Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Lightroom Serial Number?

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue I'm trying to resolve.

An idiot friend of mine helped me get a good deal on Lightroom and I found out a few months later I was sold pirated software [I tried to add a plug-in and it alerted me then that my serial was a common fake]. I can't update because obviously Adobe has blocked the pirated serial, which is fine.

I bought a brand new version of lightroom on Amazon, got it in the mail today but I can't figure out how to change it. Is there a way to change the serial or uninstall/reinstall with the good software?

I'm a Mac user and I was told to simply drag the program to the trash, delete and reinstall, that's not working. I'm still stuck on the fake serial.

Anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Try removing all of the Lightroom entries in your User Preferences folder. Also, remove the Lightroom X registration  the Users/~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/ LIghtroom folder.

Note you may have to make all files visible in the UI as some will be hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing all of the Lightroom entries in your User Preferences folder. Also, remove the Lightroom X registration  the Users/~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/ LIghtroom folder.

Note you may have to make all files visible in the UI as some will be hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem with Lightroom 4. I purchased a serial number and had to ask for the refund, because I thought I made a mistake.

Now I have bought it again, since it was alright. However at the time of the first purchase I used the serial key they sent to me.

I can't find the paths you describe, are they for Mac users? I am on PC, what shoud I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serial number for a PC (Win 7) is in: Windows/Program Data/Adobe/Lightroom. The Preferences etc are in  (Your user name)/Appdata(this is hidden by default)/Roaming/Adobe/Lightroom.

If the Appdata folder is hidden go to Folder Options in Control Panel. In the view tab, check Show hidden files, folders and drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the preferences file and then

* Users//Library/Preferences ; search for files and folders with Lightroom in the name.     * Library/Application Support/Adobe; search for files and folders with Lightroom in the name.Delete all these. Hopefully you can then do a clean reinstall of the legitimate copy.

I see Ian beat me too it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick, especially getting the registration file. Thank you guys so much, I got my error fixed and I even got to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same kind of issue... taken stock of my proper legit version of Lightroom 4 today and went through the above - I deleted all files I could find referencing Lightroom 4 (there were two in Preferences and the Application Support folder). I searched hidden files for anything with lightroom in the filename and couldn't find anything. I deleted the application and installed the new one, but it still won't prompt me for the serial number.

Any ideas, guys? Is there somewhere in particular I need to look for the registration information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2013 Dec 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try looking at this site:

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/preference-file-locations-lightroom-41.html#main_File_locations_...

You need to delete the file at:

/Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Lightroom 5.0 Registration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2013 Dec 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is over one year old, why did you post???

JuanBretti wrote:

Try looking at this site:

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/preference-file-locations-lightroo m-41.html#main_File_locations...

You need to delete the file at:

/Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Lightroom 5.0 Registration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines