Skip navigation
dr asmae
Currently Being Moderated

I want to make my video's bakcground transparent in flash?

Dec 21, 2010 7:00 AM

hi

I work on flash CS3

I created a video in sony vegas, and imported it to flash, but the background is black, I want it to be transparent, what should I do?

P.S: in sony, there is no background, except the original black backgound that we see when we open the projet?

can we make some changes in the flvplayback in order to fix this?

thank you in advance

Replies
  • kglad
    72,227 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 21, 2010 7:03 AM   in reply to dr asmae

is your flvplayback component skinless?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 21, 2010 8:11 AM   in reply to dr asmae

To solve this you ned to chnage your html. In your embed tag there is a param you need to change from "opaque" to "transparent". I assume you don't want the white flash to occur while your swf loads. I hope this answers your question.

<param name="wmode" value="opaque" />

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 21, 2010 5:48 PM   in reply to jasonjam

If you are really trying to have a transparent background in a video, the video needs to be shot against a green screen and then chroma-key out (remove) the background and save the video file with the alpha channel included. Otherwise your video file will ALWAYS have a rectangle background, regardless of wmode.

Once you get your chroma-keyed video file saved with the alpha channel included, then you can play that video in a Flash video player (via NetStream) and no skin with the wmode set to transparent. Then there will be no background "inside" or around the video.

That's how this "Walk-on" video was created:

http://www.mrfilmbiz.com/

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 22, 2010 5:24 AM   in reply to dr asmae

My response is if you contain your flv in an swf for web purposes. The wmode needs to transparent so your flv doesn't flash white before it starts up. All that code is generated if you export as html.

After looking at your examples, you want your video with no bkg... meaning all that is shown behind the logo is your desktop bkg or whatever environment you open the file. I'm not certain how to do that without research... you may want to explore final cut pro forums as well. Hopefully someone else here can help out more.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 22, 2010 7:26 AM   in reply to jasonjam

JasonJam

You remove the background in a video by chroma-keying it out. That is, you shoot the video subject against a mono-colored background (like a green screen) and then use video editing software to select all the green pixels on the screen and remove them. But you have to then save that transparency, called the alpha channel. Then your video will have a transparent background and can be displayed over the top of something else, like a Web page. The "wmode" applies to the video player displaying the video, not the video itself. So unless the video has been chroma-keyed and the alpha channel included when the file is saved, there will always be a rectangle background.... exactly the problem described in this post.

dr asmae

If all you want is a logo with a transparent background, why are you using a .flv file? Unless there is some super long animation that goes with it, creating and saving it as a simple.swf would work just fine, or just a .png. Both of these options would provide the transparent background but creating your logo in a video editing program is really the long way around.

What type of file did you import into Sony Vegas to make your logo? My guess is that it would be much simpler to just directly use that image instead of converting it into any type of video file.

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 22, 2010 7:42 AM   in reply to adninjastrator

I'm not asking this question... merely trying to help but thanks for the insight.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 22, 2010 11:49 AM   in reply to dr asmae

If you want to create a transparent background, you need to chroma-key it:

http://www.moonpro.us/chroma.htm

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/875709

http://www.videojug.com/webvideo/sony-vegas-tutorial-chroma-keyinggree n-screening

and a gazillion other links out there.

Google "Chroma-key Sony Vegas" for more info.

After you've processed your video like that, including the alpha channel, you can transcode to .flv. Just be sure you include the alpha channel all the way along. Then you'll need a flash video player placed on the Web page with the wmode set to transparent.

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points