Skip navigation
FMS_learner
Currently Being Moderated

Is it possible to send the TV channel feed by using live encoder??

Nov 23, 2010 7:34 AM

Hi all,

I am planning to stream one of my favorite TV channel on my web.I got permissions too to stream on my page,but whats my doubt is..

1)How to send feed to my server from  TV channel  by using live encoder?

2)I think third party tool should be use for converting the TV signals into digital is it right??

Please give me proper inputs or procedure for streaming TV channel into webcasting

As iam very new to this concept plz excuse me if any thing sounds wrong.......

Thanks in Advance

Plz help me out..

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2010 10:12 PM   in reply to FMS_learner

If you have a settop box which can give uncompressed Video signals(not in MPEG2/MPEG4 format), can give Video in Compsite/Component channels and Audio in Unbalanced channels then you can give these signals to any of Viewcast cards which are certified to be used with FMLE like Osprey 560, 530,240,450e etc.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2010 6:35 AM   in reply to FMS_learner

you can take any capture card that can accept Video in RAW format(Uncompressed Video). it is required to convert analog TV signal from a settop box in Digital signal that computer can take.

you can use TV tuner capture card but that card should also give Video signal in RAW Uncompressed Audio and Video format. in this case you will not require any another capture card. i guess Hauppauge and Pinnacle has some variety of cards but please make sure that they can give output in RAW Uncompressed format.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2010 5:43 AM   in reply to FMS_learner

best solution for you is to get any Set Top Box like Tata Sky, Airtel.

These  set top box will give you Unbalanced Audio and Video format ports  somewhat similar to DVD players (Red, White and Yellow/RCA) port.

Using these ports you can give the Set top box signal to any analog capture card.

FMLE is tested with Viewcast cards. you can get its details from

http://www.viewcast.com/products/osprey-cards

Osprey 100 is on cheaper side and is tested with FMLE

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2010 6:50 AM   in reply to FMS_learner

Any analog tv tuner card should work.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2010 6:51 AM   in reply to FMS_learner

We have observed issues in that card which lead to audio and Video out of sync after few hours.

This card is certified from FMLE side but drivers had issues. So i will not recommend that card. Dont know about their updated drivers but at that moment of time they Pinnacle has said specifically that their cards are meant to be work with their own softare. they dont guarantee its working with any other software.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2010 6:55 AM   in reply to FMS_learner

How are you taking the TV feed? Are you using a Set-top box? If yes, then STB must be having analog outputs (RCA/composite, s-video). Simply, get a capture card that has same (composite/s-video) inputs and connect the cable from your STB to that card installed on the machine running FMLE.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2014 3:09 AM   in reply to fmeuser

With this way can i Steam multiple tv channels?

if yes then please give steps to do so.

Thanks in advance

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points