windows, since Windows is not as efficient as Unix for multiples files in the same folder.

Can you check the Global Data Storage (GDS) folder and see how many files you get there?

I'm not ruling out the memory leak, but it would be interesting to see if there's something wrong with the file system.

Also, I would open a ticket with support so they can track it as well.

Jasmin

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2010 9:47 AM   in reply to iangschmidt

Make sure your heap size is configured to the optimal values.

See the following post: http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2010/10/heap-size-sweet-spot-for-live cycle-es2.html

Jasmin

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points