• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is a gateway what I need?

Engaged ,
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CF8 in a windows environment.

I have a magentic stripe reader on the network at IP xxx.xx.xxx.174:1070

When a badge is scanned, I want that information to automatically log in my SQL database. I think a Socket Gateway is what I want, so it will listen to the address in question, and allow me to capture and store the information upon a scan, but I cant find much information on the net as to how to go about this. I have gone through the exanples but apparently I am not smart enough to "get it". Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TOPICS
Event gateways

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up a gateway, and it says it is running, but through all of my testing I get no in or out transactions recorded.

I used the SMS test system provided and it works, and records both in and out transactions, so something must be set up right.

I have my gateway set up to launch a CFC that sends me an email, as a test. It never gets activated. I dont think the CFC is even getting triggered.

I know the badge scanner is working correctly because it logs scans through a simple telnet connection and writes the scan to a text file.

Am I on the wrong track here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 24, 2010 Sep 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After further research, I find the following in the socket-gateway log:

Error attempting to listen on socket: java.net.socketException: socket closed

This is a strange one, because the socket is clearly open when I look at it through Windows administration tools.

I am using port 1070, and because it is over port 1000, I should not need any special permissions.

In the CF administrator it shows the gateway instance as running, but no in and out entries get registered.

I have stopped and restarted the gateway hundreds of times. No effect. Always the message shown above in the socket-gateway log.

Is there a bug that I need to know about?

CF8 on a windows environment.

Web searches turn up nothing, so apparently nobody is using the socket gateway. Even the Adobe documentation is barely existant. Not really sure why I am posting this here, since it is obvious that nobody reads, much less responds to, queries in the Gateway section!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only just seen this one. It should be straightforward. Is the setting in the configuration(cfg file) of your socket-gateway instance port=1070?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation