• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free plugins for Premiere Pro?

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2010 Dec 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching for months on end trying to find decent plugins for Premiere Pro CS. This is the only place that is near appropriate as far as I know to post this. If you have a repository or if there is a site of working plugins that are free for Premiere Pro please share the links, thankyou.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2010 Dec 06, 2010

Hi LoopStan,

As Bill said, there is an SDK for Premiere Pro, with many different plug-in types.  But for effects plug-ins in particular, you'll see in the Premiere Pro SDK that it is recommended to use the After Effects SDK for cross-product compatibility with both Premiere Pro and After Effects.  So if it's effects plug-ins you're interested in, you can grab the AE SDK here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/aftereffects.html

And the AE SDK forum is here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/aftereffects_general_discussion/aftereffects_sdk

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since PPro5 is brand new (new code to make it 64bit) that means everything has to be rewritten to work

You might ask in http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/premierepro_current/sdk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So none of them will work? or are there ones that are able to work on older versions of it but still compatible with CS5? Because I found one package with like 5 effects and it worked. I just read that some after effects plugins are also compatible with premiere so i'll try that also. I'm just aiming it build up a collection of plugins since I'm an effects man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you may want to break out the wallet.  Most anything worth having will cost you money.

Red Giant in particular have quite a few plug-ins that are well worth paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would break out the wallet if I had money! I got premiere pro cs5 as a gift from my uncle. Well, thanks for your replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you call "decent plug-ins"?

What are you looking for in particular that you cant do with PPRO CS5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, specifically I was looking for ways to motion track. I looked at Icarus and VooDoo but couldn't find any way to get the data from them back into PPCS5.  But besides that, by decent i mean not things like "change the brightness" or "fade transition" because it already has things that do those. The very little that I have found, they are all useless. I'm looking into pricing stuff for boris FX, I might save up for it even though it seems way expensive, for a indie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not $pring for AEFX?

Combination of PPRO and AEFX should suffice for most things Indie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2010 Dec 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking into that also. I am thinking about getting a student version since I use it for school. I guess that will have to wait though until I can get some money. What else can a 15 year old do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What else can a 15 year old do

Be real nice to your uncle.

BTW: if I was your uncle..I would tell you to learn to  "walk before you learn to run"

You have heaps to learn in PPRO before you need AEFX or any plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I've had premiere for some time now, so I got my way around I'm just looking into expanding. But yes, I will have to be extra nice to my uncle xD. Thanks for the help and information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2010 Dec 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Here are a few free plug-ins for Premiere Pro CS5:

Red Giant Quick Looks Limited - http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/downloads/quick-looks-limited/

Cartoonr  from NewBlueFX - http://www.newbluefx.com/

Sometimes  BorisFX gives away single effects as Continuum Units.  You can subscribe to their newsletter to be notified when any become available.

For  Mac only, Omino Suite - http://omino.com/pixelblog/omino-ae-plugins/ - These have only been tested with AE as far as I know.  So your mileage may  vary in PPro.

Cheers,

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Thank you very much! I've started looking into the premiere pro apis for making plugins since i'm a programmer as well. Hopefully I can start to contribute to the community with plugins. Wish me luck, haha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd start with the PrPro SDK, and also look in on that FORUM. Lot of interesting work being done out there.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LoopStan,

As Bill said, there is an SDK for Premiere Pro, with many different plug-in types.  But for effects plug-ins in particular, you'll see in the Premiere Pro SDK that it is recommended to use the After Effects SDK for cross-product compatibility with both Premiere Pro and After Effects.  So if it's effects plug-ins you're interested in, you can grab the AE SDK here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/aftereffects.html

And the AE SDK forum is here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/aftereffects_general_discussion/aftereffects_sdk  That forum covers using the AE SDK to build plug-ins for both AE and PPro.

Enjoy,

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zac,

Good point, and one that I missed.

Thanks for that comment,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! I've got everything sorta, just having some trouble opening the samples in visual studio, i'll figure it out though. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz -

Does AEFX have an English website?  All I'm getting is espanol ? This is via AEFX.COM

No bueno.

expeditionwest.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the AfterEffects English Forum, try HERE.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines