Exit

Cannot install Flash Player using Internet explorer

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click Dowload for Adobe Flash Player I get a new windo

w that shows 4 steps that might occur during

the download.  I get none of them, so I don't know what to do.  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you are talking about.  Download the installer from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html then close all browser windows and run the downloaded installer.

If you need more help, give us some information, e.g. your operating system & version, and web browser & version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7, Internet Explorer 8. Here is what is happening: Click on Install Adobe Flash Player, A screen appears that says, "Depending on your security setting, you may encounter these steps: Steps 1,2,3,4." Once I get to that spot there are no further things to click on. None of the steps appear. What do I do from there??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea how you get that; certainly not if you follow the instructions I posted earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2010 Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your really not very helpful are you. Do you dispute what I see on my screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ernstbandit wrote:

Your really not very helpful are you.  Do you dispute what I see on my screen?

Can you show me a screenshot of what you see?

When I click on the installer download (depending on my browser settings) it will either download the installer to the designated download folder, or it will prompt me for a download location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will show you what I see.. the first page looks like this

adobe1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then it goes to this which is where it stays.. oh at the top it asks for permission to download or whatever it says and I say yes then it blinks but stays on this page

adobe2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a few times it went past the screen above and started the download but as soon as it finishes I get this screen

adobe.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

both my kids have tried the same and got the same ending I got.. nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I bother to post download instructions (http://forums.adobe.com/message/3312162#3312162) when nobody follows them...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. I didn't mean to sound rude in my previous post.  I cannot fix the Adobe download manager when it does not work; all I can do is show you an alternate way to install Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did follow the instructions you gave but had already tried it earlier.. I also have followed the instructions on the adobe site

. I do have experience with computers and usually can figure out what is wrong.. I was just trying to figure out how many people are having problems and if adobe is aware of it or just ignoring it. I refuse to pay for help.. Is there other flash players that can beinstalled.. I do my paying bills online and unfortunatly a lot of the places use flash and now I cant pay the bills..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2010 Dec 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you downloaded the installer from the distribution site, did you get any errors when running the executable installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the installer about 10 times

and when running it, i got always the message :

Canno't install Flash Player without any comment.

I run Internet Explorer 7 because Internet Explorer 8

freezes my PC. Maybe Internet Explorer 7 is

incompatible with the last versdion of Adobe Flash

Player (10.1.102.64) ?

I recall my hardware configuration

Processor AMD Athlon (64x2) dualcore, 2,1 GHz

Motherboard Asus M2V-MXC SE

RAM : 4 Go

13 Go free memory on C: system disk

Operating system ; Windows XP SP3

Thank you for your help

Message du 04/12/10 10:08

De : "ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ"

A : "Jean FREYCHE"

Copie à :

Objet : Cannot install Flash Player using Internet explorer

So when you downloaded the installer from the distribution site, did you get any errors when running the executable installer?

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I use the installer from the execution site it goes through the installation and then says it is installed but it is not.. I give up caz I am going to just restore my whole puter..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send this collection of email images of the screens to the guy with

the upside-down name. He has asked me for it but I don't know how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure he saw them here.. what makes me mad is there is no way to

complain to adobe unless you pay and I cant figure out of there is other flash players to use..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have now four different posters in this topic (ernstbandit, Jeanlebon 09, deb0630, savi60), one of it having a completely different problem than the others.  I will now reply to each of you separately.

ernstbandit: did youat least try to follow the instructions in my initial reply http://forums.adobe.com/message/3312162#3312162 ?  What happens when you run the executable installer?

Jeanlebon 09: your problem is completely different from the other posters here; please start your own topic.

deb0630: can you see the Flash animation at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?  What is your Windows version (32-bit or 64-bit)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2010 Dec 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I joined this thread because I had the same problem to ernstbandit as per the original post in this thread.

I was also having the problem on the Adobe download page that ernstbandit described in a later post "Depending on your security setting, you may encounter these steps: Steps 1,2,3,4."  Once I get to that spot there are no further things to click on.  None of the steps appear".  Exactly my problem.

I turned off my AV (Latest Norton) as instructed by Adobe message.

I'm confident that the download issue has nothing to do with the Flash program.   The download issue is a problem trying to initiate a download from the Adobe site http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ using IE8.   The download breaks before the download starts.  This is only an IE8 issue.   My Firefox and Chrome can download.

The link http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html downloads and installs from IE8.  But my Flash still hangs (after reboot).

My 2nd problem (and why I was trying to download) was that Flash was hanging in IE8

To get mine working I had to:
Uninstall Flash Player (both Plugin And Active X)
Re install from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html using IE8

This then worked in IE8 but not in Firefox.

I then installed againg from Firefox using http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

To get it working in multiple browsers looks like you need to do IE8 first.   And this may have been my original problem.   As I normally use Firefox I probably initially loaded the upgrade from Firefox.

Why are you asked about your OS and browser when you download Flash?
Why are there 2 choices for Browser IE8 and Other?
And does this mean that Flash may not work if you run multiple browsers?

To the others I would suggest if IE8 is giving you grief try Firefox, I had used IE4, IE5, IE6 and IE7 but have found perfomance of IE8 on my aging and overloaded laptop dire.

I only keep IE8 as my default browser because Automatic Windows Updates don't work if IE is not your default browser.

32bit XP Pro on a 1.7GHz dell with 2GB RAM.   C drive recently restored from a Ghost and almost certainly Virus Free.  Running Norton NIS v18.1.0.37

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2010 Dec 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I did 3 system restores and each time I tried to use flash it

disappeared and now it went again I found this download.. It is for Flash

Beta 10.2 http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html .. I hope this

posts to you all who need the help and I hope this helps.. I guess I was

banned for not making my own thread yesterday and being scolded for it..

well this helped my problem.. I knew it was the flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i got the previous messages, i never got this one.

Only : canno't install Adobe Flash Player without

anymore comment

Message du 04/12/10 05:55

De : "deb0630"

A : "Jean FREYCHE"

Copie à :

Objet : Cannot install Flash Player using Internet explorer

a few times it went past the screen above and started the download but as soon as it finishes I get this screen

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/50005/adobe.JPG

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got that sometimes but I do not remember how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactlythe screen I see. I cannot maneuver away from it. That is

wwhere I am hung up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this page too. Then I click download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines