Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Transcoding process suggestions

Dec 15, 2010 6:47 AM

My projects are ballet performances, typically 30 to 70 minutes, and I have several such sequences in a project.  When I use certain plugins in Premiere Pro (Neat noise reduction and Color Finesse), and use Adobe Dynamic Link in Encore CS5, the transcoding time is very long, typically days.The build progress box shows inadequate information.  All it shows is that it is transcoding a Premiere Pro project, but nothing else.  In my opinion, it should show:

* which sequences have been transcoded

* which sequence is currently being transcoded

* which sequences remain to be transcoded

* estimated time for total transcoding, or for at least the current sequence.

Alternatively, the build progress box should have a PAUSE button to let me look at the project panel and determine that way which sequences have been transcoded.

The reason for these suggestions is that sometime, because of other work priorities, I need to stop Encore.  But I never know if waiting a few more minutes or even a couple of hours would have allows a particular sequence to finish being transcoded. Stopping arbitrarily can cause a significant waste of time.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 15, 2010 8:01 AM   in reply to elootoo

Don't forget to also submit a feature request.  You can include a link to this thread.

Are you setting Encore CS5 to use ame to transcode?  I think it gives you a bit more info than you describe, and its faster!  I have not tried to pause it.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2010 6:42 PM   in reply to elootoo

Let us know.  Encore preferences, general tab.

I don't recall what it shows, I'm pretty sure it is part, but not all, of what you want.  I don't know if I care about the pause, but I'd like more information, including projected time left for the current transcode and the whole queue..

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2010 7:44 AM   in reply to elootoo

My guess is that the use of AME for "transcode now" but the Encore Transcoder when doing a "build" is probably because the whole Encore app is built on the sonic authorcore.  Adobe can probably control what happens with "transcode now," but not (or not easily) what happens with "build."

I prefer doing the transcode now anyway, because I think it reduces the likelihood of error, or if not, makes the errors easier to pin down.

Glad this gets you closer to your goal.  I used CS3 extensively, briefly CS4, and now CS5.  I'm liking each of the features added in each revision.  And more work for Adobe to do!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points