Skip navigation
SultanaK
Currently Being Moderated

..\..\src\remoteImporterModule.cpp-282

Jan 27, 2011 3:16 AM

Hi,

First of all, I have read as many posts as I could find on the subject. Nothing has helped so far.

I'm trying to capture AVI into Premiere (from a VHS deck). The file captures and plays back from harddrive, but it won't import into Premiere Pro (AVI is the only file type that won't import, all other types do). The error message comes up: ..\..\src\remoteImporterModule.cpp-282. I haven't had any problems with capturing until a couple of days ago.

What does that message actually mean and what can I do about it?

Many thanks,

Sultana

ps. could it have anything to do with plug ins?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 28, 2011 10:45 AM   in reply to SultanaK

VHS can not be captured. What was your workflow, analog to ADVC to firewire to PC? Details please.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2011 1:26 PM   in reply to SultanaK

Welcome to the forum.

As Harm points out the workflow would be VHS deck to a FireWire connected A-D bridge. If things are set up properly, then one should be doing a Capture (without device control), and there would be no need to Import anything. Telling us your exact workflow will be very useful.

As for AVI, that is but a "wrapper," and can contain almost anything. This ARTICLE will give you more background.

If you are Importing these AVI files, into PrPro, you must be generating them with another program. Please give us the details of that program, along with the full specs. of the AVI files.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 2:09 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill,

I just joined Adobe's forum so I could ask a question of you. I apologize if this is the wrong venue --- forum rules are difficult to learn quickly -- and if there's a more appropriate venue please let me know.

My Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 (on a PC computer) has suddenly started to capture footage in MPG, no longer in AVI. For seven years, my various versions of Premiere have always capture AVI (marked "video" in the details of a folder) but has suddenly switched to MPG. Worse, the file size of a tape is now only 10Gb instead of 30Gb. I fear I'm losing a lot of quality.

Thank you,

Dylan O'Leary

dylanoleary2@gmail.com

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 3:24 PM   in reply to Dylan Oleary

Dylan... It is better to start a new discussion... especially since your problem is not the same as the original question

But... for tape... do you have a miniDV tape camera that records ONLY in SD (standard definition) or do you have an HDV tape camera that will, with a menu change in the camera, also record HDV video? (high definition video)

If you have an HDV camera (you always need to provide DETAILS for people to help, ie the brand & model) then you need to be sure that BOTH the camera and PPro are set to the same thing... either SD or HD... for the process to work correctly

Also, you should not post email in a forum message, so your address is not "harvested" by spambots

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 5:32 PM   in reply to Dylan Oleary

Dylan,

I agree with John T. on starting a new post. I almost did not even view this one, due to the course that it has run.

We might be able to get a poor, overworked MOD to "branch it," but then the title might not generate enough interest. In a forum, like this one, the post's title is sort of like a magazine's cover on the news stand - it needs to grab people, in hopes that they will at least look inside of it.

If you do create a new post/discussion, we can Copy John T's questions to it, but do not hesitate to incorporate those answers into your post. We can do that, as mere users, and do not need a MOD's console to do it.

The more info, that you can add, the fewer questions you will get, and the sooner people can get to work on your issue.

If I understand correctly, I do not recall reading of this. However, and predicated on the answers to John T's questions, there might be something else happening.

Good luck, and I will look for the new post.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 3:12 PM   in reply to John T Smith

John,

Thanks for writing me back. I'll try to navigate the forum and post there.

Both the camera (Sony HDV Z1U) and CS4 are, and always have been, set to

HDV but for some reason, PPro CS4 has suddenly switched to capturing in

MPEG (whch I assume is MPEG2) and the clips are identified as .mpg when I

import them on the timeline, no longer .avi.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 3:12 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill,

Thanks for writing me back. I'll try to navigate the forum and post there.

Both the camera (Sony HDV Z1U) and CS4 are, and always have been, set to

HDV but for some reason, PPro CS4 has suddenly switched to capturing in

MPEG (whch I assume is MPEG2) and the clips are identified as .mpg when I

import them on the timeline, no longer .avi.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points