• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded Flash not working for limited access users?

Nov 11, 2010 Nov 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Im currently having an issue with Flash 10.1 on a new student image im creating,

After testing the install of 10.1.122.64 this is the findings i made:-

As administrator i could run Mainstream Flash players such as BBC iplayer and youtube

As limited user i could also run mainstream flash players

As administrator i could run embedded flash videos

as limited user i could not run embedded flash videos

This is proving somewhat a big issue as the machines we have that cant run embedded flash videos some of them have Adobe Web design CS5 and they are unable to test their flash videos through IE8

Our current image uses Windows XP with IE8 and office 2010 amongst other things

if you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched and found that the new update does not work unless you are using an Admin account and have UAC turned off.  I followed their instructions and used a flash remover program, set my account type to Admin and turned UAC off.  I then downloaded flash and it worked OK then.  So I changed my account back to a regular account and turned UAC back on all so I could have safer surfing and flash stopped working again.  I am really disappointed with adobe about this.  There are a lot of sites that I used to go to that are basically worthless to me now.  Adobe obviously did not test the new upgrade very well.

Changing the settings does not help.  My settings were already allowing 3rd party flash anyways.  I did up the amount that was allowed to be stored to 1 meg, and still cannot access a lot of my favorite sites.  Below is a good example of a web site that is not viewable to me now any longer.  And just since I updated flash.  I do not want to have to surf with an Admin account.  It is not safe that way!

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/videos/home.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video link that you posted - can you see the original at the Youtube site http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oEhD6rZHgM ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all , thanks for your responses :-

Willenger - I have 3rd party flash content enabled already,

SOS - After checking the two video links youve both posted , the youtube one works, the embedded one SOS linked doesnt.

ive increased the amount allowed aswell to no avail.

thanks for your updates but no success so far, any other questions or details you need, give me a shout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can go to youtube.com and view the video clips there.  But many web sites (I guess with embedded flash) that I used to visit regularly, I cannot anymore.  Like the Dr Mercola web site.  None of the videos there work.  And I cannot link to youtube by clicking on the video.  There is just a rectangle where the video should be with a tiny square in the top left.  Clicking anywhere does nothing.  I uninstalled adobe again, set my account type to Admin and turned UAC off and re-installed flash and it worked fine just like before.  But as soon as I turned on UAC and reset my account to standard user, flash stopped working like it should.  I guess I am gonna try installing the previous version till adobe gets this problem worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try to install it another way:

• download the executable installer to disk
  • from the limited account (without disabling anything), right-click on the download and 'Run as Administrator'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working.  I cannot get either of the previous versions to work now.  The account that works is the main Admin account.  Even changing my other account to Admin and with the UAC off, flash still does not work properly.  It works perfect in the one account.

Maybe the last windows update is the culprit.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, so i tried to install it as the limited user with admin login, but this isnt possible as the limited user has had right click disabled

also not been able to install an old version either as that was my backup plan, we currently have 10.0.22.87 working with embedded flash on other machines, which seems a bit odd to be honest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines