Skip navigation
Pete the Feet
Currently Being Moderated

Problems publishing to Facebook and Flickr

Nov 17, 2010 6:44 AM

I have been happily publishing collections to Flickr and Facebook since lightroom 3 came out and recently they have both stopped working. I think the problems happened after I changed the structure of  some of my keywords.

From memory, I had two keywords "baby" and "baby photos" and wanted to merge them. I selected all photos with keyword "baby photos" and dragged them to the "baby" keyword and then deleted "baby photos" from the keyword list.

Now I get the follwoing problems

Facebook

I get "failed to retrieve item info"  error

It seems to always add the first photo on the list to Facebook, despite of the error. And it does it multiple times (multiple copies in Facebook) if I try to publish multiple times...

Flickr

"An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index field '_dataChanges' (a nil value)"  error

Same situation as facebook, first photo is published but not the rest, photos remain in  "New Photos to Publish"

I have commented on two individual posts by people who were having similar problems but I thought it may help if I explained that I was having problems with both Flickr and Facebook and how, I think, the error came about.

Should I report this as a bug?

Any ideas for a work around?

Thank you

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Nov 22, 2010 1:09 PM   in reply to Pete the Feet

Aaaaaw, Pete, are you talking to yourself?

FWIW, I haven't heard of anyone else with the same problem, but I know that's no help to you.

Is it the same photos every time that are seeing the problem?

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Nov 23, 2010 3:46 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet

I couldn't leave you talking to yourself!

You could well be right Pete.  Why not try a temporary 'test' catalog and see if that uploads ok.  Other thing I'd try, just for the sake of investigation, would be to move the preferences file so it rebuilds a new one, just in case that solves it for you (and if it doesn't, you can put the old one back again).

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 28, 2010 2:08 PM   in reply to Pete the Feet

I have had the same problem the last three days. I have

not found an answer yet

I get "could not get album info from facebook" on any picture I try to upload from the publish button.

I can upload a picture on my hard drive from facebook.

When I try to use the publish button it looks like Lightroom is starting ok.

No idea where the problem lies.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2010 12:13 PM   in reply to vrlove

I'm having the same problem.

Error log:

This plug-in’s post-processing task did not finish successfully.

Failed to retrieve item info.

Would it be useful to send the error log somewhere as feedback?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2010 1:31 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet

I'm having the same facebook problem,

It seems to be stuck trying to update one photo in particular, and will no longer add more images to the album.

I deleted the service, and added it back, It did let me publish a new image, but still gave me the same "Could not retrieve file info" message.

I already have an export preset for my Facebook fan page (since the  publish service doesn't work with fan pages) so I have a work around in place... but I really miss the convenience of just dragging and dropping...

Any help would be appreciated!

oh...

my Flickr is working fine....

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2010 3:37 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet

I have the same Problem

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2010 2:53 AM   in reply to RichMeade

Same problem here.

Trying to get it to work for two days. No joy.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2010 3:20 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet

Hi Pete,

You can fill in a Bug Report Form for Adobe here;

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2010 3:51 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet

Anyone know what Facebook uses to upload photographs?

If it's an FTP derivative, it may be because FTP does a reverse connect to the originator which would (probably) be blocked by a firewall or DSL router.

Just seems strange that something as commonly used as this plug-in got through testing like this. My guess therefore would be that it's environmental.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2010 6:52 PM   in reply to Pete the Feet

I have the same problem. So unimpressed that Lightroom can't sort this out. I was glad to stop using iPhoto - which handled this export to Facebook perfectly - but it's never worked for me in Lightroom. So frustrating. I had to upload them from withing FB by manually finding them on my HD.

Hopefully it's  a fixable bug or someone smarter then me figures out a workaround.

Definetely not alone Pete!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2010 6:37 AM   in reply to Lindawheeze

The FB API is not FTP.  It is their own upload method that is a REST multi-part upload over HTTP.

The problem here is that the upload works for one photo, but then fails getting the info back to Lr, which bails the whole operation out.

Now, the FB, Flickr service plugins are freely available to look at, so someone just needs to take the time to debug into it and find out where the communication is breaking down. Adobe is clearly shipping these more as proofs of concept, which is understandable from an enterprise dev standpoint -- when you have a public API it ends up being a full-time job for people to maintain the various examples. And those man-hours are just needed elsewhere.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2010 3:21 PM   in reply to Pete the Feet

Lightroom 3.3

Facebook Plugin 3.3.0.711369

Windows 7 64bits

Everything worked fine for me untill I updated to LR 3.3 and nothing has been changed in my LAN so therefore it is not a environmental error like it has been suggested. Something is definately screwed up.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2010 1:34 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet

Having identical issue with LR3.3 on Win7 64bit. Also filed a bug report.

Anyone find a work-around yet?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2010 8:04 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet

My 2 Cents, having the exact same issues, and spent, a few hours last night, trying to figure this out, which lead me here to the forum, glad I'm not the only one. This is a nice feature, and hope that it gets fixed in a future release.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2010 8:09 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet

I removed authorization from

my facebood connection on lightroom

and then set up a new one. It worked....so far.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2011 7:59 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet

I'm having the same problem.  One day it worked fine, then all of a sudden it didn't work.  I don't know if it was before or after any updates.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2011 8:05 AM   in reply to vrlove

I tried this and it uploaded one photo, then started putting out errors, "Can't update the collection," and can't retrieve information or something like that.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2011 2:58 PM   in reply to maranate

I finally removed the old one and started again. That seems to have worked

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2011 5:03 PM   in reply to vrlove

How did that affect the albums that you had previously published with Lightroom?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2011 8:52 AM   in reply to maranate

To be honest, I don't really remember if they affected the facebook folders. I don't think so. Whenever I'm going to upload a large bunch of images now, I export them to a folder on the c drive, upload them from facebook, then delete the folder.

Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 18:04:21 -0700

To: easywalker_446@msn.com

Subject: Re: Problems publishing to Facebook and Flickr Problems publishing to Facebook and Flickr

How did that affect the albums that you had previously published with Lightroom?

>

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2011 7:12 PM   in reply to Pete the Feet

I am also having this problem with Facebook.  Right now Flickr is fine though.  Very annoying!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2011 3:13 AM   in reply to Pete the Feet

I have problems publishing to Facebook only. Get a "Failed to retrieve item info" error and only 1 pic gets uploaded.

I'm using Win 7 x64 and LR 3.3.

This has been going on since Sep-Oct 2010. Almost 6 months and not only no fix, but no official response from Adobe, as if nothing was affecting it's huge user base... can someone there take responsibility please and help all of us?

Thanks

3-11-2011 7-47-39 AM.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2011 3:18 PM   in reply to newyuppie

Any idea on how or where to submit a bug report?  I am having the hardest time finding this on Adobe's site.  Every option that I found relating to bugs has nothing to do with software bugs, but rather with installation or licensing...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2011 3:34 PM   in reply to vrlove

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2011 3:38 PM   in reply to MadSoilScientist

I've just submitted a bug report and referenced this forum.  Let's hope it gets fixed ASAP!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2011 11:03 AM   in reply to vrlove

I have the same problem.  When I try to create a new album on Facebook using Lightroom 3.3, LIghtroom gives an error indicating it can't get album info from Facebook.  The odd thing is if I go to Facebook, the album was created. This was working fine and then it just stopped working.  I have re-authorized and I have deleted the entire Facebook publish service.  I can upload from the hard drive using Facebook uploader, but not with Lightroom.  I can still upload to Flickr using LIghtroom though. 

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2011 4:01 PM   in reply to Pete the Feet

Was anyone able to get this fixed?  I've read through everything and it doesn't seem like there is an answer.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2011 4:04 PM   in reply to *milly*

there is no apparent answer yet...

-- Pablo

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2011 4:10 PM   in reply to *milly*

Try removing the authorization from Lightroom, and starting over. That worked for me eventually.

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 17:02:44 -0600

To: easywalker_446@msn.com

Subject: Re: Problems publishing to Facebook and Flickr Problems publishing to Facebook and Flickr

Was anyone able to get this fixed?  I've read through everything and it doesn't seem like there is an answer.

>

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points