Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Issue with multiple digital signatues in form

Level 1

Hello all-

I'm having an issue with a form that has multiple digital signatures.  The form additionally has a listbox in which the user can select recipients to email the form to. My objective is to be able to send a form to various users by email to sign digitally. After extending the features for Reader, I inserted a standard Livecycle digital signature by clicking on one of the digital signature fields. However, after inserting the digital signature, I can't perform any other actions (email the form by selecting recipients from the listbox, clicking a different digital signature field for signature insertion, etc.) It is as if the digital signature instertion made an uneditable snapshot of the form, which I do not want to do.  What can I do to rectify this process?

Will upload the form if necessary.

Thank you and happy holidays.

masber2000

10 Replies

Former Community Member

It sounds like you have "Field Locking" enabled.  When you design a from with Adobe Designer, the signature field object is set to "Lock Fields After Signing" after signing by default.  You can created field collections and assign them to specific signature field objects so sections of the form will remain unlocked to be filled in by subsequent users.

I have attached a screen shot to show the property I am referring to.

Regards

Steve

Level 1

I am also having issues with putting multiple signature fields, locking all but the unsigned signature fields, and when someone clears thier signature, it unlocks all the fields, but not the previously filled in signature fields. Is there an answer to that? Seems like a bug.

I am using Acrobat pro x to create the document and save with extended features and require that the first signature locks all fields EXCEPT the remaining signature fields. This works ok until someone clears thier signature and all fields are unlocked and editable. But it DOES NOT clear the signature fields of the people who previously signed the document, which looks like anyone who wants can clear thier signature block and edit the form and the people who previously signed the document still have thier signatures on the modified document. Is this proper functionality?

Level 1

I am using Acrobat pro x to create the document and save with extended features and require that the first signature locks all fields EXCEPT the remaining signature fields. This works ok until someone clears thier signature and all fields are unlocked and editable. But it DOES NOT clear the signature fields of the people who previously signed the document, which looks like anyone who wants can clear thier signature block and edit the form and the people who previously signed the document still have thier signatures on the modified document. Is this proper functionality?

Level 1

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am trying to do a similar thing and haven't figured out how. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Employee

Only the user who applied the digital signature is allowed to clear it not any other user.

Could you please provide the full use case or workflow that you are trying and the issues , so that we can let you know if it is working as expected

Level 1

Time Trade Form with signatures.jpg

Mr. Kumar,

The desired workflow is for

1)      Firefighter 1 to complete the top portion of the Agreement

section, sign in the Firefighter 1 signature field (which locks the top

portion of the Agreement Section), then select Firefighter 2 from the

e-mail drop down list and e-mail the PDF form to Firefighter 2;

2)      Firefighter 2 opens the e-mail and the PDF attachment,

completes the second portion of the Agreement Section, sign in the

Firefighter 2 signature field (which locks the bottom portion of the

Agreement Section), select Lieutenant 1 from the e-mail drop down list

and e-mail the PDF form to Lieutenant 1;

3)      Lieutenant 1 opens the e-mail and the PDF attachment, checks

the approved box, signs the Lieutenant 1 signature field, select

Lieutenant 2 from the e-mail drop down list and e-mail the PDF form to

Lieutenant 2;

4)      Step three continues through Lieutenant 2, Battalion Chief 1

and Battalion Chief 2

5)      Battalion Chief 2 sends the fully completed form back to

Firefighter 1 who copies the completed form to Firefighter 2

Note: if any of the officers disapprove the agreement the disapproved

form is immediately sent back to Firefighter 1

Jim Frazier, Deputy Chief

Villages Public Safety Department

3035 Morse Boulevard

The Villages, FL 32163

352-205-8280

Honor in Service

Level 1

Mr. Kumar,

The desired workflow is for

1)      Firefighter 1 to complete the top portion of the Agreement

section, sign in the Firefighter 1 signature field (which locks the top

portion of the Agreement Section), then select Firefighter 2 from the

e-mail drop down list and e-mail the PDF form to Firefighter 2;

2)      Firefighter 2 opens the e-mail and the PDF attachment,

completes the second portion of the Agreement Section, sign in the

Firefighter 2 signature field (which locks the bottom portion of the

Agreement Section), select Lieutenant 1 from the e-mail drop down list

and e-mail the PDF form to Lieutenant 1;

3)      Lieutenant 1 opens the e-mail and the PDF attachment, checks

the approved box, signs the Lieutenant 1 signature field, select

Lieutenant 2 from the e-mail drop down list and e-mail the PDF form to

Lieutenant 2;

4)      Step three continues through Lieutenant 2, Battalion Chief 1

and Battalion Chief 2

5)      Battalion Chief 2 sends the fully completed form back to

Firefighter 1 who copies the completed form to Firefighter 2

Note: if any of the officers disapprove the agreement the disapproved

form is immediately sent back to Firefighter 1

Jim Frazier, Deputy Chief

Villages Public Safety Department

3035 Morse Boulevard

The Villages, FL 32163

352-205-8280

Honor in Service

Time Trade Form with signatures.jpg

Employee

Okay , so if Battalion Chief 1 disapproves then it will directly go to Firefighter 1, but Firefighter 1 will not be able to clear signatures applied by FireFighter 2 or Lieutenant

Level 1

This issue has been resolved. The form is working properly now.

Former Community Member

Hi Chief43,

How did you resolve this issue? As I am having a similar issue and need it work as follows: if anyone clears a signature, it automatically clears all signatures therefore forcing everyone to resign.