Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

unable to start cs5

May 1, 2010 9:34 AM

I have downloaded trial cs5 and install it but it wont start, I get this mesage: the application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001d).Click ok to terminate the application.I have a modest machine 2600 barton (athlon) with 1,5 G ram and 64 ram grafic card.I had cs4 trial and it works perfectly so I thought this would at least start.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 1, 2010 11:20 AM   in reply to milalari

You might need SSE enabled. Check out this KB doc for more info:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/330/330616.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2010 12:33 PM   in reply to barry young

Photoshop does not need SSE to launch (and if it does, that's a major bug).

More likely some of the installed files are missing or corrupted.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2010 2:37 AM   in reply to Chris Cox

Same here, I installed photoshop cs5 trial two times and cannot run it - application failed to initialize properly xc000001d. My PC has SSE. I am seeing this problem in many places in the web, but no success story of repairing it. I would gladly test photoshop cs5, but I cannot even start it...

---------------- One more thing - I don't have SSE2, only SSE. Does Photoshop CS5 need SSE2 ?

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2010 3:12 AM   in reply to Chris Cox

FWIW, I had the same issue when i tried running the beta of Photoshop on  a very similar system (though mine had a 2500+ barton) but they weren't  able to reproduce it and i never managed to get Photoshop to run on  that system (it's #2457251 in case your interested)

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2010 4:53 AM   in reply to milalari

Nope, Photoshop ships with both 32 and 64bit versions and you can't even install the 64bit version unless you have a 64bit OS (and processor)

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2010 5:04 AM   in reply to milalari

I've told you, the installer contains both a 32 and 64bit version and it'll install the correct version based on your operating system.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2011 6:33 PM   in reply to Zeno Bokor

You answered the question regarding 32/64 bit.  I see no answer of the error everyone is reporting.  I've run CS2 & CS3 with no problem, but when I get the trial version of CS5 everything falls apart in Adobe's ability to solve this error.  What's causing the application failure that is so widespread?  And what is the fix?  This is associated with CS5 only, so there has to be an answer from the Adobe family.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2011 12:06 AM   in reply to jwcarr2521

If you cannot start Photoshop because your processor doesn't have SSE then simply install the latest patch for Photoshop, currently that's 12.0.3:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4949

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,471 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 29, 2011 5:06 AM   in reply to jwcarr2521

There is no widespread failure.  A few posts on this forum don't necessarily indicate a trend.

Heed Zeno's advice:  Adobe made changes in one of the updates subsequent to the creation of the trial version that support older processors (e.g., AMD).

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points