• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS5 closes right after it opens

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2011 Jan 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After many, many months of being a reliable companion, one of our Illustrator CS5 installations has suddenly started closing itself immediately after opening. We've deleted preferences, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, deleted all but the system fonts, created a new user -- all to no avail.

At this point, we know the following:

• It's not a font issue (all but system fonts have been deleted).
  • It's not a preferences issue (software was uninstalled and all remaining folders were deleted).
  • It's not a plug-ins issue (software makes it to the workspace before closing).
  • The splash screen says "Tryout Version," even though it's the regular software.
  • We have a similar problem with InDesign CS5, but the rest of the suite works perfectly.

The weirdness is happening on a Dell XPS 420 quad core, running Windows 7 64-bit. Everything else on the box is stable and reliable, and has been so for some time. The video card is an older nVidia, with the latest version of driver software.

Since this PC is our heavy production box, we're crippled without the software. We've run through just about everything in the knowledgebase and forums, so any fresh insights into what's going on are extremely welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jld,

The Tryout Version parts sounds particularly ominous.

Just to rule out an improbable possibility: does it also happen when you run no other applications at all, including antivirus applications and other similarly inconspicuous applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes -- same behavior if I boot into Safe Mode, with nothing running. What I haven't done is run the clean script -- didn't know it existed. Will try that next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you read this:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405970.html

and this:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2945747?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep -- gone through them both. Will let you know if the clean script helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did repair the permissions? Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also started having this problem yesterday too. I tried everything from deleting all my fonts except the standard ones, deleting preferences and re-installing but nothing seemed to work.

I fixed it though by doing the following:

1. Going here and downloading the "amtlib.dll.rar" file.

2. Extracting it to a folder on my HD.

3. Navigating to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS5\Support Files\Contents\Windows".

4. Copying (or cutting) and then pasting the "amtlib.dll" to the above folder overwriting the file that's there (you can back it up before hand if needed).

I could then startup Illustrator CS5 without any problems. So there seems to be a problem with the "amtlib.dll" file, I don't know whether certain fonts can corrupt it or not but this fixed it for me.

-Good Luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2011 Feb 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the post about the .dll file replacement works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2011 Feb 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the .dll download (after applying the 15.0.2 patch) but when I tried to open Illustrator, it said that that .dll file was incompatible with Windows. So, I am still stuck at the same issue: Illustrator opens and then shuts itself down after only a few seconds. Any other suggestions? I have run CCLeaner and other registry tools to see if there is a problem but nothing seems to be working. AFAIK this is the only Adobe program in the CS5 group that is giving me a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have had this issue, and the links to the DLL file do not work (broken links)...

Has anybody else had any luck??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2011 Jul 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At your own discretion go to The Pirate Bay and type Adobe CS5 patch  and the 1st link has a patched amtdll file torrent for illustrator CS5 or type in Google "Illustrator cs5 amtlib.dll" and the 5th link will bring you to the link I mentioned before.  I scanned it with AVG anti-virus and Malwarebytes Anti-malware and it was clean. It fixed my illustrator CS5 problem.

But like I said...use the torrent at your own discretion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines