• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Admob - Google Ads?

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2010 Oct 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Innovative - will you? where can I find flash/air integration admob android ...

...where is Google Ads - Admob plugin or similar code?

This is a must in next release Flash CS5.5/AIR2.5!

this is very important ...

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 104 Replies 104
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2010 Nov 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm interested in this feature too.

i'd like to have the opportunity to monetize my app using ads.

I hope that Adobi will include this functionality in next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested too !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2010 Nov 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another vote here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2012 Oct 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://lilili87222.github.com/admob-for-flash/

this lib enable we load admob in flash air application .and it easy to use. it work well on iphone and ipad.android will come later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we have a response of someone from Adobe about this request?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2010 Dec 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2010 Dec 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be wrong, but i dont think this has anything to do with adobe. What we need is admob to provide API in as3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2010 Dec 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of any other ad providers that have an AS3 sdk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 23, 2010 Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was waiting for these people to chime in from the pre-release, but so far i have'nt seen either of them.

In the air/android pre-release, someone ("Jean") had posted some code to work with smaato, another mobile ad provider. The last status posted was that it pulled and displayed the ads with as3, however the smaato account was not registering impressions, (the developer got no credit for the downloads). This person was waiting on a callback from smatto support, then the pre-release forum closed and that thread is gone.

Someone else("nick carr") who was testing the same code, posted an example on the market called "adtest" by carr solutions, perhaps you can check that in the market and email him to see if he ever got the impressions to work properly, or if he has Jeans contact info since Jean wrote it.

Also some other people reportedly were able to use Admob by using a proxy.

Your air for android app calls a php file on your own server, and php calls the ad from admob.
I haven't tried this at all, but it reportedly and worked perfect and is not difficult if you know php at all.

I know this doesnt help much yet,  but this is what was going on in the pre-release hopefully we can bring this fprum up to date with this info.

so far it doesn't look like any of these people are showing up on these forums yet..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 23, 2010 Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like i had the example still.

I don't want to take credit for this  (i didn't make it) It was an unfinished work in progress provided to the community by "Jean S". You may want to clean it up a bit.

However it does pull an ad from smaato!

For test purpose, publisher ID and AdSpace ID is set to 0. You will eventually change this to your own ID after signing up with smaato.

Here is the source code:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MEH35U9B

I hate links like this, if someone can let me know a cleaner public place to upload it i will do so.

(Or am i just crazy and not seeing the attachment link on this forum?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2010 Dec 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks boat5, very useful info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2011 Jan 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accomplishing Admob ad-serving on Adobe AIR is my current official project at work!

I've seen the AdTest app as well.  I have spoken on email with Nick Carr and Jean S. from the pre-release forums.  I think they both work at carrsolutions.com from the AdTest app.  I haven't gotten a hold of Jean recently and can't find her email.  My understanding from Nick is that the page impressions are working now through Smaato, but Smaato requires >1Mio impressions and might shut down accounts who aren't meeting the quota.

I'll keep you up-to-date on the progress of my company's Admob ActionScript 3 code.  We're also monitoring AdMob's blog. Really, it should be the ad network who provides the code free of charge, but if we can figure out how to code it properly, we can share/sell it with a select few!  We'll work out the kinks on here!

-Adele

AdMobAndroid.com (under construction)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 08, 2011 Jan 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any examples of either of these? I'd be willing to test!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have an working example of this smaato example?

I can’t get the impressions to register or solve this problem.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2011 Jan 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another vote for this to bu built in!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update

I've been searching the web for the last 2 weeks and haven't found anyway to do this. Does anyone have any idea how to get any ad into any app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I planned to look at the AdMob PHP API client sometime this week and see if I can port it to ActionScript.  I have 12 years of PHP development under my belt but unfortunately I'm very new to ActionScript.  I'll make a deal with you though.  If you can solve this issue for me I'll attempt the port later today and reply here with results!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to do? If you're using Flex Mobile you can use  constraints to set the size and position of the component regardless of  screen resolution or orientation.

Screen shot 2011-01-11 at 8.31.22 AM.png

Screen shot 2011-01-11 at 8.32.26 AM.png

I'll send you the Flash Builder Mobile project I'm using to get ad's to work through PHP. If Flex Mobile is not an option then I can get the code for you to check when the orientation changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laxidasical wrote:

I planned to look at the AdMob PHP API client sometime this week and see if I can port it to ActionScript.  I have 12 years of PHP development under my belt but unfortunately I'm very new to ActionScript.  I'll make a deal with you though.  If you can solve this issue for me I'll attempt the port later today and reply here with results!!!

Can you loop me in here too?  I can share the optimized Smaato code with you two.

So far, that seems to be the only AS3 ad code working without needing your own web server to host ads and request via PHP.  But, I would prefer to use AdMob since I use AdSense, AdWords, and others!

My experience is in PHP and MySQL, but I have 3+ years experience in ActionScript (not much AS3 exposure until recently).  There's a 100% chance the three of us should be able to get this working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes. I sent you a private message with my email. Can you also send me what you have working? I will integrate it into my project so we have as many ad options as we can get working then post it online where we can get more help and exposure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2011 Jan 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update? Has anyone made progress on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution (requires running .net website)

1. create admob mobile web project which points to your website

2. copy the code you get (c#) in my case and paste into http-handler/webservice

4. filter the html returned by admob so flash can read it as urlvariables

3. get the variables into flash (url, banner-image-url, text) by loading the http-handler

4. make banner from variables

5. profit ?

I guess this also works via php/java ......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ofcourse this is only a temporary solution, since you only will get mobile-web related ads and no app-ads etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2011 Jan 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would like to include Admob in my Flash/AIR apps. I have published 2 so far and the only thing holding me back now is the integration with Admob. If a solution from within the Flash/AIR SDK was possible, that would be incredible. I hope something becomes available soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines