Skip navigation
aanti
Currently Being Moderated

Generate menu and Pitch bender (process) is completely missing

Nov 9, 2010 10:24 AM

My question to Audition dev team is do you plan to implement these functionalities in the final version of Audition for Mac?

In my opininon these features were very useful in sound design.

Regards,

Gabor from Hungary

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 9, 2010 10:51 AM   in reply to aanti

Hello Gabor,

Unfortunately, these were two features which we did not have time to complete for this release.  While most of our customers did not use these very much, and thus they were prioritized rather low, I can assure you that the development team loves these features and intends to see them back in the application at the first opportunity.  In the meantime, there are some VSTs that can accomplish much of the same functionality, and we do intend to include a generous selection of generated tones, sweeps, and noise in the collection of sound effects that will be available in the final product.

I'll add your name to the feature request for these two features.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 9, 2010 6:34 PM   in reply to _durin_

Me too, i use this tool all the time

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 9, 2010 8:31 PM   in reply to aanti

Yes, I am also sorely missing the Generate menu.  I am beyond excited to finally have Audition for Mac, but without all the features, it's difficult, difficult, lemon difficult not to climb the mountain of conflict.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2010 6:35 AM   in reply to aanti

Another me too

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2010 6:45 AM   in reply to MarkPAman

I have to say another vote for in concerning the pitch processors, along with some sort of stereo/multichannel field processors/controls.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2010 8:43 PM   in reply to aanti

Add my vote for pitch bender, please! Generate is useful too.

I don't know how it was determined that pitch bender wasn't used much. Everyone i know uses it. Setting the pitch bend to a straight line and changing the semitones produced the best sounding and quickest pitch shift. This is the greatest feature I missed when I switched to os x.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2010 10:51 PM   in reply to jonah_s

Thanks for the feedback, I can assure you that it does matter and helps.

We have these (pitch bender, stereo processing and the generators) in our development backlog and your support for them helps us prioritize.

Thanks!

Colin S.

Sr. Program Manager - Audio

Adobe Systems, Inc

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2010 2:14 PM   in reply to aanti

I'm not entirely up to date since I've been using 1.5 for the past years so I'm very relieved to see I'm not the only one to miss these! The generate menu and pitch bender are some of the features I use most! I was very excited to see Audition finally make it to mac but this certainly puts a bit of a damper on.

Off less inportance but still a shame not to see them here are the dynamic eq and the scientific filters.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2010 9:06 AM   in reply to aanti

Pitch bender is an extremely useful tool for broadcasters in order to disguise the voices of people who need to remain anonymous.

It's simple and quick to use. Please don't lose it!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2010 9:49 AM   in reply to aanti

+1 for pitch bender and generate functions

btw thanks so much adobe for doing this. today has been one of the happiest days of my life! no more windows!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2010 3:49 AM   in reply to aanti

Audition is great but better with generate menu

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2010 4:49 PM   in reply to ciusco

another +1 for pitch bender and generate. graphical pitch bender was a very quick way to play with an audio file to create new sounds, to get things to sound different, or a good way to demo a finalized mix to see how it sounded when shifted into a different frequency range.  speeding up a sound for instance, could reveal low frequency reverb trails that might be hard to hear otherwise.  additionally the graphical feature allowed one to emulate vinyl scratch manipulations and aggressive pitch transients/massive pitch drops.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2010 8:37 AM   in reply to aanti

Just noticed this missing feature in the last couple days and went online to add my two cents but I see that others have already done so. Add my name to the growing list of others who would like this feature included back in the application. Thank you!

-Katharine

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2010 9:11 AM   in reply to Sleepykat18

Yup, I went to use this on my current piece and it was not there. (I searched for far too long as I was certain it would be there as it has been there since CE96)

Add another mark to the Generate menu (oh, and the items held within).

The comment made above that the users rarely use this... Where did that come from.

I was part of an Adobe focus study about a year ago and it involved Audition. There was no question about this. Knowing how much I use it personally and seeing how many folks also use it, I do not understand why such a statement would be made. Unless you ask a wide body of users (Not the folks who are on the development team) I am sure that this would not be the response. Now having not personally run a poll either... I could be wrong. ;-)

I used generate noise for everything from crou\wd noise to roller coaster SFX. The tones have been used in countless promos for all sorts of stuff. Generate silence...                                                        And that's all I am gwanna say about that.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2010 1:18 PM   in reply to aanti

Another user of the 'Generate' menu.

Specifically, I use the "Generate Tones" feature VERY frequently in my work. The Modulate/Demodulate, DC-Offset and Oscillator functions give users the ability to generate their own ring modulation effects or tone sweeps.

I must admit that I am baffled at the amount of "cuts" that Audition has for the Mac version. I can't imagine these 'cuts' would be a benefit for users who upgrade from the Windows side of things - yet at the same time giving Mac users less than what the WIndows users had to begin with (with either a prior or current version)?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2010 4:21 PM   in reply to jeremiahsypult

I would like to note that these features are not gone forever from Audition. As much as it pains us, we simply did not have the luxury of more time to complete many of these things (hence the prioritization) and while that doesn't get you gen tones or pitch bender now, it should be worth knowing that we value those effects as much as anyone.

These are high on our list, even if they don't make this release.

Regards,

Colin

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2011 10:12 AM   in reply to aanti

Generate tone (sine waves) and a pitch bend envelope is a must for drum kick production! Adobe is my favorite daw. But without these two features, I might aswell stay with logic

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2011 9:41 AM   in reply to aanti

These are on our to do list and are not forgotten nor will be gone forever...there's a few posts here by Durin, myself and others on the team about the general direction of Audition which speak in more general terms about features which didn't make it and why.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points