• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Localized Text?

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to localize text in a project. I export the project captions through the export menu, change the text in the .doc file, and then try to import the .doc file through the Import menu. I get a processing bar that says the import is happening, but when it reaches 100% I get no confirmation and the text is not imported. I thought I was following the directions in the help section perfectly, but it is not working properly.

I am using Captivate5 on a Windows 7 machine.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Is it possible for you to share the Exported word document with us so that we can investigate the issue on our end. Please send the file to nsukumar@adobe.com

Thanks,

nsukumar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2010 Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exported document contains proprietary information and therefore cannot be shared. What are possible issues that could be occuring with the Word document so that I can investigate myself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is the Word application closed when you import the document? I'm using Word 2010 (64-bit) and learnt by trial and error that you better close the MS application before trying to import into CP.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that might be the problem, but closing Word first did not help. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And did you try to save to 'doc' instead of 'docx" format?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I thought that might be the problem as well, but it automatically downloaded and saved as a .doc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2010 Dec 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When a caption contains something in the left column (Original Text Caption Data), but not in the right column (Updated Text Caption Data) or nothing in the left and right column, Captivate 5 just quits out of the Import process

You can get around this by typing some dummy characters in the empty field (Updated Text Caption Data) and import; and after importing you can delete the dummy characters from the captions .

Thanks,

nsukumar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok.  Nsukumar is right and let me tell you this is a serious bug.  I had to place infomation into every blank on the left and right just to get this thing to update.  There were some items that I purposely left blank.

Wow what a hassle.

Thanks. nsukumar.

MC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources