• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 10.1.85.3 failed to install

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2010 Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 7 and have installed the latest Adobe Flash Player 10.1.102.64 (from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/) but i keep getting software updates prompt to install Flash Player 10.1.85.3. Everytime i click Install, the updates will end up with Failed status and it has become annoying as it prompt me to upgrade very often.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the Flash animation at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ and does it show a version information under it?  If so, what is your installed FP version?

Also, what web browser are you using?

Finally, is your Windows version 32-bit or 64-bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the flash provided in your link.

Version Info:

You have version 10,1,102,64 installed

I am using Chrome & IE 8, but the upgrade seems to be meant for IE as the full name for the updates is this: "Adobe Flash Player 10.1.85.3 for Internet Explorer"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is strange, that it would try to "upgrade" to an older version of Flash Player...?

Can you tell me what files you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, very strange. I think that is the reason the 'upgrades' keep failing. I have tried uninstalled my Flash Player through Control Panel but it is still the same.

C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash:

FlashPlayerTrust (folder)
Flash10l.ocx
FlashInstall (txt file)
FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.dll
FlashUtil10l_ActiveX (Application)
mms.cfg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me what the contents of that mms.cfg file is?

Also, is it Flash Player that notifies you of the update, or some website?  If it is Flash Player, can you try to disable the update notifications from http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager05.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content for mms.cfg:

AutoUpdateDisable = 1

I just check the Flash Player update notification, it has already turned off.

The upgrade prompt is through my Configuration Manager. It shows up on my taskbar and prompt up small menu on the taskbar. Is this something related to my OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in a corporate environment?  If so, that 'Configuration Manager' seems to be something that controls your installed programs, and it seems that it is not aware that you already have a newer Flash Player version installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I am in corporate environment but since this is a freeware, I am not sure whether our internal IT department will handle this problem. I guess i will have to check with them. Appreciate your fast response, thank you very much

Merry Christmas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines