Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

f4fpackager only producing 1 small segment

Sep 2, 2010 7:52 PM

I have a video file which is roughly 80MB large, and 1.21 minutes long. I run f4fpackager --input-file=myfile.mp4. It produces a f4x, f4m, and only a single f4f file which is 1.5MB large. What am I doing wrong? I'm presumming I should have 80MB of f4f files.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 2, 2010 11:52 PM   in reply to hloudu

Hi,

There seems to be nothing wrong in your method of doing it. Probably the mp4 file you are trying to fragment in not a valid MPEG file.

Are you using a Flash Media Server installation for your f4fpackager. If yes, you can check your f4fpackager by trying to fragment a sample f4v file  available in webroot/vod folder and try playing it back to see if that works.

If its working, the problem may be with the mp4 file.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2011 2:20 AM   in reply to Apoorva Arora

I seem to run into the same problem with f4fpackager and using ffmpeg for creating multibitrate mp4.

With --sample-dump only one sample gets dumped (corresponding .f4f has 56k) and I see that the f4m is missing the bootstrap info. I am sure that the first frame is intra and my GOPs are closed with equal sizes.

My x264 settings (simple and fast 1st pass) currently looks like this:

cabac=1 ref=1 deblock=1:0:0 analyse=0x1:0 me=dia subme=2 psy=1 psy_rd=0.00:0.00 mixed_ref=0 me_range=16 chroma_me=1 trellis=0 8x8dct=0 cqm=0 deadzone=21,11 fast_pskip=1 chroma_qp_offset=0 threads=1 sliced_threads=0 nr=0 decimate=1 interlaced=0 constrained_intra=0 bframes=2 b_pyramid=2 b_adapt=1 b_bias=0 direct=1 weightb=1 open_gop=0 weightp=0 keyint=96 keyint_min=48 scenecut=0 intra_refresh=0 rc=abr mbtree=0 bitrate=700 ratetol=5.7 qcomp=0.60 qpmin=10 qpmax=51 qpstep=4 ip_ratio=1.41 pb_ratio=1.25 aq=1:1.00

Any idea how to get f4fpackager process more than one frame?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2011 6:36 AM   in reply to hallunke

Update: Since the --sample-dump says that the frame with timestamp 0 is not a key frame, but sample-type=normal, I wonder how this can be. I am pretty sure that I have a real IDR Frame (no intra-refresh or something).

Can somebody confirm that ffmpeg I-Frames are recognized by f4fpackager as those? Even with I-Frames only f4fpackager doesn`t get it...

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2011 6:49 AM   in reply to hallunke

HI,

I am answering the portions I understood from your query.

Since your are trying to fragment multiple files of different bitrate format this mentioned here under the steps to do it.

Each time you run the File Packager, it creates a manifest file with the filename of the input file. When you pass the --manifest-file option, the File Packager adds the information from the manifest file you specify to the manifest file it creates. For example, suppose you run the following:

--input-file=sample1.f4v

The tool creates the files: sample1Seg1.f4f, sample1.f4x, and sample1.f4m.

Suppose you then run the following:

--input-file=sample2.f4v --manifest-file=sample1.f4m

The tool creates the files sample2Seg1.f4f, sample2.f4x, and sample2.f4m. The manifest file sample2.f4m contains information about sample2.f4v and sample1.f4v.

To create a manifest file for multi-bitrate content, pass the --manifest-file option and specify the manifest file of the previously processed file. Package the files from lowest bitrate to highest bitrate. Do not pass the --manifest-file option for the first file you process.

Link to get more info for the same - http://help.adobe.com/en_US/HTTPStreaming/1.0/Using/WS9463dbe8dbe45c4c -c126f3b1260533756d-7ffc.html#WSee12cc6c68864889-5f3ad678128479f1fa2-8 000

Any idea how to get f4fpackager process more than one frame?

Ans: - F4fpackager takes a file as an input and not file frames directly. There should be key frames in a file only iframes will not suffice the problem.

Please explain about – “With --sample-dump only one sample gets dumped (corresponding .f4f has 56k) and I see that the f4m is missing the bootstrap info. I am sure that the first frame is intra and my GOPs are closed with equal sizes.”

What and how are you doing it.

Regards,

Gaurang

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2011 7:00 AM   in reply to Flashing Mathur

Hi

I manage to get f4fpackager process multibitrate mp4 or flv when using non ffmpeg files. But when I use ffmpeg to create them, the packager quits after the first frame (sample) because it is not a key-frame. At least that`s what the "--sample-dump" option says.

When checking the first frame with other tools, they tell me it is an I-Frame. So somehow those ffmpeg "I-Frames" seem to get misinterpreted - by whom is the question I guess then.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2011 8:30 AM   in reply to hallunke

Hey,

Here lies the problem.

While creating fragments f4fpackager expects that the first frame of the fragment will be a key frame. Since in your case the file is starting with an iframe f4fpackager is unable to fragment it. And giving an error cannot fragment the file. Like you have mentioned. - " But when I use ffmpeg to create them, the packager quits after the first frame (sample) because it is not a key-frame. At least that`s what the "--sample-dump" option says."

Regards,

Gaurang Mathur

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2011 9:04 AM   in reply to Flashing Mathur

Hi

I see your point, but I have to clarify: There is no error given when executing f4fpackager without --sample-dump (but only one frame is processed). With --sample-dump it says the first frame is not a key-frame.

Also, I now specifically set the "-force_key_frame" with ffmpeg for the first frame, and from all my understanding there is no difference between keyframe and I-frame, as long as the I-Frame is a real IDR, which is default with x264.

Where do you think is the difference?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2011 11:55 AM   in reply to hallunke

Hi,

Some time ago I encountered the same problem with f4fpackager and MP4 files produced by ffmpeg. For me the solution was to use MP4Box to remux one more time to MP4 format (I mean demux from MP4 generated by FFMpeg and remux streams with MP4Box).

Greetings

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2011 1:58 AM   in reply to RobertSocha

Hi Robert

Yes, that was my solution as well - after I found out with flvcheck together with f4fpackager. My explanation: f4fpackager produces this error whith edit list table in the input mp4. Good that we all know the standard ;-)

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2011 2:55 PM   in reply to hloudu

Hi,

Please, could you detail the MP4Box command you used.

I'm unable to remux a valid file for f4fpackager.

Thanks,

Xris

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points