I have been banging my head for a long time now. I am creating a Java/Flex project in eclipse(FB Plugin) with the need to be able to develop the services simultaneously with the UI code. However I am not able to connect to the DS using the wizard.. it says connection refused all the time. I have been googling a lot and seems to be a problem.. has anybody found a solution.. yet.. please help...
We could use some information like:
Turnkey/Tomcat or other appserver.
DBMS type and version.
Can you connect and see the samples datasource?
I would confirm you can connect to your DBMS using some JDBC query tool using the same driver, JDBC URL, etc. If you can connect in the query tool, confirm your driver jar is correctly located in the tomcat/lib directory (or proper dir for your appserver if not tomcat). Also make sure you are using the correct driver for your dbms version and java version. For instance, Oracle has different drivers for the 1.5 and 1.6 JREs.
Thank you for your reply.
blazeDS : blazeds-turnkey-220.127.116.1131
Tomcat : apache-tomcat-6.0.30
DB: Postgres 9.0
FB Version : 4
- I create a combined Flex/java project
- I point the blaze war
- I create remote services, add the destination in the remote-config.xml and am able to get the result when I run the sample flex app..
- However, when I use the "connect data service option" it gives me a connection refused all the time..
- Please note that I have also included the RDS servlet info in my web.xml file..
- I think this is a bug in the Eclipse WTP .. idk .. please help
I am able to connect thru the eclipse query tool..
Can you please help me with a step by step process to create a combined java/flex project and connect with dataservices to build a dashboard application.... I dont want to sound too much to ask for.. .. but any help is appreciated.