• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player plays videos slow and jumpy. Have to put on pause and wait for it to load.

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the new Flash Player release, videos on Youtube, CNN, FOX will start to load then do a buffering, then play a little more, stop again.

When I hit on pause and let it load fully, it is the only way I can watch the video.

Unless it is a video I really want to watch, the effort takes to long.

It started with the new release of Flash Play on both my desktop with windows XP and new laptop with Windows 7.

I have spent days reviewing this forum and tried all your suggestions.

Are there any new suggestions besides all those that have already been given or do we have to just wait for a new release of Flash Player

to take care of all these bugs that I have been reading that others also have?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Have you turned off the hardware acceleration? Did you disable any Anti-Virus components in your add ons? Do you have RealPlayer add ons? Skype? Javascript set correctly? How's Java, Deployment Toolkit, 2SSV Helper, adblock, popupblockers,

Security Settings, Flash Player Installed correctly, ActiveX Controls and plugins correct, Updated your graphic drivers, complied with the requirements to use the hardware acceleration if you have it ON, made sure your Anti-Virus is not blocking content/videos, taken care of the conflicting Toolbars?

There are most likely other things to check, but those are all I can think of at the moment.

Just my opinion but if those issues can affect prior versions of Flash Player (and they did), then they would most likely affect a future version. Flash Player works thru the browser and whatever is in the browser affects not only the browser, but every other addon there; in a good way or a bad way.

Hardly ever have I found two computer systems with the exact same configurations, hence separate threads.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, everything you mentioned, I did.

Also many others things mentioned on the Flash Player forum for trouble shootings.

It just started with the new Flash Players updates on both computers.

I did get a suggestion from adninjastrotor (forums@adobe.om)

The new version might be requesting the high bitrate videos from YouTube and others,

the new HiDef video....when your internet speed can't support it.

I have Qwest wireless for a server.

I tried downloading a older version Flash Player to see if that was the problem and the old version

didn't require the new HiDef video, but that didn't work either.

Then again its happening on both computers and never did before the new update, so

maybe I will have to contact Qwest and see if they have a answer.

My Mbps speed is still the same on Qwest, that it was before updates, no change there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off the phone with Qwest.  We tested everything out and there hasn't been any change in my internet connection speed.

Download speed is 1.385 and upload speed 0.742

What kind of speed does this new Flash Player update with HiDef Videos require?

How do I check  what speed is coming in for (example Youtube)

I did notice Youtube has a speed test if you right click, but couldn't find MN on it and didn't really understand how to use it or use a comparison to my speed.

I have Qwest DSL and have the highest speed I could purchase for the rural area I live in.

If HiDef videos is the problem with the new update, is there any option where I can still view videos not using the new HiDef?

I really miss my CNN, FOX and Youtube videos, that worked before.

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well that was nice that Qwest was able to help you on that. I do have a few links that may help you on the HD, etc.

I'm on the laptop, and need to go to my work PC and then I'll post the info. My understanding is that the videos on youtube that are in HD are marked. Whether they are HD or not depends on whether it was uploaded in HD. I am not a user of youtube that much, but see that youtube has been making a lot of changes.

Be back in a few minutes.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Windows had quite a few updates on their Patch Tuesday(12/14) Did you Install them manually or do you have automatic

Install? I was trying to get my PC's updated last night/early am and almost everything IE was updated, not only browsers but servers as well. The only IE that wasn't was the beta9. I wonder if that had any affect on what you are experiencing. Just a thot.

You said in your post that the videos on CNN, youtube and Fox are some that you are having problems with. I think if any of those videos were in HD, it would indicate that and you could select to view them in SD. I know you can do that on youtube. Keep in mind again not all videos on youtube are even in HD, at least that is my understanding of what I have read.

CNN: Page down to Technical and take a look at that section    http://www.cnn.com/help/live.html

Youtube: http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/search.py?ctx=en%3Asearchbox&query=viewing+HD+videos

Fox: I didn't see any of their videos in HD

I would read those links first. Following are a couple of others:

Finally, this link is for System Requirements from Adobe:
Now, if you are trying to watch only videos in HD, then you need to see if your system supports that. But just to watch videos, you should not be having any problem as long as Flash Player and the ActiveX Control are Installed. If you are, then that is another issue and not HD related.
Hopefully, by reading some of the info, you can determine which it is.
My work computer is XP/SP3, hardware acceleration ON and I have no problem with videos on any sites. But then again, I make sure I have JavaScript set correctly, only the latest Java Update, Security set at Medium and NO Anti-Virus add ons in my browser:-) I keep the addons in my browser at a minimum and NO Toolbars and the latest Flash Player.
(My Laptop is a different story, LOL); it is loaded!!
Happy Reading:-)
Thanks,
eidnolb

Message was edited by: eidnolb

Message was edited by: eidnolb   adjustment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry about the text in that last post/paragraph. It wasn't like that before I sent the message. Tried to edit it, but that wouldn't edit. Some glitch I guess.

First time I have had that happen so I have no idea what happened.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2010 Dec 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eidnolg,

I have great news on my end for this problem.

Researching another solution all started with the email that I received from adninjastrator ( forums@adobe.com)

about it might be something with my internet server and HiDef videos.

I phoned Qwest help line and they told me my speeds coming in for okay.

Then I sent a email to a Qwest online tech and explained how it all started about the time of  the flash player update on both of my computers.

I told them about all my trouble shooting on your forum.

Within 2 hours of my email, I got a reply back from the Qwest tech.

Quote from Qwest internet provider, email response:

I understand you are having concerns about your speed.

I have spoken to an engineer and we have made some changes.

You should see immediate results.

I went to Youtube, CNN and FOX and they all worked.  Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what programming problem that they fixed, but it worked.

Thanks to adninjastrator for getting me started on checking with my internet server provider.

Thank you eidnolg for all your suggestions for solving this issue.

It was also a learning process for me, doing research on checking for computer problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2010 Dec 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, hmafishing!! That is great news. I must say I am impressed by such a prompt response from Qwest!!! That was awesome

And like you say from Adobe forum help!!!

You really not only received prompt responses but accurate information from both places!! Glad to hear that and I know you are very pleased:-)

Thank you so much for posting back your solution. This could very well help other users that had/have the same problem.

By marking your thread as answered is most helpful when users are searching for "videos slow and jumpy" in the Flash Player Search Feature.

Just a great thread and solutions.

Yes, research is very helpful and I do a lot of it also, trying to help users here.

Thanks again,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eidnolb,

Women fish too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, LOL  I think we need a new term, like heshe or would it be shehe? Actually, I would like to see an "f" or a "m" at the end of the screen name!!

eidnolb-f  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just having a little fun with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know. There is another thread that is having problems similar to what you had and I gave him your thread link. Haven't heard back yet. Your solution was unusual. Of course we don't know exactly what Qwest did, but the direction your problem took.

That made me wonder if some of the video issues that users are having are related to that. Time will tell, I suppose.

Well, I am calling it a night:-)

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines