Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

RH9 Installation Fail on Win7, 64bit

Jan 15, 2011 11:22 AM

After five days of attempting to install Adobe RoboHelp 9, hopefully someone here can give me some esoteric clues as to what to do next.

I purchased RH9 on Tuesday and the installation immediately failed, with the following errors/warnings (at the bottom of this comment). I hooked up with tech support, and the gal took over my computer for two hours, attempting all sorts of fixes and magic. Every single effort failed with the exact same errors/warnings. I lost the connection with her because a reboot took longer than the ten-minute time limit and never heard back from her. Despite an open case (#0181993020) and my updating it through the week, I have not heard back from tech support.

Here is what I’ve tried:

• Diagnostic boot (no non-critical services and start-up programs).
  • Safe boot.
  • Anti-virus on/off.
  • Firewall on/off.
  • UAC on/off.
  • Uninstall all “payload” apps (including AIR).
  • Manually install all “payload” apps (including AIR).
  • Where possible, manually unistalled/installed failed installation apps such as Microsoft_VC90_ATL_x86.
  • Uninstall RH8.
  • Reinstall RH8.
  • Manually edit Registry to remove all vestiges of RH8/RH9.
  • Incense and prayer.
  • New user profile (and re-trying everything I'd already tried).
  • Take ownership of entire system disk.
  • Extract install files to separate disk.
  • …a lot of other stuff I’ve forgotten while in the fugue…and, of course, rebooting the machine after everything and re-downloading the software...

Here’s the kicker: no matter the environment or what I tried, the errors/warnings are exactly the same and there is no error event in the Event Viewer.

I’m running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit on an i7-965 system with 12GB of RAM and approximately 3TB free disk space and Nvidia GTX280 cards. All drivers are current. No other Adobe app has issues (Adobe Master Collection CS5 is installed, as is RH8 and Captivate 4). Everything is installed and run off this one machine.

It is, of course, driving me nuts…<G>

Any advice or off-the-wall suggestions would be most welcome, especially from any Windows 7 64bit users. Here are the errors/warnings:

Exit Code: 7

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 10 error(s), 12 warning(s)

WARNING: PayloadPolicyNode.SetAction: IN payload {AC76D478-1031-0000-3478-000000000004} Adobe PDF Creation Add-On 9 is required by {F8994FC1-D72D-4DAD-8680-407D0438A539} Adobe RoboHelp 9 but isn't free.

WARNING: Warning: {2F6B67F4-A2BB-45D7-A80C-25FF646CC1C5} Adobe Player for Embedding will not be repaired, due to updated patch of STI and one of the top level payload is being installed.

WARNING: Warning: {E995AC53-954A-48D2-A861-613B8D42A9BE} Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit CS5 will not be repaired, due to updated patch of STI and one of the top level payload is being installed.

WARNING: Warning: {2F6B67F4-A2BB-45D7-A80C-25FF646CC1C5} Adobe Player for Embedding will not be repaired, due to updated patch of STI and one of the top level payload is being installed.

WARNING: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

WARNING: Warning: {E995AC53-954A-48D2-A861-613B8D42A9BE} Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit CS5 will not be repaired, due to updated patch of STI and one of the top level payload is being installed.

ERROR: Payload {A7C805CA-634C-4ec8-A6D9-B42D1555B653} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Microsoft_VC90_ATL_x86: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe Linguistics 5.1: Install failed

ERROR:  - Suite Shared Configuration CS5: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe PDF Creation Add-On 9: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe RoboHelp 9_AdobeRobohelp9en_US: Install failed

ERROR:  - MSXML 4.0 SP2: Install failed

ERROR:  - AdobeHelp: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe RoboHelp 9: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 16, 2011 6:17 AM   in reply to Flaven

Hi,

I am facing exactly the same errors and warnings on the Windows XP Pro 32-bit. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

-Amit

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2011 11:16 PM   in reply to amitkapoor

I have escalated this elsewhere within Adobe. Contact will be made with Flaven to resolve the matter and once that is done, the resolution will be made available.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2011 1:19 AM   in reply to Flaven

Amitkapoor

Does this fix it for you?

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2011 4:31 AM   in reply to Peter Grainge

Thnak you Peter. When I try the URL, I am taken to the Adobe Store and I must login before I can download anything. This is what I did earlier. So for me, this solution is not working.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2011 4:54 AM   in reply to amitkapoor

That link requires you to log in but it does not go the Adobe Store. This is what you should see.

download.jpg

Please confirm you are getting exactly the same error, not just an error.

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2011 10:57 PM   in reply to Peter Grainge

Peter,

I don’t speak English very well, but I am reading the problem which they are raising in this forum in relation to the installation of RoboHelp 9, I downloaded a test version and I have not been able to install it to review it and later to buy the license. I have one laptop with Windows 7 64 bits, I only have installed abobe reader 9.4.1. Spanish and adobe flash player 10 activex, the antivirus that I have installed is NOD 32.

The error that sends the installation to me is the following one, I hope you can help to me in like solving the problem:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 11 error(s), 9 warning(s)

WARNING: PayloadPolicyNode.SetAction: IN payload {AC76D478-1031-0000-3478-000000000004} Adobe PDF Creation Add-On 9 is required by {F8994FC1-D72D-4DAD-8680-407D0438A539} Adobe RoboHelp 9 but isn't free.

ERROR: Payload {A7C805CA-634C-4ec8-A6D9-B42D1555B653} has an action "install" but no resultState

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2011 11:04 PM   in reply to Marielos Velazquez

Peter,

I already downloaded de trial version like you indicated in post 7, anda doesn't work either. I'm sending you the error text again (complete),

- 0 fatal error(s), 11 error(s), 9 warning(s)

ERROR:  - Adobe Linguistics 5.1: Install failed

ERROR:  - Suite Shared Configuration CS5: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe PDF Creation Add-On 9: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe RoboHelp 9_AdobeRobohelp9en_US: Install failed

ERROR:  - MSXML 4.0 SP2: Install failed

ERROR:  - AdobeHelp: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit CS5: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe RoboHelp 9: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2011 12:11 AM   in reply to Marielos Velazquez

I have advised Adobe that the problem continues for you.

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2011 3:39 AM   in reply to Flaven

Can you please share installation logs generated at [CommanFileFolder]\Adobe\Installer folder with the name Adobe RoboHelp 9(time stamp).gz, then only we will be able to nail down the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2011 6:34 AM   in reply to AnujMittal

Hi  Petere,

That is right. I am getting the same error and yes, I don't get anything unless I login.I wish I could try the new release.

-Amit

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2011 8:13 AM   in reply to Flaven

FLAVEN

According to Amit's response, it is not the store he has gone to. You have to log in for the trial wherever you get it.

AMIT

You don't seem to have picked up on the request for your log file. Anuj works for Adobe and will be able to look into the problem. You can zip the file and send it via me.

See my site for contact details.

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2011 8:52 AM   in reply to Flaven

Flaven - I see that now, it was someone else who confirmed getting the trial version. If either of them send me their logs, I'll send them on.

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2011 3:28 PM   in reply to Peter Grainge

Hello Folks

Please ensure that while using Upgrade of RH 9, the machine should have the compatible previous version of the same product. If you are installing Upgarde version of any product, it will ask for the earlier version at the time of installing first time .

If you get the error and you uninstall the upgrade then second time it may not look for the preivous version, eventually it will not prompt for the previous version product. However you may still face the same error message.

But this will not be the case if you are using Trial version with the Upgarde License no. Best possible option could be testing the same product on some other machine to verify the product rather then trying on the same. Ensure that the size of the product you download on your local machine should be same as in the ESD.

Please do not perform any advance steps at your own. You can logg a ticket with adobe and attach installation logs there for further assistance.

Regards

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2011 3:56 PM   in reply to Flaven

Hi Flaven

I would like to inform you that I have been able to download and install the same software from your ESD account. There is no issue with the ESD provided to you as I used the same environment.

There could be following reason:

1. Something went wrong while installing the upgrade first time. It could be possible that some files got corrupted.

2. So when we were trying second time the upgrade version was not able to work with the existing version to upgrade it successfully.

So keep that ESD for future use.

Regards

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2011 10:57 PM   in reply to Peter Grainge

Peter,

I'm trying to install the trial version, I´m sending you the text from the log that you asked for, but it's to long.... if you want please send me an email account and I send you the text file...... and please, if you have a post for me include my name, because I don't know if the messeges are for me or anyone else.... tks so much....

Message was edited by: Peter Grainge Log file content removed. Sent to Adobe for analysis.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2011 11:04 PM   in reply to Marielos Velazquez

I believe the point that Robo Cap is making is that when you install using an upgrade licence, the version you are upgrading from must be installed on the PC at that time. That has not been my experience in the past. What has happened is that during the install on a clean machine, if you enter an upgrade version serial number, you will simply be asked for the earlier version serial number.

I will get that clarified as the activation process has changed and it is possible this routine has changed.

At the same time I will submit Marielos Velazquez' log file.

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2011 12:16 AM   in reply to Peter Grainge

Peter,

I did another intempts to install the trial version, in my lap, you name it and I did it, and it doesn't work... I got the same error again and again....

I borrow a clean lap with windows 7 32 bits, and I installed de same version of the trial version that I downloaded for my laptop, and it works....

It means something???

Tomorrow, a friend will tray to install the same versión in a pc with windows 7 64 bits.... I'll keep you informed....

TKS for your help...

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2011 12:30 AM   in reply to Marielos Velazquez

To put the matter beyond doubt, please post the link from where you downloaded.

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2011 10:37 AM   in reply to Peter Grainge

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2011 10:53 AM   in reply to Peter Grainge

You can continue installing the upgrade with valide license key of the earlier verison without installing the earlier version completely.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2011 11:49 AM   in reply to AlbusTeck

Marielos

I have received a request for information from Adobe and some installation procedures. However, there were some points that I felt needed clarification so I have gone back to them. Because of time zones, I don't expect a reply today.

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2011 12:05 PM   in reply to Peter Grainge

Can I get help too? I am getting the same install errors as the first post.

I installed a new RH8 just fine a few weeks ago, and then RH9 came out so I downloaded the RH9 trial, and went to install with our new RH9 serial and get those same errors as above.

I've tried some troubleshooting from the Adobe help pages but still no luck....

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2011 12:11 PM   in reply to perrin319

Perrin319

As soon as the problem has been resolved, the necessary information will be posted here.

When I post the reply I get from Adobe, you are welcome to respond as well.

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2011 2:13 AM   in reply to Peter Grainge

Just to update the thread, the further instructions will not be available until Monday.

Meantime I would ask those with the problem to post the location to which the download was unzipped. When you run the download, you get a dialog similar to this except it will read RoboHelp 9.

install_location.jpg

What path was entered there? (The folder will contain setup.exe).

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2011 6:07 AM   in reply to Flaven

Hi All,

I work for Adobe.Here is few information and probable solution regarding the problem :-

1) Adobe PDF add on failed to install:- It is  because this add on is already installed on the machine through some other Adobe product. Failing of PDF add on(if already installed) is not an issue.

2) Language pack installation failure:- This one is really important. Language pack installation is getting confronted and its STI is failing. This is a machine specific issue . A software installed on the machine is confronting with the STIs of Robohelp 9.

Recommendation:-

1) Look into Control panel and search for Robohelp 9.

2)Uninstall Robohelp 9. It must be there as Robohelp makes entry as soon installation starts.After uninstallation make sure to clean your old Robohelp 9 registry.

3)Restart your machine.

4)Goto C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers. And delete all content present at this location 

5) Make sure no other Adobe product is running

6) Re-install Robohelp.

Note:-

1) If problem persists after performing the above steps , goto the location mentioned in point 4 of Recommendation section. A log file with name Robohelp must have been created. Please share this file.

2) Moreover, can you look what other Adobe poducts are installed on your machine. Please share the list of those products as well.

Message was edited by: Peter Grainge Format corrected and steps renumbered, there were two steps 4

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2011 6:09 AM   in reply to mdsameer87

If you need to send a file to Adobe, you can send it via my site. Please ensure the file is zipped and the zip file has your name for identification.

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2011 11:28 PM   in reply to Peter Grainge

Marielos

The last few posts ask for specific information, such as where setup.exe resides (and there is an important reason for asking that) and it also asks for specific files to be submitted if the fix doesn't work.

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2011 11:29 PM   in reply to Peter Grainge

Peter,

I followed the recomendations that user mdsameer87 suggested in post 32, but I got the same error again...

mdsameer87 told that if the problem persists, he asked us for some files:

1. the robohelp installation log file,

2. the list of adobe products installed in my machine, but as I don't have other adobe product installed, i'm going to send you de list of the files existing in my computer with the name adobe, robohelp and add on

this files I'll tray to send you via your site....

TKS...

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2011 11:29 PM   in reply to Peter Grainge

Peter,

I found 2 notes:

first,

in post 32, in the recomendations number 4, mdsameer87 make reference to a location of the directory "installers", located on C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

in my lap, it doesn't exist in that location, is located on C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

second,

when I downloaded de trial version, te download manager located the software in the URL direction http://trials.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/RBHP/9/win32/RoboHelp_9_WWEFDJ.7 z

as you can see, thar direction made reference a directory "win32", mi lap has windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits spanish

in thes case, the download manager didn't ask about de OS

I don't know if this issues can help....

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2011 12:19 AM   in reply to Marielos Velazquez

Marielos

I have edited this thread and removed some posts that are now irrelevant.

However, I need more information from you.

FOLDER LOCATIONS

When you downloaded the trial version, you will have been prompted to save the downloaded files somewhere. Where did you save those files? Typically the files will be like the ones shown below but with the name RoboHelp instead of TechCommunicationSuite.

download1.jpg

When you double clicked the exe file without Akamai to unzip those files, you will have been prompted to save those files somewhere. There is a screenshot of the prompt a few posts back.

I need to know where you saved those files.

One of the files will be setup.exe and your next step will have been to double click setup.exe to install RoboHelp. It is that file you are running each time you try to install so you must know where it is.

I understand this could be the reason for the failure so the answer to this question is important.

YOUR LOG FILES

Second, you posted a linked to cutesendit but that will expire before Adobe can download it. I have that file and will send it to them.What I wanted to know in the offline email was if when you click Reply to a post here, do you see Attach Files below the screen where you enter your reply? If you do, please upload the zip file there.

copy.jpg

Perrin319

If you want to try the steps set out by mdsameer87, please do.

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2011 1:00 PM   in reply to Peter Grainge

Peter,

I hope this information is as explicit as you need, maybe the post is a little long, if you need anything else please let me know...

FOLDER LOCATIONS

Once the Akamai software begin the RH9 download, it appear the window below, the default directory is “Mis Documentos”, but I define other directory myself and redirect the download.

imagen 1.jpg

And the download manager just dowloaded 2 files:

imagen 2.jpg

When I double clicked the exe file without Akamai to unzip those files, I sabe the files on the default directory “desktop” (screen below), once the download finish, I have a directory named “Adobe RoboHelp 9” on the desktop.

imagen 3.jpg

The files located on that directory are

imagen 4.jpg

The setup.exe file I had been doble clicket to install RoboHelp it is located on directory with the same name

imagen 5.jpg

LOG FILES

I can’t see the Attach Files section when click reply a post on the forum

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2011 1:05 PM   in reply to Marielos Velazquez

Peter,

I'm sending you the images again, in the sequence of the text.....

imagen 1.jpg

imagen 2.jpg

imagen 3.jpg

imagen 4.jpg

imagen 5.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2011 1:14 PM   in reply to Peter Grainge

Peter,

I'm sending you the sequence of the windows during the installation, for your information.....

imagen de instalacion1.jpg

imagen de instalacion2.jpg

imagen de instalacion3.jpg

imagen de instalacion4.jpg

imagen de instalacion5.jpg

imagen de instalacion6.jpg

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...