Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to make Image/size/resolution agree with metadata resolution?

Jan 18, 2011 6:01 PM

After scanning the help file a bit and searching thru this forum a bit with `metadata resolution' as search criteria, I'm still pretty confused about how it is supposed to work.. I may have never actually found the right part of the help file.

Cutting to the chase: How can I make the resolution reported by the metadata tab for resolution agree with what is reported inside photoshop at Image/size resolution.  I didn't see any way to set how res is reported in bridge.

I see many pictures reported in metadata as 72 ppi for resolution and  reported in photoshop as 200 pixel/inch

They do BOTH mean pixels per inch right?  If so, or really even if they don't how can I get the two reports to show the same resolution?

There are too many processes that depend on knowing res in advance of opening a file for that to be so far divergent.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 18, 2011 7:41 PM   in reply to HarryPutnam

Some JPG or Tiff with Camera raw settings will be opened in ACR firstly when you double click them. In ACR workflow option (the bottom in the ACR dialog) the resolution value isn’t same with that in Bridge (metadata panel). If you go ahead to open the image in PS by clicking ‘Open Image’ button in ACR dialog and then check the image size from Image -> Image Size in PS, the resolution will be same with ACR (actually it is changed by ACR).

If disable ACR support for JPG and Tiff in Bridge (Open Camera Raw Preferences in Bridge and choose ‘Disable JPEG support’ or ‘Disable TIFF support’ for ‘JPEG and TIFF Handling’), JPG or TIFF files will be opened by PS directly and the resolution matches between Bridge and PS. I believe this is an ACR bug.

So what file types are you using and if they’re opened by ACR firstly in your workflow?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 19, 2011 2:32 AM   in reply to HarryPutnam

What happen if you save the JPEG in Photoshop? Does the resolution match in PS and BR after save?

BTW, I sent a private message to you. Please check and waiting for your more info.

Thanks,

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points