Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver Error while trying to insert record

Apr 9, 2010 5:48 PM

When i try to insert a Record I get the following error:

 

while executing onLoad in InsertRecord.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
At line 665 of file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe DreamweaverCS4\Configaration\ServerBehaviours\PHP_MySQL\InsertRecord. js":
name has no properties

 

Line 655

      if (columnName.toUpperCase() == name.toUpperCase())

 

Im running Win 7 64bit

 
Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2010 9:43 PM   in reply to snarzom12

    Try this KB

     

    Troubleshooting JavaScript errors in Dreamweaver

    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19105.html

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2010 11:04 PM   in reply to snarzom12

    Afraid I've got no more suggestions other than to download the CS5 Trial when it's available and see if that works. Not suggesting you buy it - just a process of elimination.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2010 12:28 AM   in reply to snarzom12

    I honestly don't know.

     

    If you've been through every suggestion in the Adobe Technote and nothing has fixed it then I don't have any other suggestions, I'm afraid.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 26, 2010 11:19 PM   in reply to snarzom12

    Hello,

     

    Did you manage to solve this issue? I'm have similar issue, but with updateRecord.js...

     

    If I find a solution, I will send it to this post.

     

    Thanks,

    Alice

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 27, 2010 5:33 AM   in reply to Alice Li

    Alice Li wrote:

     

    Did you manage to solve this issue? I'm have similar issue, but with updateRecord.js...

    The answer is in the first section of the Dreamweaver FAQ. If Dreamweaver starts behaving erratically, it's usually caused by a corrupt cache file. If deleting the cache file doesn't work, the next step is to delete your Dreamweaver personal configuration file. Very occasionally, you need to reinstall Dreamweaver, but before doing so, you need to delete your configuration folder to ensure that everything is reset to the factory defaults. All the necessary steps are listed in the FAQ.

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2011 4:57 PM   in reply to snarzom12

    I know this is a bit old, but I had the same problem last night. After repeatedly deleting the user cache as recommended elsewhere, without any luck, I realised that the problem was being caused by something in my code.

     

    The form that I was using to submit the data contained checkboxes which I was using to collect the response as an array. (Using php)

     

    By that I mean that the name of the checkbox element ended with square brackets. In my case, the name was 'conditions[]' for example.

     

    The insert record behaviour worked fine if I removed this checkboxes.

     

    In the end, I hard coded the insert command, without using the behaviour, which was inconvenient, but worked just fine.

     

    I just thought it might be useful for anyone else that finds the same issue.

     

    Hope this helps

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2012 11:43 AM   in reply to snarzom12

    If you use Captcha in your form to prevent random submissions of the form, you need to name the captcha field like so: <input type="hidden" name="txtCaptcha" id="txtCaptcha" /> That's the "name" that's missing. Dreamweaver isn't having a problem inserting a record, it's having a problem with a different javascript on the page.

     
    |
    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points