• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash player crashes browser

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The flash player I use started craching just itself now it crashes both firefox and IE. Ive already reinstalled it what now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Hi, If you are trying to Install a previous version of Flash Player, it will fail. Refer to this section in the Adobe Troubleshooting Guide: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_Advanced

Hope that helps. You may want to download to the Desktop the Uninstaller and the Installer, Close all browsers. Don't try Installing directly from a link.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, You always need to furnish your operating system, 64bit or 32bit, all browsers you use and their version numbers. What version of Flash Player do you have Installed? Without that basic information, it is impossible to give you any advice.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Vista 32 bit Firefox and Internet explorer. Adobe 10.1. Im on a dell laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Let's see what is Installed of Flash Player first of all. Go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash. Open Flash and post back all files listed. The NPSWF files, you will need to right click and then click on Properties to obtain the version numbers.

Then using IE, go to Tools, Manage addons and look for Shockwave Flash Object and make sure it is Enabled.

Using FF (Firefox), find the plugins and look for Shockwave Flash (SWF) and make sure it is Enabled.

Using IE go to Tools, Internet Options and make sure the Security for the Internet Zone is set to Medium.

When you post back mention your version of IE in case I have other info from you. Also let me know what Anti-Virus/Firewall you use.

This is all I have time for tonight. I'll check your thread tomorrow for this info.

I want to make sure that you have Flash Player and the addons Installed correctly before going any further. Sometimes an old file may not get Uninstalled, etc.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you wanted

flash101.ocx

flashinstall

flashpllayer.xpt

flashutil10I_ActiveX.dll

fllashutil10I_activex

flashutil10I_Plugin

NPSWF32.dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the file info. You have FP files for IE and FF Installed correctly. However, refer to my Post#3 to you, as I need that additional information.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same thing happen.  I am running windows 7 home premium 32 bit.  I have been using Chrome 8.0.552.215 which is supposed to have flash built into it, but I cant get Internet explorer 8.0.7600.16385 to work either.  Chrome says I have got Flash - Version: 10.1.103.20  Shockwave Flash 10.1 r103.  Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX is also installed.  I did try to uninstall Flash player in case it was interfering with the Chrome one, but reinstalled it because that did not work.  However I cant find the flash files - there is no Macromed folder in the System32 folder. 

I checked on Chrome and the Flash plug in was enabled.  Shockwave - Version: 11.5.9.615  Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.9.615 is also enabled - I dont know if this is the problem?

IE security was set to medium-high.  Have now set to medium.

I have AVG virus software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fjic1000, It would be better if you started your own thread/discussion. The latest Flash Player version is 10.1.102.64. Also it could be that AVG is blocking. It is confusing when users have different systems and issues to try to discuss it on one thread. It gets too confusing. By having your own thread, you can receive better help.

Thanks,

eidnolb

P.S. If I see your thread, I'll copy and paste the info you have already provided so you won't have to do it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Using Win 7 professional, 64bit OS, Firefox 3.6.12 and the latest Adobe Flash Player. Thanks for help! Harald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harald, Please refer to my post to fjic1000 and post your info and problems. I realize that when different users post to the same thread that they are able to keep the info clear, but just speaking for myself, I cannot. It just gets too confusing. Believe me I have tried it before and my advice to you or another user ends up being followed by the wrong person. That is the reason for separate threads:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use McAfee I dont understand exactly what you want except that can you be more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Following are the additional things I wanted you to check in Post#3.

Then using IE, go to Tools, Manage addons and look for Shockwave Flash Object and make sure it is Enabled. Is it?

Using FF (Firefox), find the plugins and look for Shockwave Flash (SWF) and make sure it is Enabled. Is it?

Using IE go to Tools, Internet Options and make sure the Security for the Internet Zone is set to Medium. Is it?

When you post back mention your version of IE in case I have other info from you. What version is it?

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Troubleshooting is a two way street. I need certain information from you since from my experience certain programs, addons,

Anti-Virus/Firewalls/Spyware, Toolbars, etc can cause the problems that you are having. Right now I'm trying to determine if you have Flash Player is Installed correctly with the needed add ons/plugins.

Just try to provide the info. I may have more questions and answers will be needed. You stated that FP is crashing and is now crashing in IE & FF and there are reasons for that, but I need certain info from you in order to make that determination.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked everything you and theyre all as you told me to have it as.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you have everything Installed correctly for Flash Player along with the addons for IE & FF.

You may want to go to this site:  http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ and RIGHT click on the Flash Logo, click on Settings>
Display Settings and UNcheck the hardware acceleration feature.If an ad is covering the logo, then just click on the ad. This site will also confirm the version

of Flash Player you have Installed. You may have to click on one of the icons to bring up the hardware acceleration screen.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright did it but nothing changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next thing to check would be your McAfee add ons that are in each browser.

You didn't say which McAfee program you have Installed, but try disabling any and all of the addons.

There is also a Virus Scan that is known to cause problems, but you double click the icon in your system tray and see if you have it.

Click Advanced Menu, Configure, Computer & Files. The Virus Scan should be in the right-hand windows.

Some users have the scriptproxy, Toolbar, etc.

Turning these off and see if that helps.

Also when you say the browsers are crashing, explain exactly what is happening. Anti-Virus addons in the browser can conflict with the Websites and also Flash Player, since Flash Player works thru the browser. In fact addons can conflict with each other.

That would be the only thing that I know that is left to check.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didnt help but Ive found that I cant reinstall adovbe flash player since everytime I try to install it saids ones instal even though I used the uninstall function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, If you are trying to Install a previous version of Flash Player, it will fail. Refer to this section in the Adobe Troubleshooting Guide: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_Advanced

Hope that helps. You may want to download to the Desktop the Uninstaller and the Installer, Close all browsers. Don't try Installing directly from a link.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help it works now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, That was a nice surprise, bet you are glad too. Did you go back to vs 10.1.85.3? It doesn't matter, just glad your Install worked and you aren't having problems. If you ever figure out what was causing it, let me know:-) I don't know what it was.

There could have been some glitch when you Installed the 10.1.102.64, hard to tell.

Thanks for marking your thread as answered.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem going for long time. I tried to get help from net but all in-vain.

Finally I solved it on my own. Read this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/769338

Thanks,

FlashPlayerStruggler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi FPStruggler, I have noticed that you are replying to several threads that have already been answered and they have nothing to do with webcams.

Your thread was about webcams and the problems you were having, but the threads that you are now posting to with that thread link are not about your problem.

These threads are completely different and most if not all have already been answered.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines