Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle ES2 Mobile Applications

Former Community Member

Did you know that if you've licensed LiveCycle Process Management ES2, or Content Services ES2, there are mobile apps available for you to use?  For Process Management, you can use your iPhone, Blackberry or Windows Mobile 6.1/6.5 device to approve tasks on the go with LiveCycle Workspace Mobile. 

The apps are available on the App Stores (Apple AppStore, Blackberry App World and Windows Live Market).

For Content Services, there is an iPhone only app available on the Apple AppStore that will allow you to view content on the go.  It also works with Microsoft Sharepoint 2010.

Enjoy!  If you have any questions about the apps, or how you can work them into your LiveCycle deployments, feel free to post on this forum and we'll answer you as soon as possible.

24 Replies

Level 2

Now a beta version is also available on Android Market.

Ciao,

Alessio

Level 2

Matt:

Attached is a typical form we created that we would want to complete in the field using an iPad. Any suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your time and cooperation in this matter. Should you have any questions or concerns please call.

E. KENNETH SCHAFER, JR.

CODEWORX, LLC

450 BUCKHORN DRIVE

BELVIDERE, NJ 07823

T. 646.675.8496

F. 908.475.3559

EKENNETHSCHAFER@COMCAST.NET

WWW.CODEWORX-GROUP.COM

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Please consider the environment before printing

Former Community Member

Hello again,

The attachment doesn't seem to come through.  If you would like to send it over to mattm (AT) adobe (DOT) com, I'll take a peek at it for you.

Thanks,

Matt MacKenzie

Level 2

Attached pdf

Thank you in advance for your time and cooperation in this matter. Should you have any questions or concerns please call.

E. KENNETH SCHAFER, JR.

CODEWORX, LLC

450 BUCKHORN DRIVE

BELVIDERE, NJ 07823

T. 646.675.8496

F. 908.475.3559

EKENNETHSCHAFER@COMCAST.NET

WWW.CODEWORX-GROUP.COM

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Please consider the environment before printing

Level 2

Thought this would be the best place to post this thread. As a vetran user / developer from 20 years ago using Formflow then Jetform and recent years Acrobat Extended does anyone know of an iPad application that will enable the user to fill in forms created using LC / Acrobat. Someone could make big $$$. I dont have the time or learning curve to create a iTunes App and I dont believe I am alone in searchi8ng for an app that will enable the user to download their created forms and complete them in the field.

Ken Schafer kschafer@comcast.net

Former Community Member

Hello Ken,

Thanks for being a long-time user of Adobe technologies.  That's great to see.

As of LiveCycle ES 2.5, our Mobile applications for iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Windows Mobile are capable of rendering forms!  In order to develop a "form" that will work on the mobile devices, you need to use LiveCycle Guilde Builder, which is a component of the LiveCycle Workbench development environment.  Support for XFA/PDF forms is a feature that we are investigating for Adobe Reader on Android, but right now you can deploy data capture experiences to devices using Guides.  The great thing about what we have done here is that Guides are rendered appropriately for your screen size.  That is something that is harder to accomplish with PDF forms designed for (typically) US letter sized display.

On the topic of iPad, our engineering team is busily working away at an iPad specific version of LC Mobile.  Expect it to appear on the appstore soon.

Take care,

Matt MacKenzie

Sr. Manager, Software Development - Enterprise Mobile

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member

Hi

i Have Process Management ES2 service  how to use LC ES2 Mobile in android can you please explain me?

Thanks

Former Community Member

Hi Suhas,

Thanks for your reply

I have Installed Trail version of Live Cycle ES2 with jboss Application server can you explain me how to configure Account with the Process Management for

Live Cycle ES2 Mobile..

Thanks,

srinu

Level 1

And here a link to the LiveCycle Mobile Setup Guide, which should get you started: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/LiveCycle/9.5/lc_mobile_setup.pdf. It contains links to the Workench help, where you can find info on creating guides (forms) and processes for use with LiveCycle Mobile.

Level 1

I would like to utilize a dynamic for I created in Adobe Livecycle ES2 (with Acrobat Professional) on an Android Phone and Tablet.  Do I need to sign up for LiveCycle Process Management ES2, or Content Services ES2 to do it?  The Adroid Acrobat Reader X will not recognize a dynamic PDF and will not allow a static one to be filled out...

Level 8

http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/mobile/data_capture.html

IMPORTANT: Using Adobe LiveCycle Mobile ES2 specifically for data capture requires the installation, use, and proper configuration of Adobe LiveCycle ES2 software (specifically Adobe LiveCycle Process Management ES2) on enterprise-class server software and hardware. The mobile client will not work without a concurrent LiveCycle ES implementation.

Level 1

I had already gotten that far.  But when I set it up, it appears that I need to subscribe to a fee service to use the capabilities of a program I already paid for.  Am I incorrect?  If there is a white sheet or instructions on how to implement the LiveCycle ES, I would be appreciative (sorry if I'm being dense)...

Level 1

I have Livecycle Designer ES2 installed on my desktop (from Acrobat X Pro) and ADEP Mobile on my android device.  However, when I try to start ADEP, it asks for account information I do not have.  How do I create an account and does it cost or is it free because I pruchased Adobe Acrobat X Professional?

Level 8

Ah, I think I see what you're talking about now.  Sounds like you're running the jar and not starting the document services.  If you go to your services you'll see a mysql for ADEP and a JBoss for ADEP.  If you start those services you'll then be able to use workbench and create a process to deliver the mobile content

Level 1

OK, now you've really lost me.  Services?  In Android (where?), LiveCycle ES2 Designer or Windows XP?

I've somehow figured out how to make a dynamic form in Livecycle Designer (and I really like it), but cannot use it because Adobe Reader X for Android will not recognise it and I am at about wits end with ADEP and trying to get it running.  I cannot get past the accounts screen (auto or manual).  I assume I need to register for some account, but cannot figure out where, what or how. 

Beyond Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard, Adobe Acrobat X Professional and some photo/video programs, I have not bought or signerd up for any other services...do I need to in order to use the capabilities of LiveCycle Designer?  I do not need the information formatted or collected.  If the form was simply emailed filled out in a PDF form, that would be more than adequate.

Former Community Member

Hi,

Let me try to clear up some of the confusion.  As Matt mentioned in an earlier post, In order to develop a "form" that will work on the mobile devices, you need to use LiveCycle Guilde Builder, which is a component of the LiveCycle Workbench development environment.  Support for XFA/PDF dynamic forms, which is what you are creating with LiveCycle Designer can be viewed using desktop Acrobat Reader/Pro products. and is a feature that we are investigating for Adobe Reader on Android but is not currently supported.  Right now you can deploy data capture experiences to mobile devices using Guides, which will also render appropriately for your screen size.  That is something that is harder to accomplish with PDF forms designed for (typically) US letter sized display.

Basically, your purchase of Acrobat and the included LiveCycle ES2 Designer based forms are viewable by desktop based Readers and not viewable on mobile devices at this time.  LiveCycle Designer is included for use in designing forms for data capture, but it's real power is when it's used in concert with the LiveCycle ES2 Server and associated suite of tools.  Typically enterprise organizations would buy a license of LiveCycle or ADEP server and a number of Acrobat Pro licences for individuals designing forms to be used in enterprise workflows.  All other users depending on what form capabilities were required would use the free Reader or Acrobat Pro.

The mobile clients were written to support our enterprise customers who are running a LiveCycle or ADEP Server in their organization.  The account screen you are referring to above for Android, is where you specify the organizations LiveCycle Server, and your userid and password of your account which would be configured by the server administrator.

If you're still interested in knowing more about the mobile clients you can learn more here http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/mobile/

I hope this helps,

Scott

Former Community Member

Hi Can you please explain how to create iPad application for LiveCycle.