• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash shows green screen when playing videos

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2010 Jun 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed 10.1 today and any time I play a flash video on hulu on youtube all it shows is a green screen, the sound works fine. I'm using firefox and windows 7 x64, video card is an ATI 4870. If i disable hardware acceleration it works but the video stutters a bit (not surprising), I was under the impression that with 10.1 hardware acceleration would work now.

I have the 10.2 version of ATI Catalyst drivers installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Ok it's been a year and a half and I figured out why I was having problems now, I had to replace my motherboard for unrelated issues and when I did that Flash started working normally, I didn't reinstall windows when I did that so it must have been that. I think there may have been a voltage issue accross the PCI-e slot as I was having some other video issues at the end as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the following thread may be helpful to you:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2706243#2706243

Hope it helps.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just installed the new version today, so the beta patch they mention wont help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I should have read the entire thread. Well that doesn't sound good, if the beta was the fix, and now you have Installed the final release and have the green screen. Hmmmm.

Someone today had that issue and there was a response and it wasn't the beta. Ok, I found it. This user had a flashing green screen, but take a look.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/657387?tstart=0

If this is a common issue, then we'll be receiving more threads and hopefully have a solution. I have never seen that, so don't have anything to suggest.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is displaying on a 22" monitor at high rez, not much there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well so much for that. So back to square one. Do you think this is due to the 10.1? Did you ever experience this with the 10.0.45.2 version? I would just guess no. Until today I had not heard of anything like you describe nor those other threads.

You do have the Shockwave Flash Object Enabled in the IE add ons don't you? Check all add ons for it.

Then using FF, find the plug-in SWF and it should be Enabled as well.

Then you can also use this Adobe test site, first Using IE, then Using FF:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2010 Nov 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VERY Simple Solution.

When it plays in Green.

Right Click on the video

Uncheck Hardware Acceleration

Refresh Window

Problem solved.

[sig deleted by host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking harware accleration worked for me, Thanks Ed.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that helped Jay. I had to do it in both my firefox browser and internet explorer browser. After that I haven't had to do anything since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, the browser hung on the 'green screen', so there was no ability to right-click in the video area to disable hardware acceleration.  There's no option to disable hardward acceleration prior to playing the video.  This problem occurred with all latest version of all browser and standalone flash players (i.e. Sothink FLV player).  The only way I was able to disable hardware acceleration was to go to this site: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/839/cpsid_83952.html and then right-click on the Flash logo block.

Flash and ATI's Catalyst drivers used to work and play well together, but obviously, that's no longer the case.  After today's announcement from Adobe (conceding defeat of Flash to Apple/HTML5), it's probably hopeless to think that any more resources will be devoted to fix any more problems with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

danno33 wrote:

Flash and ATI's Catalyst drivers used to work...

You may need to update the drivers for your display adapter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I had already updated the Catalyst driver to the latest version with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2011 Dec 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix is however simple and its not ur catalyst driver or adobe. While you are on a video page, right click anywhere inside the Flash Player and choose settings. Now click the first tab that says Display (look for the monitor icon) and uncheck “Enable Hardware Acceleration.” Then hit F5 or refresh..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2011 Dec 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read my 11/9 message above - there's no option to right-click inside the Flash Player because the browser (all of them FF, IE, Chrome) has locked up and hung.  I just downloaded and installed another update to the Catalyst driver and the problem still exists, so I still believe it's the Catalyst driver that's to blame.  I've reported the problem to ATI/AMD, but since it's been at least 6 weeks without a response or fix, I assume that they've ignored it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2012 Feb 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man! Unchecking the hardware acceleration works for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! Ur welcome

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for anyone else with nothing above working for you like me.....

i had to go into Global Settings >>  Advanced Tab >>  Delete All browsing settings and data.

refresh site page.

working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok it's been a year and a half and I figured out why I was having problems now, I had to replace my motherboard for unrelated issues and when I did that Flash started working normally, I didn't reinstall windows when I did that so it must have been that. I think there may have been a voltage issue accross the PCI-e slot as I was having some other video issues at the end as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines