Skip navigation
dbxpva
Currently Being Moderated

Component parameters not showing

Aug 2, 2010 6:36 PM

Hi - I have a series of components I've written in AS3 that work fine in CS3 & CS4. In the Flash CS5 authoring environment, the parameters are not visible in the Component Parameters section of the Property Inspector. The really strange thing is that if I create a .fla in CS4 with the same components on the stage, and then open that doc in Flash CS5, the parameters are visible and work.

Any ideas for how to fix this? What changed in CS5 to make them not work?

Notes:

• I've rebuilt the .swc files in CS5 - doesn't fix it
  • I created an .mxp file for the components and installed with Adobe Extension Manager CS5 - doesn't fix it
  • The standard components that come with CS5 work fine
  • My components work fine other than not being able to access the parameters

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

.phil

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 7, 2010 9:33 AM   in reply to dbxpva

I have the same problem. I install flash cs5 extension succesfully but i dont see in Components panel.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2010 9:02 AM   in reply to dbxpva

I have noticed a similar problem. A CS4 component's parameter structure changes when opened in CS5. It's very frustrating and makes any previous work useless.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2010 1:33 PM   in reply to dbxpva

I tried a simple solution of reverting the file back to CS4 but it inherited the same problem

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2010 2:17 PM   in reply to dbxpva

I am new to FLASH and just recently purchased FL CS5. and also purchased page-flip flash component. I followed the installation instruction and used CS5 extension manager to install the extension. In Extension Manager, it showed that the component is installed. However, it does NOT show up in the Component Window like the instruction stated.  From the extension support website, the extension works with CS3, CS4. But it didn't say if it works with CS5. Any one know how to find the installed component or how to fix this?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points