May 18, 2010 8:13 AM

Latest reply: zazzo555, Dec 31, 2012 4:00 PM
Replies 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 28, 2010 5:35 AM   in reply to ATLBigRedDog

Please help to create following profiles:

Nikon Nikkor AF 35-70mm F2.8D

Nikon Nikkor AF 70-210mm F4

Voigtlander SL-II Aspherical 20mm F3.5 (Nikon F mount)

Thanks a lot!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2010 5:28 AM   in reply to simonsaith

Would it be possible to create lens profiles for:

Camera:

Canon EOS 1Ds

Lenses:

1) Canon 17-35mm / f2.8 USM

2) Canon 28-70mm / f2.8L USM

If creating profiles for the above lenses is not viable, can you point me to a source where I can find and/or download them?

Thanks, in advance, for your consideration and help!

CalmLight

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2010 9:55 AM   in reply to Yammer

Helo

Would it be possible to get profile for Finepix S100fs?

thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2010 12:11 AM   in reply to ATLBigRedDog

How about the Canon EF 70-210mm f/4?

Thanks in advance!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2010 2:30 PM   in reply to eikelben

voted!!

would be awesome if adobe make 24 pc-e with maximum shift or 10mm : D

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2010 5:28 PM   in reply to ATLBigRedDog

I humbly request a profile for Canon 70-300 "L" IS lens. I expect this lens to be popular - perhaps Adobe is already working on it... Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2011 8:22 AM   in reply to MadManChan2000

Does this work if you use a different body, such as an Olympus PL1? Also, is there documentation for this? I trust you, but I'd like to read up on it anyway

Thanks

--Alex

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2011 6:07 PM   in reply to simonsaith

Would be great if you could add a profile for the Sony SEL-18200 (Camera: Nex5).

Thanks in advance!

Jens

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2011 8:46 AM   in reply to ATLBigRedDog

Lens profile for Panasonic Lumix LX5 would be appreciated. (A DNG color profile for this camera would be marvelous as well)

Cheers,

Cory

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2011 8:44 AM   in reply to piratejabez

Cory, lens corrections are automatically applied for the LX5. The "Adobe Standard" color profile for the LX5 is automatically included (via the installer) when you install Photoshop or Lightroom.

Eric

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2011 5:22 PM   in reply to abatterbury

Alex, yes, the lens corrections generally work well across different bodies, as long as the size of the sensor is known (not a problem with the E-PL1 or any of the Olympus Micro Four-Thirds bodies).

Eric

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2011 8:32 AM   in reply to ATLBigRedDog

I like to have the profile

of the NIKON lenses:

AFS 70-300 1:4,5 VR

AFS 18-105 1:3,5 VR

both to use at the camera NIKON D300.

Thank you for your help,

Michiel Moerdijk

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2011 8:36 AM   in reply to ATLBigRedDog

I would like to have the profiles of the NIKON lenses as used on the D300 camera:

AFS 70-300 VR 1:4,5

AFS 18-105 VR 1:3,5

Please inform me also how you can totally update the databank of lenses in Lightroom 3.

Note: Do you know that Lightroom 3 doesn''t choose the right lensprofile when the RAW-photo is converted to TIFF or JPEG. So the corrections can only automatically made in the RAW-format?

Thanks or your help,

Michiel Moerdijk

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2011 10:24 AM   in reply to MMMfoto

AFS 70-300 VR 1:4,5

AFS 18-105 VR 1:3,5

Community supplied profiles for the 18-105 can be downloaded from Adobe through the lens profile downloader. The 70-300 is already supported. It should work fine with a D300. The profiles usually only work on raw because the corrections give unpredictable results on jpegs and tiffs because you don't know anything about the toning of the jpeg (messing up the vignette correction), the color balance (which makes CA correction difficult on rendered files) sharpening, and other factors.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2011 10:49 AM   in reply to MMMfoto

Most of the lens profiles shipped with LR 3 are intended to be used with raw only. That's why they don't auto-select when processing TIFFs/JPEGs (which may already have had corrections applied, or not). This is by design.

Note: Do you know that Lightroom 3 doesn''t choose the right lensprofile when the RAW-photo is converted to TIFF or JPEG. So the corrections can only automatically made in the RAW-format?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2011 2:01 PM   in reply to MadManChan2000

It is true that some lens defects of Micro4/3 lenses are corrected in Lightroom (this has already been the case in Lightroom 2). However, the problem is that these lens corrections are not done in the Auto mode of the lens correction panel. For this reason you only get the default correction of the manufacturers. This means for example that distortion of the panasonic 14-140 is not fully corrected at 14-18 mm. For Canon or Nikon lenses you could increase (or reduce) the amount of distortion correction in the lens correction panel and save it as your default for automatic lens correction. However, with the Panasonic lens you have to do this any time you need it in the manual lens correction mode which is not very convenient. What's more, chromatic abberations are generally not corrected with Olympus lenses and therefore you also have to do this manually. Wouldn't it be possible to get the correction information of the Micro4/3 lenses in the same way into the Auto part of Adobe Lightroom's lens correction panel like this is done for the lenses of other manufacturers? This would have the additional advantage, that you could use the "plain" result without any corrections in Lightroom, which might for example be interesting if you want maximum  sharpness in the edges of  a wide angle shot and you don't care for distortion in this particular picture.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2011 2:25 PM   in reply to MadManChan2000

MadManChan2000 wrote:

Most of the lens profiles shipped with LR 3 are intended to be used with raw only. That's why they don't auto-select when processing TIFFs/JPEGs (which may already have had corrections applied, or not). This is by design.

Eric is correct. If you want to force it, here is a workaround http://forums.adobe.com/message/2856442#2856442.

-Simon

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2011 8:59 AM   in reply to dregsindrag

I'm looking for this profile, Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 VR DX, but can't find it. Do you have a link that you can post?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2011 12:59 PM   in reply to dschickedantz

Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 VR DX

It's available through Adobe's lens profile downloader. Just download the app (first link on google), install it, run it and you'll find it and many more profiles.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2011 11:25 AM   in reply to ATLBigRedDog

I would like to see a profile done for the Sony A55 with the Sony 18-150 lens and the Sony 35 f1.8 lens.

Thank You,

Robert

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2011 3:56 PM   in reply to ATLBigRedDog

How old of cameras are you profiling?

I have an HP Photosmart r967

3x optical zoom

f2.8-5.0

7.5mm-22.5mm

I cannot find anywhere what camera manufacturer/plant it was made or who made the lens for HP

Have a great day!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2011 6:18 PM   in reply to MadManChan2000

Eric-

Thanks for your reply, though it leaves me a little confused.

I know LR automatically corrects for the awful barrel distortion the sensor gets at wide-angle (like the S90), but there is no separate profile to correct for more minute dictortions, chromatic abberation, and vignetting. With my S90, I relied on the default corrections as well as the additional lens profile for optimal results.

Also, with my other cameras I get "Camera Standard" and other manufacturer-specific color profiles (that emulate the colors produced in-camera, as in JPEGs), with the option to revert back to "Adobe Standard." I was thrilled a couple years ago when Adobe released the option to use different color profiles; the difference it makes cannot be overstated—it was like night and day. This is what I mean when I say this is lacking for the LX5; "Adobe Standard" is the only color profile available, and I can't help but wonder what color rendition I'm missing out on. So, am I misunderstanding something? Does Adobe Standard mean something different for the LX5 than every other camera I've used (including the S90)? Or is it, as I fear, just that onus is on Panasonic to release color profiles that mimic in-camera color?

Thanks,

Cory

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2011 8:25 AM   in reply to piratejabez

piratejabez wrote:

Also, with my other cameras I get "Camera Standard" and other manufacturer-specific color profiles (that emulate the colors produced in-camera, as in JPEGs), with the option to revert back to "Adobe Standard."  ...  So, am I misunderstanding something? Does Adobe Standard mean something different for the LX5 than every other camera I've used (including the S90)? Or is it, as I fear, just that onus is on Panasonic to release color profiles that mimic in-camera color?

This is the Lens Profile Creator forum -- not an ideal place to ask about color profiles, but I'll take a shot at it for you.

You can create those profiles yourself using the DNG Profile Editor.  Adobe does release camera-matching profiles for some of the most popular cameras, but apparently your LX5 hasn't (yet?) made the cut.

Adobe Standard does indeed mean something different for every camera.  As I understand it, Adobe Standard is a profile generated by Adobe which will process the raw data into Adobe's standard "look".  Ideally, files produced by multiple cameras processed using Adobe Standard would have identical color and tone.  The profiles you've seen that have the word "Camera" in the name are designed to match the camera manufacturer's looks instead.  None of them is any more "correct" than any other, it's all personal (or corporate) preference.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2011 2:30 PM   in reply to Mark Sirota

Correct, we are not currently shipping a separate external lens profile for the LX5, though there is a utility (Adobe Lens Profile Creator) that enables you to build your own.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2011 1:38 AM   in reply to ATLBigRedDog

Any chance of some profiles for Hasselblad lenses?

ta

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2011 5:30 PM   in reply to Nigel Davies

Which specific Hasselblad lenses are you interested in having profiles for?

Eric

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2011 1:36 AM   in reply to MadManChan2000

HI Eric,

I use a mix of old ( sonnar T*150mm, sonnar T*250mm & Distagon T*60mm)

and new (HC50mm, 80mm 120mm and 150mm)

The correction profiles are available in Phocus but I'm rather set in my  ways in using LR.

Many thanks

nigel

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2011 6:19 AM   in reply to Nigel Davies

Noted, thanks.

Eric

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2011 10:43 AM   in reply to Nigel Davies

If you try the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader, in the Camera Make search field, enter a wildcard search "Has", you will see 11 Hasselblad lens profiles show up.

-Simon

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2011 11:00 AM   in reply to simonsaith

Thanks Simon,

I will check it out now

All the best

nigel

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2011 8:42 AM   in reply to ATLBigRedDog

I would like a profile for the tamron 28-105 3.5-4.5 usm

on the canon 5d markll.

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2011 8:51 AM   in reply to Nigel Davies

Nigal I have not seen an answer to the Question how to request Adobe to create a lens profile??

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2011 12:16 AM   in reply to ATLBigRedDog

I am not sure if this was requested before or not, but I was surprised that the Canon 35mm f/2 has no profile in lightroom, although this is a well known and popular lens.

I tried using the Adobe lens profiler myself, but the results were no where as good as Canon's own correction in DPP, so I looked for user created ones and I found one for the 1D camera, and I am sporting the 60D with the crop sensor.

Please please please, can you include this lens?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2011 6:08 AM   in reply to simonsaith

Is it possible to create a profile for the Canon

EF 28-80 mm F 3.5-5.6?

This was a very popular lens for the EOS A2E (35 mm film) camera. If one already exists I would sure be grateful for a link.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2011 8:07 AM   in reply to elferna

I'm not a Canon guy so I don't know if they're the same lens, but there are six user-contributed profiles available for 28-80/3.5-5.6 lenses available through the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader.

Five are marked USM, one is not.  That one was also made on a full-frame camera, if you're still using this lens with film.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2011 8:58 AM   in reply to Mark Sirota

Mark, thanks a million. I am new to this lens profile feature and I do use this as USM with the EOS A2E which is an auto-focus film based camera. I launched the program  but am still trying to figure out how you went to where you saw these listed. Could you send me a link or point me in the right direction?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2011 9:05 AM   in reply to elferna

Select Canon from the Camera Make list at top left, then type 28-80 in the Lens Model box and press Return.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2011 9:36 AM   in reply to Mark Sirota

Got it. Thanks for your help!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2011 6:11 AM   in reply to ATLBigRedDog

bug

Message was edited by: courtox@orange.fr

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2011 7:26 AM   in reply to ATLBigRedDog

Dear Adobe Team,

I saw from the beginning of this discussion  many requests for Zuiko lenses (Zuiko is the Olympus lenses name). I've  made previsously some answers as "courtox" or  "courtox1" with some  poniters to find such profiles.

The main problem is with your  beautiful too: Adobe lens profile download, If you select Olympus you will  get no profiles at all. The only way is to replace by hand "Olympus" by  "Olympus Imaging" then you will get 42 beautiful profiles.

Is it possible from Adobe to add this name "Olympus Imaging" in the menu and remove "Olypmpus" ?

This  is normal, because Olympus is a large company making many products. Olympus Imaging Inc is making lenses (Zuiko) and Camear (E-System and  PEN)

So inside the exif data it is written " Olympus Imaging Inc"

Thank you for the work done for us

|
    Mark as:
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points