Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to frameserve from Premiere CS5?

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dears,

since Debugmode Frameserver is not working in Premiere CS5, also Avisynth is not working with CS5 version nor ProCoder and CCE doesn't have export plugin for Premiere CS5, my question is do we have option to frameserve Premiere timeline to some external coder or only encoding workflow (for DVD - MPEG2) is using Adobe Media Encoder?

Please, share your experience with encoding and frameserving.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 159 Replies 159
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's intermediate files for third-party encoders for the time being, until some enterprising individual takes on the task of porting DebugMode Frameserver to 64-bit, and makes it work efficiently within the newer method of exporting from Premiere.

I'd pay $100 for such a plug-in/capability, myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also willing to pay to get fast working frameserver for CS5 (as we had for CS3). Anyone interested for porting frameserver from 32-bit to 64-bit which is now open source?

Here is the link:

http://groups.google.com/group/frameserver-discuss/browse_thread/thread/92f4c90cc02a92ac#

Also we could post an offer for paid programming at sites such as:

http://www.vworker.com/RentACoder/DotNet/default.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2011 Feb 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of topic: Colin, do you answer PM's?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would be willing to contribute financially to paying a programmer to port Debug Mode Framseserver to CS5. Now that Satish has made it open source we can do this...  well, if we could programme we could!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin, Stile35, anyone else interested in contributing, please could you contact me regarding this discussion about creating a CS5 version of Frameserver? my e-mail is mark at mediacircus dot biz. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 31, 2010 Oct 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been in touch with Satish, and he says:

Yes you can pay someone to work on CS5 support for the frameserver.
Please note that the open source code of frameserver is licensed under
GPL (http://code.google.com/p/frame-server/source/browse/trunk/LICENSE)
and according to that all adding features to frameserver means the
person has to contribute the source code for those changes back to the
frameserver project. I don't have time to work on it but I'll gladly
provide help to any other programmer you can find and pay to work on
it. Once they have added CS5 support I can also integrate that into
the official frameserver code and release a new version so all users
can benefit from it.

Good luck and let me know once you get someone to work on it.

Cheers
Satish

So, anyone else willing to chip in financially to help get this done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK guys. It seems that we have person who is willing to develop Frameserver to support Premiere CS5 64-bit version. Like I said before, I am willing to pay for it. Can we somehow agree to pay Mark for development. If it will be fluent and fast, we can contribute financialy. How can we arrange it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh, no, you can't pay me! I'm no programmer!! We would have to find someone to do that. Perhaps via the method you suggested earlier? I know NOTHING about programming, possibly not even enough to write the brief for a programmer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guy`s! I'm not sure that I can be here to write like that, but I hope that the administration of the forum will treat me loyally. In any case, I hasten to warn that it is not advertising!
On the site 
which is dedicated to like our requirements,I left a request for paid execution plugin Debug Mode Frame Server for 64-bit CS5. Responded to this proposal three people. One of them says that it is almost done. The price of issue of $500. Who  cares, write to my email (taravasya@bigmir.net) I will try to gather  as much people that like to each it was not very expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for doing that, but before I contribute cash I'd like to a) get a competitive quote from the website linked to above, and b) be able to read, in English, what the brief you've posted and the response you've had is.

Cheers

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for doing that, but before I contribute cash I'd like to a) get a competitive quote from the website linked to above, and b) be able to read, in English, what the brief you've posted and the response you've had is.

Not to mention test it out, even in an alpha/semi-functional state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Colin, and that!

So, how do we start to write a brief for a programmer? I have never done anything like this..

We know what we want it to do: frameserve video from Premiere CS5.

We can demonstrate how it works from previous versions of Premiere, CS4 being the most relevant.

We know we want an opportunity to alpha and beta test it and to sign off on a release version.

What else needs to go into the mix to provide a clear and succinct brief to advertise for someone to do this? Anyone want to have a stab at writing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, I do not speak english properly. The site I was talking about, is the mediator between the free-lancers and customers. Of course i will be hard to communicate with you, but now I try to find someone who could communicate freely with you. And yet, .. I'm afraid,.. if we are here to discuss this issue, the administration will be banned us????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark,

If I understand that Google-translated post above, it sounds like we don't need to do anything, and that one of the three interested coders already has a near-working version. I think that Satish, the original author of the frameserver, was making the source code available so that any interested party could just pick up and run with it. I don't know anything about coding, of course, but my guess would be that most of the structure and design is already in place, and that it was a matter of just packing it work within the 64-bit architecture and also with the new encoding model in CS5. In short, this shouldn't involve reinventing the wheel, though it may require some retracing of steps to get back to a point where the new encoding framework diverged from the old.

I'll try to find some time to shoot off an email to the poster who brought this up. I'm certainly not in a position to drop $500, personally, and even $100 is tight at this juncture, but if we had enough interested people (and this thing actually works!!!!), it could be more economical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I read that google-translation completely the other way, as a brief to develop theframeserver, and offering $500 for someone to do so... it's a bit ambiguous actually...

The other link, that Stile35 posted, is for a site where you state your programming needs and programmers bid for the work

http://www.vworker.com/RentACoder/DotNet/default.aspx

Which is why I felt we needed to develop a brief.

As for the money, if we can indeed get enough people together to share the cost then it shouldn't be too much for any one person. Maybe we can create a closed group of people who pay a sum into escrow to enter and beta test, and when this is completed and the target raised the programmer gets paid? The question of course is what is the incentive to contribute towards the cost of something that will be made freely available as soon as it's been created? I suppose driven by need to have such a thing. I, for one, would find it bloody useful. Maybe not $500 useful, but certainly $50 useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other link

On this site no one took to execute the order. So I started looking at the other and found free-lancer.ru

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not surprised, as it's listed as "very small business project under $100".

If you listed it, why not go back and increase the amount available and see if there's some more interest then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main problem is that I do not speak english. The project did little, because it was going to pull it myself ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2010 Nov 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2010 Nov 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what is current status? What are next steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys I honestly do not know ... After two or three days, the plugin will be ready to use (the one on the video - it's a debug version). I need to somehow collect $500, that would have to pay a person for work performed. I live in Ukraine. The programmer in Russia.

Anybody can offer a more or less convenient way to raise money? May be somebody already transferred money to our countrys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn, we have working Frameserver for Premiere CS5 64-bit. We need to find a way to get it and to eventually pay for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2010 Nov 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody know service - Ðœoneybookers? I can get money with this system.

Who are interested please contact me by email. I'll let an email to which you can transfer the money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2010 Nov 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is also possible transfer by Western Union

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines