Skip navigation
Melissamotif
Currently Being Moderated

Extension manager

Jan 23, 2011 12:40 PM

Don't know if this is correct place or not for this problem.  Lately when I try to install a new extension the ext. manager says "cannot install -- you need "Flash 9 or higher", which I already have. This past week I've spent quite a bit of money on extensions that I now cannot install.  Any ideas appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 26, 2011 7:31 AM   in reply to Melissamotif

In the past, a message similar to what you are seeing could be avoided by opening the application in question, in this case Flash, and opening Extension Manager, then install the extension.

If that doesn't work, then you may have to reinstall Extension Manager, you can find the installers here: http://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_download/

HTH,

Danilo Celic

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2011 7:28 AM   in reply to Melissamotif

An extension could be for one product only, like Dreamweaver, or it can  be for multiple products, such as Flash and Dreamweaver. I don't recall  seeing any extensions like the later. Could you provide a link to the  extension(s) that your trying to install the give you this message?

If you are installing an extension in Extension Manager and it gives you a message that you need to have Flash 9 or above, then theoretically that means that the extension you are installing has at least some Flash "parts" to it that are supposed to be installed into the Flash application (not the player).

You may want to try to install an extension that is for sure Dreamweaver only. Try this one that one of the Dreamweaver engineers created: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail& loc=en_us&extid=1739525 I do not have the Flash application installed on the system that I'm writting this one and it installed fine into my Dreamweaver CS5 via the Extension Manager.

Beyond that, since it appears that you bought the extensions, you should contact the extension developers to see if they have any suggestions, as they may have run acorss a similar issue before.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2011 3:53 PM   in reply to Danilo

I tried installing "one that one of the Dreamweaver engineers created: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail& loc=en_us&extid=1739525" into DW CS5 and got the error message "This extension cannot be installed, it requires Dreamweaver version 8 or greater".

Been chasing this for some time reading both Adobe and developer forums to no avail.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2011 3:54 PM   in reply to Danilo

I tried installing "one that one of the Dreamweaver engineers created: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail& loc=en_us&extid=1739525" into DW CS5 and got the error message "This extension cannot be installed, it requires Dreamweaver version 8 or greater".

Been chasing this for some time reading both Adobe and developer forums to no avail.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2011 4:28 PM   in reply to Phill Thill

My guess is that something in it is hard-coded to look for Dreamweaver

version 8 or earlier, or it uses a Dreamweaver-specific feature that was

removed some time after Dreamweaver 8.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 10:07 AM   in reply to samuelvimes

I'm having the same problem with DW CS5 and the Extension Manager. I've upgraded DW for years and years now, and the Extension Manager is not recognizing DW CS5. Hopefully Adobe will step in with a clue here???

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points