• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot select or deselect objects in Fireworks CS5

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot seem to select or deselect objects in fireworks by clicking on them. I have to click and drag in order to select an object and click and drag to deselect. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong or how I can fix this? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

FIXED....

Its Spotify.... Close it and try again.. Worked for me....

Grrrrr... I blame Xmas and all the offices for having music on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your layer options and make sure that Single Layer Editing is not selected.

Check also to see if you've accidentally locked all the layers.

Another option might be the active tool. You won't be able to select vector objects if a Bitmap tool is active, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't appear to be a layer option. Also when I make a selection with the marquee tool, I can't cancel my selection by clicking outside of the canvas or selected area, I have to click and drag 1px to cancel the selection. It seems that anything I could do by doing a single mouse click, I now have to do using a click + drag. Thanks for your answer tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem.

Also can´t zoom (z) + mouse click

Also tried to reinstall FW - did not solve the problem.

I restarted my computer (Osx) . Started Fireworks and opened different Fireworks png working files. I also tried on a new fresh document. Note this - Did, at that time (after reboot), manage to select on or two objects (object border got selected - blue border). But after a minute or less objects wont respond when clicking on them (red border

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is the same exact thing thats happening to me, I still have not been able to fix this problem. I also tried uninstalling fireworks and reinstalling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to use keyboard shortcut keys for any operation like nudging?

Can you try cleaning your preferences?

Location: \Users\<username>\Library\Preferences\Adobe Fireworks CS5\

Can you share your OS version? 10.5/10.6?

..Sarthak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that and reinstall. Nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange. Never had this problem! Always can easily select objects in Fw by simply clicking on them...

(I am on Windows.)

Can you try contacting any of the Adobe Fireworks engineers?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use the zoom option in the right bottom corner. Set zoom to 80 then to 100, then save document. Restart FW. Do not zoom using the Z comman key.

Edit.

- It worked for a minute then it started again. Can not select or deselect.

This is really troublesome. Starting a monday like this with a tight client delivery schedule. How does one get in contact with the ADOBE CREW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same problem is driving me crazy too! It started suddenly and I haven't made any changes by myself and it affects old and new files. I did run the Adobe updater last week, but don't remember if Fireworks was updated.

Single layer editing is not on and nothing is locked.

I'm running CS5 on Mac OSX.

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to say that a friend of mine got the same problem last week when he opened a FW-.png-file of mine. It´s spreading ...the Adobe Fireworks virus

How do we get the attention of the Adobe dev Team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't promise anything, but I'll try to contact some Fw Team gurus to help with the issue...

You can also try reporting it here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

-- provide as many details as possible and probably someone will contact you.

Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent a bug report

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the bug!

The bug report should receive the attention from someone from the Fw Team. I hope so

(I never saw this bug but I am on Windows...)

Since Fireworks CS5 has not been updated recently, I suppose that a MacOS X minor udpate might have caused the issue. Or maybe an update in another CS5 application that somehow touched Fireworks (a shared library of some sort?); or maybe Adobe Flash player update? I really don't know just making some guessings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe. I use MacOS 10.6.5, anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like to drop in and confirm I have the same problem. This is costing precious time AND money. Hope we won't have to wait until a CS6 release this time to get a decent bugfix. (and pay an insane price for it too). Shame on you Adobe!

btw I'm running on MacOSX, the problem occured before but could normally be fixed by restarting. This morning that didn't help, so I rebooted and did the latest OSX update which was still in que but nothing worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem. This is very annoying and prevents me from working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also reported a bug to Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has also started happening for me this morning 20th december 2010, I however am using CS4 and not CS5.

I am also running 10.6.5 but that was installed on the 24th November and Ive been using Fireworks for weeks without a hitch.

?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it started last friday (Dec 17 th)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED....

Its Spotify.... Close it and try again.. Worked for me....

Grrrrr... I blame Xmas and all the offices for having music on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo!

I was about to ask for other applications which are installed on the machine.

..Sarthak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just Spotify, it's any app that maps to the media keys. Radia (Pandora app) causes the same issue. I think this is an Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It started to work when I closed Photoshop CS5...

Edit...

and now it´s back again. Only have FW started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines