Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Mac OSX v10.6.5: How's it working for you with Premiere Pro CS5?

Nov 13, 2010 11:55 AM

If you've installed Mac OSX v10.6.5, let us know how it's working for you.

Please make sure that you're using the most recent update for Premiere Pro CS5 before you report back. We don't want to waste our time disentangling problems that were actually fixed in Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) from issues that still exist.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2010 12:05 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

So, here is my experience:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/751458?tstart=0

Basically:

Premiere Pro does not want to play the timeline (or the source window) anymore.  Sometime it plays for 2 minutes, sometime for 2 seconde and then stops, but most of time, it wont play at all.

I can scroll over my timeline (no sound scrolling), but when I hit space bar (or clic on the play button) I can see the play button turning into a square (which mean it's now the stop button), but the timecodes doesn't run and the image doesn't play.

So I suggest people to not being stupid as I was and to wait before to update... And hope a solution to come soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2010 12:58 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

No problems so far.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2010 8:15 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

My workflow oftentimes requires me to record content to a DVD and then import the VOB file into PPro for further editing. Prior to upgrading tio 10.6.5 I have been able to do so with PPro CS5 and produce crisp video for web deployment. Since I upgraded to 10.6.5 VOB content from a re-writable DVD plays back with VERY poor image quality in the Program monitor and, in fact, renders out the same way. I had to use PPro CS 4 to render out a version from this same DVD for upload to a website that was the customary quality. Therfore, it was not an issue with the DVD-recorded content, rather the upgrade itself has negatively impacted my workflow.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2010 8:55 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I'm currently working on an AVCHD project which I started in 10.6.4 and have upgraded to 10.6.5 and have noticed no problems so far.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2010 5:47 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Just installed 10.6.5 last night.  Have been working on several projects with Premiere Pro CS5 updated to 5.0.2 for the last several days with Mercury Engine enable, no problems.  After the update, I cannot play any videos (it just hangs).

Tried

- Disabled Mercury: nope

- Uninstall/Reinstall: nope

- I also run Boot Camp on this computer and have Premiere Pro CS5 for Windows 7 as well.  Works fine on the same hardware.

In my syslog I do see something like: Adobe Premiere Pro CS5[3666]: invalid drawable

Unfortunately can't roll back to 10.6.4 to test.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)