• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed Adobe Flash, still says to download the newest update

Jan 30, 2011 Jan 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Mac

Okay, I was trying to watch a video on YouTube, but it promts to download the newest Flash.  It still says it requires newest Flash.  I un-install and re-install Adobe Flash, it still wont show videos! I also restarted my computer that did not help either. Also, i updated y Safari but that also did not help.

I have downloaded the newest Version of adobe flash many times (Adobe Flash Player version 10.1.102.64

Universal Binary for Macs | 7.60 MB) I have been trying for about 3 months and it has not been fixed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2011 Jan 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Look into the HD/Library/Internet Plug-ins/ directory and see if you have the below two files:
    Flash Player.plugin
    flashplayer.xpt

Make sure the Flash Player.plugin is Enabled. This is the Control for Flash Player.

You can also test at this Adobe site:

Can you see the Flash logo animate(spin) and what version of Flash Player is displayed?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 01, 2011 Feb 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how i would get to the :

Look into the HD/Library/Internet Plug-ins/ directory and see if you have the below two files:

Flash Player.plugin
    flashplayer.xpt

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 01, 2011 Feb 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't use a Mac, so just know very basics. My sister has an iMac and I'll looked around some with her:-)

As far as I know/remember is there Devices? Applications? I know the HD takes you to the Library, then either Application Support and look for Adobe and then Flash Player and then the plugin. We searched for this on her computer, plus a lot of other things. We did find out she didn't have Flash Player Installed at all, LOL

You might just have to look in various places, I know that's what I had to do. The Mac is a lot different than a PC.

I'm hoping another Mac user will be able to help more.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2011 Feb 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the adobe Flash player install manager, Flash Player-1, and Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2011 Feb 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, You need to find the plugin Shockwave Flash and make sure it is enabled. You may want to go to the Apple forum and see if you can ask about that. If you have a friend that uses Mac, that would be helpful.

Apple Info: http://www.apple.com/support/switch101/

http://www.apple.com/support/mac101/

As I said, I can only give you info on what you need in order for Flash Player to work. I don't have a Mac, so don't troubleshoot Mac.

You can take a look at this Mac Troubleshooting Guide and see if it is helpful.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/865/cpsid_86551.html    

Those sites should be able to help you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2011 Jan 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the link in eidnolb's post above went missing

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines