Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

File upload with ASP

Mar 2, 2008 7:46 AM

I'm designing pages with asp vbscript and I purchased the developers toolbox primarily to create forms to upload photos to my site. When I try to insert the file upload using the toolbar I get a message that this server model is not supported? Am I missing something here?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2008 7:37 AM   in reply to (Rod_Ort)
    You're not.  The ADDT is not finished for either ASP or Cold Fusion.<br /><br />How do you want to do the upload?  Do you know what ASP Upload components <br />are supported by your host?<br /><br /><br />-- <br />Nancy Gill<br />Adobe Community Expert<br />Author:  Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone<br />Co-Author:  Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)<br />Technical Editor:  Dreamweaver CS3: The Missing Manual,<br /> DMX 2004: The Complete Reference,  DMX 2004: A Beginner's Guide<br /> Mastering Macromedia Contribute<br />Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development<br /><br /><Rod_Ort@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3c064922.-1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> I'm designing pages with asp vbscript and I purchased the developers <br />> toolbox primarily to create forms to upload photos to my site. When I try <br />> to insert the file upload using the toolbar I get a message that this <br />> server model is not supported? Am I missing something here?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2008 5:44 PM   in reply to (Rod_Ort)
    ADDT supports ASP VBScript, so you should be able to upload files with no problem. The error you're getting means that your site isn't set up to use ASP VBScript as the server model in Dreamweaver.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2008 6:02 AM   in reply to georgev63
    Sorry, George ... if I understood the poster, the message is in the ADDT <br />developer toolbar that ASP/VB is not supported for Multiple File Upload .. <br />that is true and it is not supported for ASP/VB or Cold Fusion, only PHP. <br />ADDT doesn't work for Multiple File Upload or Captcha or a few other <br />functions in ASP/VB or in Cold Fusion .. it's simply not finished in all <br />server models.<br /><br />Now simple file uploads ARE supported in the Server Behaviors .. but I took <br />the poster to take that he or she was trying to use the Multiple File Upload <br />function from the Insert Bar itself.<br /><br /><br />-- <br />Nancy Gill<br />Adobe Community Expert<br />Author:  Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone<br />Co-Author:  Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)<br />Technical Editor:  Dreamweaver CS3: The Missing Manual,<br /> DMX 2004: The Complete Reference,  DMX 2004: A Beginner's Guide<br /> Mastering Macromedia Contribute<br />Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development<br /><br /><George_Vam@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3c064922.2@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> ADDT supports ASP VBScript, so you should be able to upload files with no <br />> problem. The error you're getting means that your site isn't set up to use <br />> ASP VBScript as the server model in Dreamweaver.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2008 7:36 AM   in reply to (Rod_Ort)
    Hi there,
    sorry to jump into this thread, but does anyone know when multiple file uploads will be a part of ADDT for ASP? I would like to be able to use multiple "file" input types within one form (not necessarily multiple images).

I would like to be able to achieve this within the toolbox rather than go out and source another tool fill in the gaps.

many thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2008 7:56 AM   in reply to (Rod_Ort)
    sorry it has been awhile, I don't get to work with this often enough. I'm trying mainly to make a simple page to select a file and upload it to my images folder without logging into dreamweaver or other ftm means. In this case i am trying to make a form that I upload sign orders with artwork to my database. Ultimately I woould have one page that I could fill in the customers name etc anolng with the ability to select a file (.jpg) and the file would be uploaded to the images folder while the file name would be committed to the database as text.

one at a time

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2008 8:05 AM   in reply to (Rod_Ort)
    I get this error whether the page has an image on it or not, I use an access database which is why the sql error was a curous thing to me

Error:
    SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement..

tNG Execution Trace - VIEW
    tNG_insert.executeTransaction
    STARTER.Trigger_Default_Starter
    tNG_insert.doTransaction
    BEFORE.Trigger_Default_FormValidation
    tNG_insert.prepareSQL
    tNG_insert.executeTransaction - execute sql*
    ERROR.Trigger_Default_Insert_RollBack
    tNG_insert.getRecordset
    tNG_insert.getFakeRsArr
    tNG_insert.getLocalRecordset
    tNG_insert.getFakeRecordset
    tNG_insert.getFakeRecordset

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2008 10:55 PM   in reply to (Rodney_Ort)
    Rodney, the error message you're getting means that there's a syntax error in your insert statement. Look for the insert statement in your page code and post it here so we can assist you.

You should also refer to this thread regarding permissions and the conditions that must be met in order to prevent errors when uploading images to your server.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2008 3:22 AM   in reply to (Rod_Ort)
    Here you go, thanks for your help <br /><%<br />' Make an insert transaction instance <br />Dim ins_Orders: Set ins_Orders = new tNG_insert<br />ins_Orders.init MM_Data36_STRING<br />tNGs.addTransaction ins_Orders<br />' Register triggers<br />ins_Orders.registerTrigger Array("STARTER", "Trigger_Default_Starter", 1, "POST", "KT_Insert1")<br />ins_Orders.registerTrigger Array("BEFORE", "Trigger_Default_FormValidation", 10, formValidation)<br />ins_Orders.registerTrigger Array("END", "Trigger_Default_Redirect", 99, "index.asp")<br />ins_Orders.registerTrigger Array("AFTER", "Trigger_FileUpload", 97)<br />' Add columns<br />ins_Orders.setTable "Orders"<br />ins_Orders.addColumn "Qty", "NUMERIC_TYPE", "POST", "Qty", ""<br />ins_Orders.addColumn "Image", "STRING_TYPE", "FILES", "Image", ""<br />ins_Orders.addColumn "OrdPO", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "OrdPO", ""<br />ins_Orders.addColumn "Desc", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "Desc", ""<br />ins_Orders.addColumn "Price", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "Price", ""<br />ins_Orders.addColumn "notes", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "notes", ""<br />ins_Orders.addColumn "by", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "by", ""<br />ins_Orders.addColumn "orddate", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "orddate", ""<br />ins_Orders.addColumn "OrdStat", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "OrdStat", ""<br />ins_Orders.addColumn "shipped", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "shipped", ""<br />ins_Orders.addColumn "coid", "STRING_TYPE", "POST", "coid", ""<br />ins_Orders.setPrimaryKey "LineID", "NUMERIC_TYPE", "", ""<br />%>

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2010 2:29 PM   in reply to (Rod_Ort)

Hello,

I have been seeking for the same “developers toolbox” software you are talking about. If you don’t mind, where did you find the software and if I may ask, would you be interesting in selling the same software to me or could you tell me where I could find and purchase one for my photo web site I am designing?

Thanks,

Joplateau.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)