Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2009 Dec 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I raised Case #0181350870 on the 23rd and heard nothing so far, any chance someone could reset my ADE activations limit

as I have no computer to download my new books to.

I de-activated my windows7 ADE installation "Ctrl/shift/D"   then proceeded to install ADE  on my macbook pro

which then failed to activate with the  E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS error message

I went back to my windows pc and tried to recativate and that was met with the same error.

the full error message is in the attached jpg in the case notes

I created a new ADE account as a test and I could activate my ADE on OSX with the new id without any problems

so the install is ok, but that will not get me access to my existing library of books so I deactivated.

it looks like I just need my ADE activation limit reset please, pretty please 🙂 be your friend forever.

Happy christmas and new year to all.

Marie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Done, 5 activations left (6 soon).

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my full error message is

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS htp://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 954:5954:7954 urn:uuid:b3759cc5-062d-43b2-806a-c902b4d6159b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, 5 activations left (6 soon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your Help Jim,

have a lovely rest of christmas and new year 🙂 🙂

Marie

x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've the same problem after trying to solve a 2038 problem transferring ebooks from DE to my new BeBook Neo.  I was trying the unauthorize/authorize instructions over and over again with no success.   Didn't realize there was a limit.  

I use an iMax PowerPC and had no problems for my first several books.   Like someone else, I do not have  "de:deviceID" in either of the  manifest.xml.  (iMac  or  Neo.)   The irony is that when I select a book from the Neo folder on Digital Editions on my computer it's just fine.  Just not when I try to access it on my Neo.   It gets moved to the folder, but not to the Neo. 

I just followed your iMac PowerPC instructions for downloading a new copy of DE.  Hopefully, when I get the chance to authorize the Neo again it will work. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2010 Dec 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having a problem with this issue - how to I contact someone to adjust my activations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 24, 2010 Dec 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Adobe Digital Editions support page there is a selection to

the right, "Submit a Web Case" They were very quick in responding

that the number of activations available had been reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2010 Dec 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks BJ Burbank - it took me a while to find out where to post my question but the response from Adobe was quick and accurate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2011 Jan 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, but I am unable to find where to submit my request for help to adobe.  I have clicked on the links for support but can't find where to submit my request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/ gets you to where you can post a web case but from there I have been unable to find the link that allowed me to actually send an email.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open a case to reset my activations, but it tells me I can't unless I register the product...which was a free download and has no serial number to register.

Still having the problem where my ebook (which I've had a grand total of 2 weeks) isn't recognized anymore due to a failed manifest save, have found no help with that, the workarounds I've been told to try didn't work and resulted in the same ebook being activated too many times.

I've found an ipod touch application that will let me read them, but I still have too many activations. and can't open a web case.

someone please help, this is so very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2011 Jan 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Registration for web case: I had been registered under another

product and had submitted a previous web case.

However, it looks like you just need to open an account to get an ID

and password. No serial number needed.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm?nl=1&nf=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an account, I just can't open a web case. it tells me I need to have a registered product to open a case, and I don't. I have a free product, which can't be registered.

I just need to have the authorizations for my account reset, and maybe a solution found for my ebook manifest problem. I already have an ID and password, I don't need new ones.

maybe I misunderstood your answer but I'm not finding the information i need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this very frustrating too, and it turns out that it is just poor design on the website. I finally had to get customer support to walk me through it.

Here's how to open a webcase with the free Digital Editions:

1. Login to your Account.

2. Go to View Support Information

3. Choose Issue Type : Using a product or service

4. Choose Additional Products - Digital Editions

5. Fill out the form. You can leave the Support Plan ID blank.

I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines