• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 Installation Fail on Win7, 64bit

Participant ,
Jan 15, 2011 Jan 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After five days of attempting to install Adobe RoboHelp 9, hopefully someone here can give me some e...

I purchased RH9 on Tuesday and the installation immediately failed, with the following errors/warnings (at the bottom of this comment). I hooked up with tech support, and the gal took over my computer for two hours, attempting all sorts of fixes and magic. Every single effort failed with the exact same errors/warnings. I lost the connection with her because a reboot took longer than the ten-minute time limit and never heard back from her. Despite an open case (#0181993020) and my updating it through the week, I have not heard back from tech support.

Here is what I’ve tried:

• Diagnostic boot (no non-critical services and start-up programs).
  • Safe boot.
  • Anti-virus on/off.
  • Firewall on/off.
  • UAC on/off.
  • Uninstall all “payload” apps (including AIR).
  • Manually install all “payload” apps (including AIR).
  • Where possible, manually unistalled/installed failed installation apps such as Microsoft_VC90_ATL_x86.
  • Uninstall RH8.
  • Reinstall RH8.
  • Manually edit Registry to remove all vestiges of RH8/RH9.
  • Incense and prayer.
  • New user profile (and re-trying everything I'd already tried).
  • Take ownership of entire system disk.
  • Extract install files to separate disk.
  • …a lot of other stuff I’ve forgotten while in the fugue…and, of course, rebooting the machine after everything and re-downloading the software...

Here’s the kicker: no matter the environment or what I tried, the errors/warnings are exactly the same and there is no error event in the Event Viewer.

I’m running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit on an i7-965 system with 12GB of RAM and approximately 3TB free disk space and Nvidia GTX280 cards. All drivers are current. No other Adobe app has issues (Adobe Master Collection CS5 is installed, as is RH8 and Captivate 4). Everything is installed and run off this one machine.

It is, of course, driving me nuts…<G>

Any advice or off-the-wall suggestions would be most welcome, especially from any Windows 7 64bit users. Here are the errors/warnings:

Exit Code: 7

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 10 error(s), 12 warning(s)

WARNING: PayloadPolicyNode.SetAction: IN payload {AC76D478-1031-0000-3478-000000000004} Adobe PDF Creation Add-On 9 is required by {F8994FC1-D72D-4DAD-8680-407D0438A539} Adobe RoboHelp 9 but isn't free.

WARNING: Warning: {2F6B67F4-A2BB-45D7-A80C-25FF646CC1C5} Adobe Player for Embedding will not be repaired, due to updated patch of STI and one of the top level payload is being installed.

WARNING: Warning: {E995AC53-954A-48D2-A861-613B8D42A9BE} Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit CS5 will not be repaired, due to updated patch of STI and one of the top level payload is being installed.

WARNING: Warning: {2F6B67F4-A2BB-45D7-A80C-25FF646CC1C5} Adobe Player for Embedding will not be repaired, due to updated patch of STI and one of the top level payload is being installed.

WARNING: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

WARNING: Warning: {E995AC53-954A-48D2-A861-613B8D42A9BE} Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit CS5 will not be repaired, due to updated patch of STI and one of the top level payload is being installed.

ERROR: Payload {A7C805CA-634C-4ec8-A6D9-B42D1555B653} has an action "install" but no resultState

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Microsoft_VC90_ATL_x86: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe Linguistics 5.1: Install failed

ERROR:  - Suite Shared Configuration CS5: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe PDF Creation Add-On 9: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe RoboHelp 9_AdobeRobohelp9en_US: Install failed

ERROR:  - MSXML 4.0 SP2: Install failed

ERROR:  - AdobeHelp: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe RoboHelp 9: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2011 Jan 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am facing exactly the same errors and warnings on the Windows XP Pro 32-bit. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

-Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2011 Jan 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have escalated this elsewhere within Adobe. Contact will be made with Flaven to resolve the matter and once that is done, the resolution will be made available.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2011 Jan 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter -- I've just been initially contacted by a Tier 2 support tech. I'll make sure to update this thread as this progresses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2011 Jan 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - fixed, but not really sure how. After several more frustrating hours of no change on my workstation (I was able to install on my 32bit Windows 7 laptop, without a hitch), the tech suggested I try downloading from http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?loc=en_us&product=robohelp and try to install. Previous install downloads had been directly from My Account/Adobe Store.

I first installed as 'demo" software, without upgrade serial number, and it went through without a hitch. I then reinstalled with upgrade serial number and account information, and it installed without a hitch. I don't know if the sequence is important, but I'll let someone else figure that out...<G>

It appears that the Adobe Store upgrade software is either corrupt or maybe dies when attempting to valideate upgrade status on certain configurations. Specifically installing a demo version sidesteps that obligation for upgrade check and the install goes on merrily about its business. The tech is going to let Adobe know there may be an issue with the upgrade download version, so hopefully that issue will go away. In the meantime, if anyone is having install failures on RH9, give the link above a try and let us know if it works.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2011 Jan 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amitkapoor

Does this fix it for you?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnak you Peter. When I try the URL, I am taken to the Adobe Store and I must login before I can download anything. This is what I did earlier. So for me, this solution is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link requires you to log in but it does not go the Adobe Store. This is what you should see.

download.jpg

Please confirm you are getting exactly the same error, not just an error.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I don’t speak English very well, but I am reading the problem which they are raising in this forum in relation to the installation of RoboHelp 9, I downloaded a test version and I have not been able to install it to review it and later to buy the license. I have one laptop with Windows 7 64 bits, I only have installed abobe reader 9.4.1. Spanish and adobe flash player 10 activex, the antivirus that I have installed is NOD 32.

The error that sends the installation to me is the following one, I hope you can help to me in like solving the problem:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 11 error(s), 9 warning(s)

WARNING: PayloadPolicyNode.SetAction: IN payload {AC76D478-1031-0000-3478-000000000004} Adobe PDF Creation Add-On 9 is required by {F8994FC1-D72D-4DAD-8680-407D0438A539} Adobe RoboHelp 9 but isn't free.

ERROR: Payload {A7C805CA-634C-4ec8-A6D9-B42D1555B653} has an action "install" but no resultState

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I already downloaded de trial version like you indicated in post 7, anda doesn't work either. I'm sending you the error text again (complete),

- 0 fatal error(s), 11 error(s), 9 warning(s)

ERROR:  - Adobe Linguistics 5.1: Install failed

ERROR:  - Suite Shared Configuration CS5: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe PDF Creation Add-On 9: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe RoboHelp 9_AdobeRobohelp9en_US: Install failed

ERROR:  - MSXML 4.0 SP2: Install failed

ERROR:  - AdobeHelp: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit CS5: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe RoboHelp 9: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2011 Jan 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have advised Adobe that the problem continues for you.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Flaven

I would like to inform you that I have been able to download and install the same software from your ESD account. There is no issue with the ESD provided to you as I used the same environment.

There could be following reason:

1. Something went wrong while installing the upgrade first time. It could be possible that some files got corrupted.

2. So when we were trying second time the upgrade version was not able to work with the existing version to upgrade it successfully.

So keep that ESD for future use.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, Robo_Cap -- I also got the same from the tier 2 support tech. Here's another possibility: I had downloaded the ESD multiple times and attempted the install multiple times times multiple ESD downloads (probably well over 20), with no change at all in exit code, errors, or warnings.

The first time I downloaded the demo version, it installed without a hiccup.

Seems there might be an upgrade validation error check issue going on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share installation logs generated at [CommanFileFolder]\Adobe\Installer folder with the name Adobe RoboHelp 9(time stamp).gz, then only we will be able to nail down the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Petere,

That is right. I am getting the same error and yes, I don't get anything unless I login.I wish I could try the new release.

-Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amit -- go to the link I provided above, login, and download the software and attempt to install. That is not the Adobe Store version. Let us know how it works out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FLAVEN

According to Amit's response, it is not the store he has gone to. You have to log in for the trial wherever you get it.

AMIT

You don't seem to have picked up on the request for your log file. Anuj works for Adobe and will be able to look into the problem. You can zip the file and send it via me.

See my site for contact details.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thanks--I understand that. It is not clear from Amit's two responses, however, that he actually downloaded the demo version. I was hoping to have him address that specifically, but it's probably best at this point to let Anuj handle it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flaven - I see that now, it was someone else who confirmed getting the trial version. If either of them send me their logs, I'll send them on.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Folks

Please ensure that while using Upgrade of RH 9, the machine should have the compatible previous version of the same product. If you are installing Upgarde version of any product, it will ask for the earlier version at the time of installing first time .

If you get the error and you uninstall the upgrade then second time it may not look for the preivous version, eventually it will not prompt for the previous version product. However you may still face the same error message.

But this will not be the case if you are using Trial version with the Upgarde License no. Best possible option could be testing the same product on some other machine to verify the product rather then trying on the same. Ensure that the size of the product you download on your local machine should be same as in the ESD.

Please do not perform any advance steps at your own. You can logg a ticket with adobe and attach installation logs there for further assistance.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure at all what you're saying, but do take issue with your "do not perform advanced steps at your own" -- that's pretty much what the forums are about. Not to overlook the fact that many current RH users (me included) are old hands from BlueSky days and advanced steps are, consequently, child's play...<G>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I'm trying to install the trial version, I´m sending you the text from the log that you asked for, but it's to long.... if you want please send me an email account and I send you the text file...... and please, if you have a post for me include my name, because I don't know if the messeges are for me or anyone else.... tks so much....

Message was edited by: Peter Grainge Log file content removed. Sent to Adobe for analysis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the point that Robo Cap is making is that when you install using an upgrade licence, the version you are upgrading from must be installed on the PC at that time. That has not been my experience in the past. What has happened is that during the install on a clean machine, if you enter an upgrade version serial number, you will simply be asked for the earlier version serial number.

I will get that clarified as the activation process has changed and it is possible this routine has changed.

At the same time I will submit Marielos Velazquez' log file.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I did another intempts to install the trial version, in my lap, you name it and I did it, and it doesn't work... I got the same error again and again....

I borrow a clean lap with windows 7 32 bits, and I installed de same version of the trial version that I downloaded for my laptop, and it works....

It means something???

Tomorrow, a friend will tray to install the same versión in a pc with windows 7 64 bits.... I'll keep you informed....

TKS for your help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To put the matter beyond doubt, please post the link from where you downloaded.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp