Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Limitations of CS5 animation

Dec 18, 2010 8:32 AM

Am I right in thinking the following task can not be carried out in Indesign CS5, but requires exporting to Flash:

I have a two page spread that I want to show either product 1 or product 2.

I have two thumbnail buttons for each product. On page load I want to see product 1, and then by pressing product 2's thumbnail, product 1 disappears and product 2 is displayed and then vice versa.

I can get the page to load with product 1. I can then animate the thumbnail of product 2 to bring in product 2, but I can't clear product 1 fromunder it or get back to product one, because I can't seperate it from the actions from the page load. It seems you can't animate something twice. Is that correct?

What I need is to be able to set up animations for a single item for each button and page load, but CS5 only seems to allow an object to be animated from one button and/or page load with onetype of animation.

Surely it would have been easy to implement mapping different buttons for different animations for a single object, or would this be treading too far on to Flash's toes?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 18, 2010 8:36 AM   in reply to freespoolcarpmag

That is techincally correct but there is a little trick you can play on InDesign. After you have the initial animation set up, create new rectangle with no fill or stroke. Group that with object that you wish to add a second animation to. ID will see that as a new object that you can apply any animation affect to.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 19, 2010 7:10 PM   in reply to freespoolcarpmag

You can use buttons with animations play/reverse features. In InDesign you can add more than one action to one button, so put to product 1 button actions

product 1 > play

product 2 > reverse

And same thing but vice versa to product 2 button.... and make your product 1 animation also go on while page is loading...

I made a small sample:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/133381/products_sliding.swf

Same as indd:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/133381/products_sliding.indd

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers