Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Profile for iPhone

Jan 28, 2008 1:21 AM

Hi,
I am new to Device Central, so I may not understand the App very well - but I can't seem to find a profile for the iPhone - which, given its popularity, is strange to me.

Is this because iPhone doesn't support Flash? At least that's the impression I get on the Developer section http://developer.apple.com/iphone/devcenter/designingcontent.html">lin kforfor[/L] the iPhone and on an Adobe reply on a non-related subject.

Still, I'd like to see what a site that I design in Photoshop/Dreamweaver CS3 look like on the iPhone.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2009 11:09 AM   in reply to RogierBos

It would be a tiresome task for Adobe to add device profiles for all mobile to device central.  It appears that the profiles that are available in CS3 and the online library in CS4 are just phones able to run Flash Lite.  However, I agree it would be great to see designs emulated in other phones like the iPhone or Blackberrys. I am going to try and create a new device profile that mimics the iPhone and other popular phones and see if I can load it into CS4. I'm not sure if this is possible and how the phone skin would be loaded into the profile. I'll post back with my findings.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2009 11:50 PM   in reply to garflock

HI all,

just wondering, flash still cant be enabled on iPhone rite?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2009 8:57 PM   in reply to mista alter

The new version of iphone will be going out end of this year, and I think they will build in flash player. 

Printing

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2009 12:53 AM   in reply to RogierBos

Adobe needs to realize the there's more use for Device Central than Flash design. I'm an iPhone app designer and I do all my work in Ai and Ps. Some times I don't want to dig up my template, I just want to crank open a new iPhone profile and go to town with a 160ppi 320px x 240px blank document.

Let's get with the frickin' program today, eh Adobe?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2009 8:06 AM   in reply to RogierBos

Just a correction to the link:

Developer section comment on designing content, mentioned in the original post:

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/devcenter/designingcontent.html

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2009 4:21 AM   in reply to vova11

You can run flash videos from youtube by a plugin from video hamster, but for some reason it doesn't allow you to watch any other flash movies

beadstalk

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2009 8:53 PM   in reply to RogierBos

It is puzzling why Adobe doesn't offer support in Device Central for creating AI , Photoshop files for the iPhone. Well, since the merger nothing very innovative has emerged from the company. Maybe next year.

I had a comment from March 2009 in the Dreamweaver Forum approved yesterday. If they are 5 months behind just moderating the Dreamweaver Forum, I guess it is no surprise they haven't discovered the iPhone yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2009 9:59 PM   in reply to Jayperkins

For some reason I find that both sad and, in a strange way, amusing -- rather than surprising.

FATHER: I want his only daughter, from now onwards, to think of me as her old dad ... in a very real and legally binding sense.

Applause.

FATHER: And I'm sure sure ... that the merger ... er ... the union between the Princess and the brave but dangerous Sir Launcelot of Camelot ...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2009 6:48 AM   in reply to garflock

>It would be a tiresome task for Adobe to add device profiles for all mobile to device central.

I find this a specious and ridiculous statement in relation to the iPhone. With the amount of market share the iPhone has (and continues to gain), you might as well say, "It would be a tiresome task for Adobe to add support for all browsers in Dreamweaver" when referring to Internet Explorer.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2009 7:15 AM   in reply to ThunderFoxed

Very well put ... it's almost like we are trying to excuse laziness on Adobe's part.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2009 5:38 PM   in reply to RogierBos

I've downloaded a 'manual' from Adobe 2009-09-05 called 'Photoshop.com Mobile Community Questions - iPhone and iPod Touch', which in 9 pages tells, among a lot of other things, how to download not exsisting free Photoshop.com Mobile app from the app store, how to use the not-exsisting app together with Photoshop.com to restore, share your pictures and more. WOW! Just something for me! I thought! But there was no free application in the app store - only an app you can buy not knowing, how well it's working with Photoshop.com.

Will Adobe make the announced service for the many iPhone users in many countries, or.... ??

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2010 2:29 AM   in reply to RogierBos

Flash content for the  iPhone and related devices can now be developed with Flash Pro CS5. This tool  is a workaround as it converts/enables Flash applications to be repackaged  specifically for the iPhone. Unfortunately this doesn’t mean you can watch Flash  content directly from the web, but it does mean developers can re-use the  source code of their popular apps and re-publish for the iPhone.

But lets cut out this step and get an iPhone flash player, I'm looking to roll out a channel for a wedding photography website. More and more of my target market are looking to mobile applications to find services and this it really would be beneficial to have seamless integration for this device.

Yours patiently!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2010 10:19 PM   in reply to RogierBos

I have a business plan writing service and more and more our clients are coming through mobile channels and applications. Agree that it would be very beneficial to have seamless integration.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2010 12:41 AM   in reply to RogierBos

yeah,t is puzzling why Adobe doesn't offer support in Device Central for creating AI , Photoshop files for the iPhone. Well, since the merger nothing very innovative has emerged from the company. Maybe next year.

I had a comment from March 2009 in the Dreamweaver Forum approved yesterday. If they are 5 months behind just moderating the Dreamweaver Forum, I guess it is no surprise they haven't discovered the iPhone yet. if u r a golf lover, it is a optimal choice to click the http://www.golfwholesaleshop.com

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2010 3:45 AM   in reply to RogierBos

Hello,

I am also new there so this profile of iphone is really very helpful. by the way we provide so many different different kinda apps for iphone and also games.

cheers!!

iPhone applications games

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2010 1:37 PM   in reply to RogierBos

Hi new kid here just wanting to see if anyone can tell me what to do to my website to get it to show on the iphone corretly ?

Umm I hope I am in the right place its at http://affiliateventures.info and about affiliate marketing training

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2010 2:05 PM   in reply to Mission0ps

Since you set this up on WordPress, this is probably really a question for a WordPress forum.

But, it's about adding code in to get it to recognize that it is being accessed by a mobile device, and then having a redirect in there that sends the viewer over to a separate version of the website that is specifically coded (CSS) for viewing on that device.

Usually, the mobile version of a website will have an address formated like this: http://m.affiliateventures.info

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2010 2:11 PM   in reply to claidheamdanns

Hey that helps LOADS cheers for you reply ...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2010 1:00 PM   in reply to claidheamdanns

For my website i want to make a mobile version for only one page (my Assurance auto page). Can i use dreamweaver and change the html markup at the beginning of the code only for this page or i need to do a completely different page and do a user-agent lookup on whether it's a web agent or a mobile agent ?

thanks for helping me out!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2010 1:21 PM   in reply to raymonddenis

I would say ditto to my reply above this one. Basically you have to set it to detect what user-agent is being used and you will most likely want to different versions of the page, one with a CSS for mobile devices, and one with a CSS for desktop computers.

Because of the way Dreamweaver operates, you will probably need to build two separate pages, with a redirect in the head of both pages to detect and redirect as needed.

Make sense?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2010 1:24 PM   in reply to raymonddenis

I'm not the best expert to ask but this works well - hope it helps

http://www.ehow.com/how_5092987_make-mobile.html

Cheers Speak soon... Tony

My Affiliate Ventures <http://affiliateventures.info/> | Your Affiliate

Buddy <http://youraffiliatebuddy.com>

Contact Me <http://twitter.com/smartdad> Twitter<http://twitter.com/smartdad>

Chat Re: Profile for iPhone tonyb006 Re: Profile for iPhone tony.bb1

Traffic Dashboard By Kim Roach – A Buddy

review<http://youraffiliatebuddy.com/affiliate-marketing-training/traffic-das hboard-by-kim-roach-a-buddy-review.php

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2010 1:28 PM   in reply to Mission0ps

Excellent resource! Thanks for sharing.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2010 1:31 PM   in reply to Mission0ps

thanks i think this helps...

i've also found that i could use the following rewrite rule in .htaccess:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} (OneMobileUserAgent|AnotherMobileUserAgent|...)
    RewriteRule (.*)/assurance-auto $1assurance-auto?mobile=1 [L]

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2010 1:37 PM   in reply to raymonddenis

Hmmm ... maybe. I couldn't say for sure on that one. The advice given above (i.e. using Google to make a Mobile version) is good for making the mobile version, but you still have to redirect people there.

The code you are talking about here, might do that, but I haven't tested it.

(even though I have Dreamweaver, I use RapidWeaver more often than not, and I just use a theme that has both desktop and mobile built in and builds all the detection in automatically and reformats everything for both options)

It's kinda like Steve Jobs says about a Mac -- it just works.

That being said, I will probably get trashed on an Adobe forum for saying I like one of their competitors better, but hey, I bought Dreamweaver, too, so they shouldn't complain too loudly.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2010 3:07 AM   in reply to RogierBos

I dont think you will be able to see any flash on yout iphone, at least not at the moment. Apple simply refuse to implement the fllash into their system.. I cannot see what is their problem but anyway.. there is a browser for iphone which support flash... something with fire i remember.

life starts at 4000 rpm

room in london

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2010 6:20 AM   in reply to doncorti

I tried one called Puffin (a paid app, not free) and it worked only spotty at best. It worked on the pages they gave as examples, but on none of the pages I wanted to view.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2011 2:47 AM   in reply to RogierBos

Hi, I am also a beginner in using the iPhone. This gadget was foreign to me. I don't know any application that can be displayed on the iPhone. I see that now the iPhone is becoming more sophisticated. But, I can not see the Gender Predictor site and css drive forum thread. I don't know why? Maybe somebody knows the problem on my iPhone.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2011 10:15 PM   in reply to undermost

I don't have any problem viewing either one of those sites on my iPhone 4. Which iPhone do you have, and what happens when you try to go to those sites?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2011 4:30 AM   in reply to RogierBos

A jailbroken iPhone can support Flash fine. We have a iphone version of our flash galleries (http://www.vancouverweddingphotographer.org/).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2011 7:45 AM   in reply to PhotoFanatic1

Not exactly where on your site you are referring to. I have looked at 2 different slideshow effects on your site, on a non-jailbroken phone, and they display just fine. Are you sure they are Flash?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2011 7:09 PM   in reply to claidheamdanns

Hi Claid,

You are right, currently we don't have Flash galleries in the public area, however we do have Flash galleires for some of the website users in the member area. We also have developed Flash galleries that we can publish at any time. We had to take out Flash from the public area because many of our users are on iPhones and iPads (in aprticular our SEO guy). I just wanted to give a heads up that if you jailbreak an iPhone, Flash can be enabled.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2011 7:38 PM   in reply to PhotoFanatic1

Oh, okay, that makes more sense. Yeah, I used to jailbreak mine (all the way from Gen 1 through 3G) -- I just got tired of having to do it every time Apple released a new update. There are still a lot of things I miss about the freedom of the jailbroken phone, and yes, it shows that Flash (and a lot of other things) are not impossible on the iPhone -- Apple is just stubborn. Of course, without knowing the inside story, it could be on Adobe's part, too. Or, the old saying could still be true: "It takes two to tango."

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2011 10:03 AM   in reply to PhotoFanatic1

Isnt Jailbreaking illegal?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2011 11:25 AM   in reply to hendravilds

Nope. But jumping carrier illegally is. These are two different things. How can they legally tell you what you can do with a phone that you bought. You are not renting your phone from Apple. But the phone service is different. You are paying for a service.

See here for details: http://osxdaily.com/2010/07/26/is-jailbreaking-your-iphone-illegal-not -anymore/

The government said, "No, no, Apple, you can't do that."

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2011 5:31 AM   in reply to RogierBos

Hi,

we recently published 3 Apple device profiles to ADC CS5, here's the tweet annnouncing it: http://twitter.com/#!/devicecentral/status/37835724929773568

Thanks,

Nandi

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2011 12:54 AM   in reply to RogierBos

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2011 7:33 PM   in reply to RogierBos

Very good,

|