Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Type tool problem

Oct 14, 2010 11:34 AM

I have a problem with my type tool. I just got that dot when I click with the type tool, and it even makes the text layer but I just can't type anything. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit which I installed couple of weeks ago. I never had this problem with 32 bit. Untitled-1.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 14, 2010 12:01 PM   in reply to Markus_T

Check the document resolution.  If it's set to something extremenly high or low, your type could be hard to see.

Then open the character and paragraph panels and check the values in them (or just reset both of them).

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2010 5:02 PM   in reply to Markus_T

I am having the same problem and have for about a month now. I don't know how to fix it. Any suggestions?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2010 5:26 PM   in reply to MollyDuke4

Read post #1 and post #2 in this topic.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 1, 2010 7:09 PM   in reply to MollyDuke4

The Type tool makes the size of the type you selected in points the proper size on the document.  For example, 72 point type is supposed to be about 1 inch high. How many pixels/inch is your document set to?  What point size type are you specifying?  What is your zoom level?  What I'm getting at here is that you may have set up a condition where the type is simply too small to see on your screen.

Also, what color is the Type (e.g., is your foreground color white and you're trying to type on a white background)?

Try returning the Type tool options to default by making the Character panel visible, clicking the little icon at the upper-right, and choosing Reset Character.

Finally, make sure your video drivers are up to date from the web site of the manufacturer of your video card.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2010 10:30 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Thank you for your help!

Character Reset worked.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)