Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flash cs5 keeps crashing when importing images.

Sep 15, 2010 10:29 PM

Flash cs5 keeps crashing when importing images onto stage.  I plan on tracing a drawing I made.  They aren't that big so I don't know why cs5 crashes.  Any ideas how to fix that? Thanks

I'm using windows 7- 64 bit.

Quard processor and 8 gb of ram

Here is the error I recieve:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Flash.exe
  Application Version:    11.0.0.485
  Application Timestamp:    4badda9d
  Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7600.16385
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4a5bdb3b
  Exception Code:    c0150010
  Exception Offset:    000845bb
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    2865
  Additional Information 2:    2865b1bb537c4d5e61b79207bc968f0a
  Additional Information 3:    ddf9
  Additional Information 4:    ddf98ab5688195f8b48f91f047120c5a

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 15, 2010 10:31 PM   in reply to user7777

I'm getting the exact same issue!!

any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2010 3:26 PM   in reply to user7777

Same is happening to me!!

I cant even import one image without it crashing again.

I could really use some tips on how to resolve the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2010 5:37 PM   in reply to user7777

Exact same spec and exact same problem here. Have updated to 11.0.2 with no effect. Whats the deal Adobe?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2011 9:59 AM   in reply to user7777

Same here.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2011 1:53 PM   in reply to user7777

Can you post a copy of the image you are tying to import that causes the Crash?

Also how are you importing?  (Drag and drop to the stage, File Menu Import to library etc.)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2011 10:34 AM   in reply to user7777

At this time, a direct cut and paste from Photoshop is not a supported workflow, but the importers should work. 

Have you tried reinstalling Flash (clearing your pereference folder)?

If so would you post a sample image you know causes a crash?  If I can repro the crash it may provide a clue to the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2011 10:36 AM   in reply to Hero Protagonist

Actually, I worded that wrong. I'm having problems with premiere using the importers. I have to reprocess .jpg into .png to make the import work without crashing premiere.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 11:34:32 -0700

To: lefthook77@live.com

Subject: Re: Flash cs5 keeps crashing when importing images. Flash cs5 keeps crashing when importing images.

At this time, a direct cut and paste from Photoshop is not a supported workflow, but the importers should work. 

Have you tried reinstalling Flash (clearing your pereference folder)?

If so would you post a sample image you know causes a crash?  If I can repro the crash it may provide a clue to the problem.

>

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2011 4:13 PM   in reply to user7777

The location of the user folder is in a different location depending on your os:

Try this: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/520/cpsid_52048.html

Normaly when reinstalling Flash, after uninstalling I just remove the Flash CS5 folder before reinstalling.

When you try to import the PSD how far do you get before the crash?  Do you see import dialog showing layers of the PSD?

Can you post a link to your PSD file?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2011 9:57 AM   in reply to user7777

Odd that you can't remove that key.  Did you uninstall Flash first? 

My intent is to make sure you get a completely clean install.  Nothing from the previous installation lying around that could be leading to your importer failing.  The registry key is not as important as removing files that Flash installs.

I was able to import your PSD with no problem so either something is wrong with your installation or your machine.  I assume it's the former.

What version of windows are you running?

Do you get a full crash log from the system when Flash crashes? If so would you put that into a text file and post it?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2011 9:44 AM   in reply to user7777

I seems like something went very wrong with your original install.

At this point. You can try to reinstal and see if things clear up.  If they don't you may want to contact support:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

and have them walk you through cleaning out all the errors / permisson problems etc. so that you can get a clean install.

Hope that helps..

|
    Mark as:
  • Sharad Saxena
    192 posts
    Apr 30, 2010
    Feb 2, 2011 3:26 AM   in reply to user7777

Can you please post the complete installer log file to some location like acrobat.com and share the link? You will find the log files at the following location in name of product appended with time stamp -

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\

Please make sure you upload the latest installer log file.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sharad Saxena
    192 posts
    Apr 30, 2010
    Feb 2, 2011 8:40 PM   in reply to user7777

Yes, Master Collection log was the right one.

I found that installer is failing to install

'D:\Adobe CS5\payloads\AdobeFlashPlayer10_axRel_mul\AdobeFlashPlayer10_axRel_mu l.msi'

with following error in log file -

Error 2753.The File 'InstallAX.exe' is not marked for installation.
    Action ended 10:27:41: NewCustomAction1. Return value 3.

Try disabling the anitvirus as suggested in the following thread, then double click the 'AdobeFlashPlayer10_axRel_mul.msi' to see if it installs properly.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3118377

|
    Mark as:
  • Sharad Saxena
    192 posts
    Apr 30, 2010
    Feb 3, 2011 8:30 PM   in reply to user7777

AdobeFlashPlayer10_axRel_mul.msi is actually a part of the installer which currently seems to be failing. As per your log file you will find this file at the following location (after mounting installer disc) -

D:\Adobe CS5\payloads\AdobeFlashPlayer10_axRel_mul\AdobeFlashPlayer10_axRel_mu l.msi

Please reboot your computer before you try to install this file.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2011 8:28 AM   in reply to user7777

I'm having a similar issue and I've seen reports on various sites of CS5 crashing as a result of x,y, or z.

I am able to paste a symbol into my library to replace a current symbol, for one file. When I open another file to do the same, even if the previous file is closed, Flash crashes.  I was using CS3 for a long time with no problems to speak of.  Flash CS5 has been all but unusable.  Re-installing the program should not be necessary, especially when that doesn't resolve the issue.

I've installed all updates, I've closed all other running programs.  Basically, what I've found to allow me to edit more than one file before a crash, is to duplicate the symbol in the original document. Renaming that symbol, copying the duplicated, renamed symbol and pasting it into the library of the file that contains the symbol I will be replacing, and then swapping the current symbol with the new one.

Pasting a symbol that automatically replaces the existing symbol after having asked the user if they want to replace should not crash the program.  Nor should the myriad of other tasks that people have listed that cause total CS5 meltdown.  I hope Adobe can resolve these issues in the very near future.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2011 8:59 AM   in reply to aainnova

When the steps to reproduce a crash can not be duplicated easily on other machines it can be difficult to isolate and resolve the problem.

The first step is making sure the Application is cleanly uninstalled.  All user preference files are removed.  (To be safe try the cleaner tool http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/829/cpsid_82947.html)

Disable a many running applications, virus scanners etc. when you try to reinstall again to help prevent them from interfearing with the installer or corupting any files. (This should not be necessary but again a user may have a nontypical system set up that can produce unexpected issues.)

If that still fails you need to work with a technical support agent to help you isolate and correct the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2011 9:49 AM   in reply to user7777

I have the same problem cutting and pasting from one .fla to another. It also does not work to copy a frame and then paste a frame into another .fla.

It doesn't always crash, but the timeline doesn't update and things on stage are not clickable. It's useless for cutting and pasting now.

Come on Adobe, this shouldn't be happening on your VERSION 11 Flash "release".  11.2 update does not help. You're slipping...

This is obviously not an isolated event when this many users are posting. How many users are affected that aren't posting? Probably many.

MAC OSX Snow Leopard, 24GB Ram, etc...no virus protection software to interfere.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2011 9:54 PM   in reply to user7777

I got the same problem. I tried to import into Flash cs3, cs4, cs5 - constant error in each application.

But seems I've found the reason why this happened in my case.
    I just deleted the installed system video codecs (divx, xvid, third-party codecs).
    I do not see a direct connection with the import objects into flash. But fact, immediately after the removal of codecs it has to work.

I suspect that the reason could be a third-party codec that is associated with playing QuickTime. Maybe.

Also if it does not help you this way, I used a temporary solution.
    Open the psd in Adobe Ilustrator, copy images to clipboard, paste it into flash.
    In my case the images are not displayed on the screen after insert, but put into the library.
    Don't touch objects, just save the file, close the Flash.

Launch Flash and open saved file. In my case in the first run was an error.

Close the application and open it with file again.

The second time the error was not followed, the images were within the document 8-)

This option made ​​it possible to work until the issue is not solved completely (adobe, wake up!).

win7 64, cs5 (cs3, cs4 had the same issue)

Perhaps it can be useful for someone.

thx

Sorry for my English.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2011 10:53 AM   in reply to RussianGuy2

Hi ,

When  you import  a image to stage  / library what  kind of error message  comes up . Which version of Flash  ?

If you're not sure, please  check the version number listed in  our About Box. The about box is  located in Flash's Help menu under About  Adobe Flash Professional CS5.  In the first line you will see a string  of number that starts with 11.

Can you try to recreate your user preferences as follows .

1. Quit Flash if you have it running.

2. Delete your user configuration folder:

• Window XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local   Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Flash<version>
    • Window Vista & Window 7-   C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash<version>
    • Mac - Volume/Users/<username>/Library/Application   Support/Adobe/Flash<version>

3. Follow instruction from the following link to recreate your preferences files:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/520/cpsid_52048.html

4. Reboot your machine.

5. Launch Flash and see if you are still seeing this issue.

Thanks

Sukhi

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 3:02 AM   in reply to user7777

What the Hell is that!
    this issue still opened ?

So what is the solution?

Stop using Flash ?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 6:37 AM   in reply to red--house

probably ... flash is one of the most bugged application from Adobe ... i'm going trough hell right now trying to accomplish one simple product presentation ... it's insane ...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 10, 2012 4:14 PM   in reply to user7777

I had the same issue importing a psd into flash and turns out I had to just delete the flash preferences easy on a mac just go to the applications and find flash then play twister with your fingers using the keyboard shortcut: shift, controll, option, command and double click (yes almost all the modifier keys)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 12:35 AM   in reply to PotentialOfZero

Hi there. I had the same problem. In Adobe Flash Professional CS6. Each time i tried to import a image, i would get not further than the "preparing to import" and then it would crash even before you get to choose the image. It did not matter if i choose import to stage or import to library. There was no error at all ... the program would just close without warning. I had the same programme on my laptop and it worked no problem at all.

When looking at the system requirement for Flash, I noticed QuickTime as one that I had to check up on.

When my Quicktime updates itself it gave me an error that it could not update. According to a google search, i had to uninstall the old Quicktime and reinstall a new one. My Quicktime was now up to date.

Flash is now not giving the error anymore :-)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points