• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I enable Flash Player?

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2010 Dec 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A while back, I installed some software that gave me the option to disable Flash, which I accepted. I now regret that decision and would like to enable it; however, I cannot figure out how to do that. I no longer have the software that allowed me to disable. I have followed all of the other troubleshooting things I could find to ensure Flash was installed properly, Java is enabled, etc., etc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Flash will not run in multiple browsers for me--I simply get the error message that I must install Flash every time I run into web content that requires it. Any ideas? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2010 Dec 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us some information about your environment - OS & version, browsers & versions?

Usually you just go to the browser's Tools | Add-ons, and enable the add-ons you want to enable.

P.S. the Flash Player add-on is called Shockwave Flash Object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is

My OS is MS Windows XP Professional 2002 SP3.

I use two browsers: Windows Internet Explorer 8 (version 8.0.6001.18702) and Mozilla Firefox (version 3.6.13).

After uninstalling and reinstalling Flash, I was able to reinstall Shockwave in FF, and now I can see Flash content in FF.

However, I don't see an Adobe Flash Player specific add-on in IE, and I am still being prompted to install "Macromedia Flash Player" when I try to access such content in IE (such as changing my Yahoo Avatar or viewing eCards).

Because I can use FF when I need to view content, my issue is not as critical; nevertheless, it would be nice if I could access Flash content without worrying about which browser I'm using.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two different installers; one for Internet Explorer (ActiveX), and one for all other browsers (plugin).

You can download the ActiveX installer here http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2010 Dec 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used your link, I installed it again, and again, and one more time just to be sure. Each time, the install seemed to work fine. However, after each attempt, I was unable to run Flash content and was again prompted to install Flash player. I must be doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2010 Dec 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the Shockwave Flash Object under Tools | Add-ons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in Internet Explorer, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Is Shockwave Flash Object enabled in Internet Explorer | Tools | Add-ons ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines