Skip navigation
sgord5211
Currently Being Moderated

Yahoo merchant extension for CS5

Nov 12, 2010 7:17 AM

I found the yahoo store extension and installed it (installed successfully) in CS5.

I see the yahoo tab in the tool bar and I am able to fill everything out to start a new site, but when I click ok it says I need to restart dreamweaver, and closes it automatically, but doesn't open it again which I thought was strange. When I restart dw, I don't see my site in the Yahoo "manage sites".

I am using DW CS5 on windows Vista.

Please Help Thanks,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 3, 2011 12:15 PM   in reply to sgord5211

I've seen the same issue when using the extension with CS5 on Mac.  Considering the extension seems to be originally designed for MX, I'm not how optimistic I am that Yahoo has kept this extension updated.  However, such a tool would REALLY be of use if anyone has new information on this subject.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2011 8:32 AM   in reply to Cre8iveInd2010

I do know that at least the location of where Dreamweaver defined sites are stored have changed, if not the format of the data since I think Dreamweaver CS3, so this extension has likely been broke since then.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2011 8:44 AM   in reply to Danilo

It appears to me that Yahoo! has decided that editing the site remotely is a "bad idea", as all access to FTP for the Merchant Services seem to fail.  I'm abandoning my hope to simplify the store updates in Yahoo, and proceeding to look for real e-com hosting solutions.  Working with RTML is like coding in the 90's, and I'm much more a fan of modern approaches!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points