Skip navigation
DanCondonJones
Currently Being Moderated

generatePDFOutput with a variable form.

Jan 13, 2011 3:16 AM

Hi

I have a process which uses generatePDFOutput2 to produce a PDF.  This works fine at the moment, but I need to pick the form based on a variable value which is passed in.

I've tried every combination of including the application name or not, with and wtihtout the version number, using forward slashes or backslashes and including the .xdp extension or not, but nothing seems to work.  The document I can find seems to be pretty vague on what I should put in.

Can anyone help?

For reference, the path of my form as viewd in the Applications tree is of the structure: APPNAME/APPNAME/1.0/Subfolder/Formname

When I use a literal value for the Form in generatePDFOutput2 is: URI = Subfolder/Formname.xdp, Created 6/12/10

Thanks

Dan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 13, 2011 5:38 AM   in reply to DanCondonJones

Right-click on the form in the Application view and check the absolute-path.

You want to set the Form property of the GenerateOuputPDF to /Applications + absolute-path.

Also make sure your Content Root URI is set to repository://

Jasmin

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2011 7:57 AM   in reply to DanCondonJones

What error you get in the server.log?

It should tell us what url it's trying to load.

Jasmin

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2011 9:54 AM   in reply to DanCondonJones

What are you setting your path to?

What are you setting you Content Root URI to?

Jasmin

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2011 5:44 AM   in reply to DanCondonJones

Let's just to do another test.

Go to the following url: http://localhost:8080/repository. This give you access to the repository from a web browser.

Browse to your file to make sure it's store in the path you think it's stored in.

Let me know.

Jasmin

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2011 8:24 AM   in reply to DanCondonJones

Can you post a screen shot of how you set the form url for the generatePDFOutput?

Jasmin

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2011 10:51 AM   in reply to DanCondonJones

OK. I think I've figured it out.

Just remove /Applications from your path. For some reason it doesn't seem to need it. So you would end up with /BTDEV/<rest of path> for you path.

Jasmin

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2011 2:07 AM   in reply to DanCondonJones

Can you send me your LCA at livecycle8@gmail.com?

Jasmin

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2011 8:26 AM   in reply to DanCondonJones

Ok. I did a mistake. I don't think it worked without the Application. I think I ran the wrong version.

Now I realized the input parameter is of type "document".

I think it actually expects the XDP and not the path to the XDP. I used a ReadRessource step to load the XDP in a document variable and passed that as an input and it worked.

Jasmin

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2011 1:00 PM   in reply to Jasmin Charbonneau

this thread has really helped alot, thanks!  It has helped to finally return a document to me!  However, the document that is returned does not contain any of the fragments that are attached to the form (.xdp) that I call in the process.  So, I pass in "formName.xdp" and I get PDF output back but the fragments that are inserted throughout "formName.xdp" are not pulled in to build the document.

When you look at the formName.xdp document in Designer, the paths to the fragments are relative so an example path is: "...\fragments\frag1.xdp".  That path should be correct according to my folder structure (that is if relative paths work).  I ported this right into ES 9.0 (9.5 workbench) from 8.2 and it worked just fine as is in 8.2.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points