• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to invoke CFC - Invalid CFML construct found on line 1 at column 1

Nov 13, 2010 Nov 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I need HELP! Please, I build a Flex 3 Application using Flash Remoting using CF 8,

Apache and MS-SQL Server 2005, have been working fine for the last year, until Thursday when then hosting provider upgrade to CF 9.01:

Any time I try to access one of my components (CFC) I receive a this message:

“Unable to invoke CFC - Invalid CFML construct found on line 1 at column 1”

Above a simple example of one component, when I call from Flex,  I receive from Flex the same Error Message:

<cfcomponent output="false">
<cffunction name="testConnect" access="remote" returntype="string"output="false">   
    <cfset myResult="foo">
    <cfreturn myResult>
</cffunction>

</cfcomponent>

I really need your help…
best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What message do you get if you navigate to it via URL?

http://localhost/path/to/cfc/myComponent.cfc?method=testConnect

Though I don't recommend enabling Robust Exception on production (and your host may have it disabled) I believe with CF 9 you can set this.enableRobustException to true in order to get in-depth debug info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Aegis

But the components are fine they have been working for about a year.

If I use a CF template they return the data....

I made a test I copy the component INSIDE the same directory with swf (a test Flex App) but now the error is other:

RPC
Fault faultString="Channel disconnected"
faultCode="Client.Error.DeliveryInDoubt"
faultDetail="Channel disconnected before an acknowledgement was received"
]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you trying to call the method?

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 12Robots

I try it too, in my local machine everything works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 14, 2010 Nov 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this helps:

http://www.flexnedir.com/flex-ve-coldfusion-channel-connect-failed/

Has to do with modifying the cross-domain file.  I think after changing it, it'll require a restart of the CF App Server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Aegis Kleais,

It's in the application it's in the same directory. I never need it before. I create the file, but didn't work. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We had this same problem in our Production server.

We were using CFC's in our local machines and we were using wwwroot folder(coldfusion root)

In production, the path where they  host the application was different and they have set some virtual path to access the application.so the CFCs did not work.

I think, this might be due to the path problem.

Please check whether your local machine path directory is same as the PROD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi meensi,

It's a really good point, but I am very careful handle the different paths application from development server and the production server. The last update I made to de Flex application was July, 2009.

Here is the complete Flash Player error message:

Error [

FaultEvent fault=[

RPC Fault faultString="Unable to invoke CFC - Invalid CFML construct found on line 1 at column 1."

faultCode="Server.Processing"

faultDetail="ColdFusion was looking at the following text:<p>&lt;</p><p>The CFML compiler was processing:<ul>&lt; marks the beginning of a ColdFusion tag.Did you mean LT or LTE?</ul>"]

messageId="31AFDC49-9B09-7D05-DB3F-3E744CD2DD02"

type="fault"

bubbles=false

cancelable=true

eventPhase=2]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably, sounds weird;  are you having the first statement as CFCOMPONENT tag right??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an Application.cfc upstream from the CFC you're invoking, and does that have an onRequest() method in it?

Or... if your production server CFMX7 and your dev environment CF8+, and you're using the new < comparison operator somewhere?

Is there anything in the CF or JRun logs that clarify matters from a CF POV?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Adam, you were so close to the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ALL!!!

I really appreciate your post.

The Flex Application it's working fine, thanks to ColdFusion Jedi Raymond, and João Fernandes.

I made a couple of thinks:

The update of my Flex 3 SDK to version 3.5 this was a really help, for CF9 works best with the new LCDS that came included.

I done this because João If you are using LCDS with ColdFusion 9, then the Flash Remoting works on LCDS 2.6.1.

Then I create a vacuum Application.cfm in the directory where all the components of the Web site.

This was the solution was the error it's gone.

Maybe will help some in the future.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting this here not to help the original poster but for others who may have landed here searching on "Invalid CFML construct found on line1 at column 1." I got that message on the Application.cfc file of an old app I thought I had lost but found in my subversion account. It turned out I had misnamed it with the .cfm extension. I renamed to Appliction.cfc and the error went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is almost eight years late, but THANK YOU (cf_jokeefe). I'm just learning coldfusion and could not figure out what was going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation