Exit

[ASK]can't play SWF

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2010 Dec 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello there guys..,

ok i'll be straight to the point..,

i'm having problem with playing SWF file on a PC (all of the SWF tested it dedicated for desktop application)..,

so i created SWF to be played on Desktop sort of desktop application it's good and no error also when i tested it on my Laptop it works fine..,

the problem come when i wanted to play it on other PC that has no adobe flash CS nor other version..,

i just installed the flash player and hoping to play the SWF yet the thing is the SWF file ain't recognized as part of flash file and the pc ask to open with what program and there's no adobe player in the list..,

i tried googled out and found this:

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html#fp10

i tried installed the first two of ver 10 and 9 (ver 10 first when it didn't work i tried the version 9) because the last two doesn't need to be installed it can instantly run the projector..,(when i did installed this spposedly debugger/stand alone projector i can't play any swf file so i decide to uninstall it)..,

so in short way i'm confused with the stand alone projector using method,

i really hope you guys can enlighten me in this..

hope i make my problem description clear enough..,

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can compile executable (.exe) file that will play on PC with no special plugin (just check an appropriate box in publish settings). You can also compile AIR application (user will have to install the application along with the need of AIR runtime environment).

Otherwise there is no guaratee swf will play on other than you machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey there andrei1 ,

thanks replying..,

first of all that is indeed a valuable information yet i do need to able play specificly swf file because i need to play that swf on delphi form (right now i'm using delphi 7) by using the help of flash engine even though that there is still problem with the flash engine (it will play some swf and will not play some other swf) i think that is a problem of another discussion and maybe different discussion forum site..,

can you give me a solution about playing SWF file on any PC which is of course the OS is windows..,

and would you mind to explain to me about flash player and it's stand alone plug in cause i really kinda lost on that topic by reading the article i given above..,

and about adobe air what difference it has with flash action script 3 for the language can i copy paste my code in .as file into adobe air environment??

(all i know about adobe air is that if you want to create flash for desktop application then use adobe air)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't develop desktop applications. And I know nothing about Delphi. Also, I don't know how to use SWFs in other wrappers.

Nevertheless, SWF is an open source now. Perhaps, you are better off posting your question at Open SWF forum.

Again, Adobe provides two ways to compile Flash (AS) applications for desktops - Windows Projector executable, Apple OS Projector, and AIR. AIR environment can accomodate much wider range of technologies than Flash. These are "native" wrappers that Adobe supports.

"and about adobe air what difference it has with flash action script 3  for the language can i copy paste my code in .as file into adobe air  environment??"

AS3 is a language. AIR is a runtime environment. I am not aware of any special AIR development environment. You need to use compiler to create applications written in AS3. You can compile AIR applications either in Flash IDE or with Flex SDK.

Again, depending on compiler you can compiler swfs, AIR applications or executables.

SWF is designed to be played in Flash plugin as you know. Yes, there is a a standalone projector that can play SWF but it is more for development purposes rather than as a main vehicle to deliver Flash applications. In general swfs are for Flash browser plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok thanks for your help mate..,

it does give me some "revelation" on what to do..,

especially this part :

"

SWF is designed to be played in Flash plugin as you know. Yes,  there is a a standalone projector that can play SWF but it is more for  development purposes rather than as a main vehicle to deliver Flash  applications. In general swfs are for Flash browser plugins.

"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines