• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use Sourcesafe with CFEclipse ?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2009 Aug 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is my first project in CF and I usually use VSS in my projects so anyone have a link or how to install VSS on CFEclipse ?

Thank you so much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 02, 2009 Aug 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have experience with VSS and eclipse but google("vss

eclipse")[1] can give you a starting point.

Mack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 04, 2009 Aug 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is plugin available for VSS integeration, You can find it here,

http://vssplugin.sourceforge.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone been able to get VSS working properly with CF Builder or Eclipse 3.5?  I have tried several things with no sucess.

Thanks,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We used VSS with CFEclipse for a while before moving on to another source control system.  Here are the notes from our old install docs, they may be outdated, but this is how we connected to our VSS repository a couple of years ago (I have no idea what version):

The Visual Source Safe plug-in can be found here (http://sourceforge.net/projects/vssplugin/files/vssplugin/Version%201.6.2/org.vssplugin_1.6.2.zip/download).  To install this plug-in, simply extract the content of this zip file into your Eclipse installation’s plugins directory (i.e., "C:\Eclipse\plugins") ; you should now have a new folder named "org.vssplugin_1.6.2" in your plugins directory; restart Eclipse. (Note: You must also install the Visual Source Safe desktop client on your local machine for Eclipse to be able to interact with VSS)

Use the following steps to connect to a VSS repository.

• Open Eclipse to your main Workspace and select "File > New > Project" from the top menu.
  • Select "CFEclipse > CFML Project" in the popup window.
  • For the project name, put whatever you want, uncheck "use default location", and specify where you want to check out your code. (i.e., "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\yoursite"); do not check "Add project to working sets"
  • You should now have a new project with only a ".project" file in it.
  • Right click on your project, and select "Team > Share Project".
  • Select "VSS Configuration Wizard" from the popup menu.
  • Enter your VSS username, password, and VSS Directory (path to your srcsafe.ini file); click "Finish".
  • Now you should be able to right click on your project again, select "Team", and have all of your VSS commands available (get latest, check in, check out, synchronize, etc…)

I hope this helps!

Eric Cobb
ECAR Technologies, LLC
http://www.ecartech.com
http://www.cfgears.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric,

Thanks for the response.  It doesn't appear that the vss plugin is installing correctly in Eclipse.  I tried your steps and when it got to the share project pop up, the only options I have are CVS and SVN.  I am using Eclipse 3.5 and CFEclipse 1.4.2.  Maybe the plugin isn't compatible with the newer versions.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could be. I got a new computer a couple of months ago and my old

one has been wiped, so I don't know what version of Eclipse I was

using. One thing I do remember is that the plugin was not compatible

with 64-bit Eclipse, we had to use the 32-bit version. So if that and a

good old fashioned restart don't fix it, I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks,

Eric Cobb

ECAR Technologies, LLC

http://www.ecartech.com

http://www.cfgears.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My recollection is not nearly as detailed as Eric's But for what it is worth, I have used the plugin with an older version: Eclipse 3.4.x / XP / jvm 1.5+ . I think I may have also used it with 3.5. But I would not swear to that part.

-Leigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your replies.  Still no luck getting the plugin working. It may be time to consider a different solution especially since that plugin is no longer supported.

Thanks,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. I have only installed on XP and never had problems. In fact I had to re-download 3.5 for today (using yoxos-ondemand). For grins I added the VSS plugin and it seemed to install fine. VSS shows up on the Team - Share Project menu. So at least that confirms it does work with Eclipse 3.5. Maybe it is a windows 7 issue (assuming that is your o/s ..)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2011 Jan 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on XP also.  Still no luck with Eclipse, but I did get it working with CF Builder.  I think it may have been the jre version I was using.  Went back to 1.5 and noticed it was working.  Thanks all for your help.

-Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 14, 2011 Jan 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that is entirely possible. A lot of plugins require a minimum of 1.5+, so I tend to use 1.5 by default.  But I am glad to hear you finally got it working

( By the way, if you ever need to install a fresh version of Eclipse, with a certain configuration, I have had good luck using yoxos on demand.  It lets you customize your configuration. Just select the Eclipse version and pick the plugins you want added. You can even save the configuration as a template.  That is what I used to re-install 3.5 yesterday, and all my plugins worked right out of the box. )

Cheers

-Leigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation