Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can CS5 be installed on 2 computers?

May 18, 2010 11:18 AM

I just upgraded from Production Premium CS4 to CS5.  Can I install CS5 on two computers, and if not, can I install CS4 on one computer and CS5 on another?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2010 12:17 PM   in reply to Dabalani

You can install it on 500 computers, but you can only have two activated at any one time. Additionally, you may only use one computer at a time and you must be the primary user. IOW, you can't install on two machines in one office so that two people can work.

It's one license for one person.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2010 7:53 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

I have the same question.  I would like to install the suite on my desktop for working here in the office, and then on my laptop so I can work remotely.  The answer that @BobLevine provided sounds right and I certainly hope it's true, but it seems contrary to something I found in the Web Premium CS5 FAQ:

Can I distribute a Creative Suite 5 edition across multiple users or computers?

No. The product license agreement for Creative Suite 5 does not  allow you to install the components of a single suite edition across  multiple computers. Refer to the End-User License Agreement for more details.

Can anybody clarify this?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2010 7:57 AM   in reply to GordonClines

What that says is that you cannot install say Photoshop and Fireworks on one machine and Dreamweaver and Flash on another for the use of two different people. You are quite within the EULA rules to install the suite on your work and laptop computers as long as you are the primary user of both machines and that only one machine will be in use at a time.

Does that help?

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2010 8:01 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Yes Bob, that's awesome!  Thank you so much for your quick response.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2010 7:37 PM   in reply to Dabalani

If I am using the subscription edition can I install on two machines and pay the subscription for two machines with only one serrial number?>

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2011 6:14 AM   in reply to Dabalani

How about an OEM version. Can that also be installed/activated on 2 machines? Or is the disadvantage of an OEM version that it only can be installed on one machine?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2011 6:21 AM   in reply to jiggy1965

There are no OEM versions.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2011 6:22 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Oh...and please do not post links to sites claiming to sell OEM versions are 90% off list price. These are software pirates that not only sell you pirate software, they steal your credit card information as well.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2011 6:29 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

O, it's not a illegit company. It's an official training company which o.a. provide courses in adobe, php, etc. And it's not 90% off, but about 150 dollars. It's says it's the 'oem version'. Which I was told is the official software but without any fancy cover, manual etc.? Don't know much about oem versions, but I read somewhere that the downside was that you could only install it on one machine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2011 6:32 AM   in reply to jiggy1965

AFAIK, there are no OEM versions of Creative Suite. Tread very carefully.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2011 6:47 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Ok, I will.

I'm reading the eula right now. Where does it say I can install / use it on 2 computers? Can't find that section.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2011 6:53 AM   in reply to jiggy1965

Already found it (reading creative suite eula)

2.5 Portable or Home Computer Use. Subject to the important restrictions set forth in Section 2.6, the primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed under Section 2.2 (“Primary User”) may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided that the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2011 6:55 AM   in reply to jiggy1965

2.2 General Use. You may install and use one copy of the Software only on the Permitted Number of your

compatible Computers into which you enter a valid serial number.

2.5 Portable or Home Computer Use. Subject to the important restrictions set forth in Section 2.6, the

primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed under Section 2.2 (“Primary User”) may

install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a

Computer located at his or her home, provided that the Software on the portable or home Computer is not

used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2011 4:23 AM   in reply to Dabalani

Hi, I am working in a small company with only 2 designers, we need to buy CS5- are there any discounts we can get buying 2 at once or we need to buy 2 whole packages? over ~£2000? eeek!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2011 6:22 AM   in reply to befswade

You need to buy two licenses.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2011 12:23 PM   in reply to Dabalani

So if I were to buy another computer later on (I am planning on keeping my copy for a long time) all I have to do is deactivate it on my old computer?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2011 7:35 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

How about the educational edition?  Does that work the same as the regular retail license?

Can a student install one educational license on a home system as well as a laptop?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2011 4:10 AM   in reply to ArtChain

ArtChain wrote:

How about the educational edition?  Does that work the same as the regular retail license?

Can a student install one educational license on a home system as well as a laptop?

Yes, how many computers you can run Adobe software on works pretty much the same across most major products and customer/license types.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points